PLEASE share your MK Leather Cleaner Reviews

Bringing this thread up again because I want to know if anyone else has experience with the two products and would like to share!
I want to use the leather cleaner my soft hamilton but I'm afraid the yummy leather smell will go away.
&& does anyone use the rain and stain repellant on their saffiano bags?

Bringing this thread up again because I want to know if anyone else has experience with the two products and would like to share!
I want to use the leather cleaner my soft hamilton but I'm afraid the yummy leather smell will go away.
Personally, I wouldn't use stain and rain repellant on saffiano leather because it is an already pretreated leather. I only use stain and rain repellant on the vachetta of my LV bags. It basically is for untreated leathers. However, I don't think it would hurt to use leather cleaner on occasion on saffiano leather if/when necessary.

Reactions: cdtracing

I've only used the Rain & Stain on my pebbled Hamiltons. I spoke to a MK Rep on their online chat and they looked up the proper care for the pebbled leather for me. They told me that I should not use their cleaner on the pebbled leather but to wipe the bag clean with a cloth and use the Rain & Stain Repellent. So that's what I've done with both my bags.
I think the Rain & Stain works well. It didn't alter the way my bags smell at all, not even directly after spraying them. I've been caught in a couple rain showers with both my bags so far this spring and there are no water spots. I think people have used the cleaner and conditioner without any issues but I haven't tried. I would like to find a good conditioner in case they need some moisture down the line though.

Last edited:
Apply Rain and Stain Repellent to the MK Rhea backpack, should I? Apart from that, is the cleaner only used for cleaning a unlikely condition, or it can be used frequently for maintaining the bag? How frequent can it be applied? I scare frequent used turn the bag to adverse side. :wacko::cry::sad:

Ok I wasn't sure if this question fits here...I thought there was a cleaning thread but I can't find it. Anyhow I'm looking at a pebbled leather bag. Will pebbled leather get color transfer on it like the saffiano leather? What's your thoughts? those that own real leather bags. I'm looking at a raspberry leather bag��

Ok I wasn't sure if this question fits here...I thought there was a cleaning thread but I can't find it. Anyhow I'm looking at a pebbled leather bag. Will pebbled leather get color transfer on it like the saffiano leather? What's your thoughts? those that own real leather bags. I'm looking at a raspberry leather bag��
Pebbled leather can get color transfer, especially if it's a lighter colored leather. You should use rain/stain repellent in advance of use. However, make sure to read the label. Some, apparently, are not meant for pebbled leather.

Reactions: cdtracing
I know this is an older thread but I have a white chain link soft leather MK and it has some skuff marks on it... I read bad reviews on the MK cleaner on Amazon... anyone have any other tips? Any help is appreciated:smile: ty

I know this is an older thread but I have a white chain link soft leather MK and it has some skuff marks on it... I read bad reviews on the MK cleaner on Amazon... anyone have any other tips? Any help is appreciated:smile: ty
What color are the scuff marks? Or is there just some damage to the white leather itself?

What color are the scuff marks? Or is there just some damage to the white leather itself?
That's a great question... I am not sure.. I got the bag in a "trade" deal and I thought they were scuff marks to the leather but now I wonder.. I wonder if I loaded pictures if u could tell? Thank you so much for the reply!!

I used to have everything MK. All the sales associates at every MK from san diego to Vegas knew me by name. However, that being said, i do not purchase mk anymore because i believe the quality is unsatisfactory. I treat my bags like babies, i am very careful. Somehow, the leather seemed to stretch out(i did not even stuff it half full), the hardware would scratch very easily, etc. While i do not purchase anymore, i do occasionally carry my favorite mk bags that i still own such as the Hamilton Tote & a satchel from the Michael kors collection. Anyway, a few days ago i purchased leather cleaner from MK as a cheaper alternative because my Prada wallet was dirty. The cleaner worked amazingly & i did not have to go to an overpriced purse cleaner as a prada SA suggested.

Reactions: AnnaD