Pls help me choose: Chanel J12 or Cartier Love Bangle?

Love Bangle, for sure, especially if you already have some nice watches. The love bracelet is just such an iconic, classic piece. I think if you got the J12 watch, you'd still want the Love Bangle down the road. Also, the idea of your DH giving it to you is very romantic.

P.S. I def don't think it matters that your friend has the bangle already. There is no monopoly on owning classic pieces such as this one.

So true on both statements! Especially the 2nd one, I feel much better now! thanks!

Without a doubt, the Love Bangle. It is a Cartier icon, a real classic that you will love wearing years and years down the road. :heart:

I've succumbed to a few jewelry trends over the years, but honestly I find that my Cartier pieces are the ones I feel as in love with today, as the day I bought them. :love:

(And I love what the Love Bangle symbolizes...love and devotion:heart:)

Really? do you remember what issues roughly? I read a lot of posts about it on the chanel forum already, I dont remember any major issues.....maybe someone mentioned that the link was broken?

I haven't heard of any issues with the J12. I wear mine daily and it still looks brand new. ;)
I agree that which ever one you choose you'll end up getting the other one later on so my vote goes to the one which you think you would wear the most at the moment.

I have 2 J12's and they are worn constantly, (I wear the white one a bit more than the black to be honest). These watches are just so comfortable and cool looking too. Plus they are both a few years old now, and they show no wear at all.

The bracelet is also very nice, but I'd go with the watch.:love:

I have 2 J12's and they are worn constantly, (I wear the white one a bit more than the black to be honest). These watches are just so comfortable and cool looking too. Plus they are both a few years old now, and they show no wear at all.

The bracelet is also very nice, but I'd go with the watch.:love:

DD101, just wondering what are the sizes of your J12?

Love bangle! I would consider a J12 more of an accessory than a watch... and in terms of accessories the Cartier Love Collection is just classic and timeless.

People looking at the bangle on you, knowing it was given to you by your DH is enough to symbolize so much without anything being said! Whereas I feel the J12 won't carry as much significance in comparison except for the fact it was a gift (I know you will appreciate the gesture equally).

Love bangle love bangle love bangle :graucho:

the love bangle, for sure! :heart:

i have had mine for 2 years now and i love it. i cannot imagine not having it on my wrist everyday.

and imo, i don't think the chanel watch is worth the money. i truly don't. you're basically paying for the chanel name, so even though it's the same with the cartier love bangle, it's still something that will always appreciate in value, and the style is timeless!

and if your husband is giving it to you, it's even better!

I dont have either but want both, but as a present from my husband I'd much prefer the Love Bangle. I think I'd prefer telling my friends my husband bought me the bangle then months later to tell them I bought myself the bangle (if he buys you the J12 as the gift).

Either way, what a lovely gift!