Please help me buy 1st pair of 1 carat diamond earrings

I asked a rep about visible inclusions and I was told vs2 diamonds have none. Was I misinformed? Now Im questioning if I should go with the bezel set like I had planned. You have been a great help. Thanks!

I asked a rep about visible inclusions and I was told vs2 diamonds have none. Was I misinformed? Now Im questioning if I should go with the bezel set like I had planned. You have been a great help. Thanks!

I think they should have none that you can see without a 30x loupe. I have a pretty big VS2 and I can't see anything with my eyes, and BARELY see light light little clear feather spots with my 30x loupe, so I wouldn't worry! I think with earrings colour and light return/sparkle are more important - no one including you will notice on your ears! And it's a good way to save a bit of $$.

Mine are sig. ideals from Blue Nile in G/VS2 and they are gorgeous!! I think you'll be really happy!

I think they should have none that you can see without a 30x loupe. I have a pretty big VS2 and I can't see anything with my eyes, and BARELY see light light little clear feather spots with my 30x loupe, so I wouldn't worry! I think with earrings colour and light return/sparkle are more important - no one including you will notice on your ears! And it's a good way to save a bit of $$.

Mine are sig. ideals from Blue Nile in G/VS2 and they are gorgeous!! I think you'll be really happy!

What type of setting did you get? Do you think bezel will detract from the quality of the diamonds or will they enhance?

Yes that is misinformed, unfortunately. It's rare, but some VS2's can have eye visible inclusions, esp now that GIA changed how they grade black crystals. Frankly my opinion is if it's black or eye visible it's automatically SI2 but they don't agree apparently. It's based on size and location, but I have seen a few VS2s in recent months that had small black ones right in the dead center of the stone. They weren't super easy to see to the others I was with, but I found them immediately. If it's visible without a loupe, at all, ever, under any lighting, angle or distance, it's NOT eye clean.

You can definitely go with bezel set, that wont affect anything. Inclusions are graded from the top down at 10x. Like I said, it's rare, but it happens. The benefit of Blue Nile is that if you don't like them when you get them, you return and pick new stones.

Diamonds are not graded at 30x, only at 10x. The only time a higher power is brought in to grading is when you're in the IF/VVS range and you need to plot things. IF would have external blemishes but no inclusions, VVS would have practically microscopic inclusions at 10x but to plot it's easier to use higher mag. A VS2 should contain inclusions that are very small at 10x and or a less than favorable type of inclusion/location. They'd be found easily by a trained grader at 10x. But eye clean would be naked eye, not with a loupe.