Please identify this Gucci

Found this vintage Gucci second hand. Does anyone know what it's called?
View attachment 5814602

It didn't have a name then but its an ancestor to the modern 'Padlock' (so named 2015).

There have been variations since the at least the 1950s. There are permutations of this bag 1950s, 1960s, 1980s, 1990s, 2010s (when is was named the Padlock)

Yours is most likely from the early 1960s - and is lizard which needs looking after.

It didn't have a name then but its an ancestor to the modern 'Padlock' (so named 2015).

There have been variations since the at least the 1950s. There are permutations of this bag 1950s, 1960s, 1980s, 1990s, 2010s (when is was named the Padlock)

Yours is most likely from the early 1960s - and is lizard which needs looking after.
Thank you!
It has no serial number inside apart from "34". I'm curious to know how much it might be worth and also how to clean it. I'm clueless and don't know a n y t h i n g about Gucci.

20230703_173227.jpg

I was told that this strap also was sold separately in boutiques ? Can any one confirm?

It was probably a second strap to a recent bag that had interchangeable straps (like some of the newer mini high-end Jackie 1961s, BTHs or Dianas) although most have interlocking GG at stations.

This was not sold separately. The owner obviously didn't want the chain variation. I'd say very recent (only the last couple of years).

My best guess was from the embroidered satin/python trim Ophidia clutches that were for sale SS22 but I checked, and the scan is more rope like.

Thank you!
It has no serial number inside apart from "34". I'm curious to know how much it might be worth and also how to clean it. I'm clueless and don't know a n y t h i n g about Gucci.

View attachment 5814638

That's the maker's number.

Don't clean it unless you're an expert. Lizard is one of the most difficult. Just keep dust away and not to humid or dry

Reactions: plastic-fish
Hello. I’m excited to find this forum. During COVID, I started researching lux designer purses. I love top handle bags. Can you please help me identify these two bags? I love learning about the history - name, approx age, year made, etc. I’ll post the bags separately. Your comments are appreciated. This first bag is navy. The handle/exterior body has some cracks. I would love to be able to repair. Any recommendations? IMG_1493.jpegIMG_1494.jpegIMG_1495.jpegIMG_1496.jpegIMG_1499.jpeg

Please not this is not an authenticity request thread.
Please find a paid-for service whilst we have NO Authenticate This Gucci at present
It's a Gucci Borse! See link below to an Italian seller!

This is amazing! Thanks so much and for the link too. Now that I have a name, I can keep researching.

Hi! I got this bag a number of years ago at a thrift store but it quickly got lost in my stuff. Just rediscovered it and am now wondering when it was made. I did a Google lens search and I'm guessing it's a Jackie bag? It's not a hobo is it since it has a flap? I'm not super knowledgeable on bag styles tbh. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!20230803_094231.jpg