PORTE-DOCUMENTS BUSINESS MM

Well... this is an easy one. I will rank them (It is a personal opinion though):
- Dandy Ombré: it is actually the classic Vuitton Nomade leather with an Ombré hand-made colouring. Even the leather itself is art. If taken care of, this leather shows age gracefully. After 10 or 20 years, it will scream elegance and old-money.
- Porte Documents Voyage (the normal size): it is only available in Monogram or Exotics. The webshop also shows a Taïga one with a seasonal print, but that really just seems like a PM. So, this bag in Monogram canvas is the most Vuitton, but since it has the natural VVN leather all over it, it needs to be taken care of too. It can age gracefully like the Ombré, or can be dirty and used looking in a few years. It really depends on how much love and attention it gets. None of these are care free.
- Porte Documents Voyage PM: this is the "starter" business bag really, and only fits the 13". This one is available in Graphite, Damier Ebene, Macassar and Taïga. When released, lovers of the original size were happy to try and buy, but many were dissatisfied. This bag is 30-40% cheaper than the big one, which shows in production optimizations, less leather, less stitching, etc... this is not a bad bag at all, but clearly a new and optimized design. The original stood the test of time, we know how it will look and age, this one is yet to prove itself. If I were you (if you pick this design) I would go for an all leather version in Taïga. But this bag is only good for the 13" laptop, so this would only be a temporary choice anyway. But maybe this will be the perfect size for the new magic MacBooks that Apple will release in November :smile:

Reactions: oldlurker
Dandy Ombré: it is actually the classic Vuitton Nomade leather with an Ombré hand-made colouring. Even the leather itself is art. If taken care of, this leather shows age gracefully. After 10 or 20 years, it will scream elegance and old-money.
I love its slim size, 41 x 29 x 7 cm; it's absolutely perfect for 16-inch laptops. As for the leather, it's indeed just beautiful! I'm just not quite sure it's worth almost three times the price of the PDV GM.
Porte Documents Voyage (the normal size): it is only available in Monogram or Exotics.
There's the PDV GM in Damier Graphite as well. I think it's from an old collection (2014-17), but a few shops still have it brand-new, and it was the one I ordered yesterday for my 16-inch MacBook Pro. Its dimensions are 41 x 31 x 12 cm (almost perfect for 16-inch laptops, but still a bit too thick). It's coming from an LV shop in Dubai and will arrive by mid November.
Porte Documents Voyage PM: this is the "starter" business bag really, and only fits the 13".
Yes, I bought one yesterday for the 13-inch one, which will arrive by Wednesday (both the bag and the laptop).

I don't know... I'm really undecided about whether I should cancel the PDV and buy the Dandy or just keep the PDV and call it a day. I mean, the Dandy is a better bag, but it costs the same as my laptop, and I do feel a laptop bag shouldn't be that expensive for its purchase to make sense. You know? To me, it would be the same as buying a $1,500 case for a $1,000 phone. It's not about the money; it's about proportionality.

PS: I'm not trying to convince you of anything; I'm actually trying to convince myself (haha).

Last edited:
There's the PDV GM in Damier Graphite as well. I think it's from an old collection (2014-17)...
I remember, it was available in a wide range of materials, even Épi, my favourite PDV, but they are being phased out. In the European sites LV only lists the Monogram :sad:
I understand your concern about the price, but remember, these are not laptop bags, especially the classic PDV. These are general business bags and all of them will be perfectly usable 20 years from now, even when we won't have laptops anymore. While a phone case will be obsolete in a few months with the next iPhone.

Reactions: oldlurker