Please authenticate Celine classic box bag ?

I do know that older bags do have the date code on a tab, but there shouldn't be periods there. The stamp bothers me a lot since not only is the font and alignment incorrect, it doesn't appear to be crisp. Also, the 'Made in Italy' stamp doesn't have the correct 'a' character. I'd say this is fake.

I absolutely agree with you . I believe the ONLY way , other than finding someone VERY versed in vintage Celine , would be to send our bags to Celine Paris . Until that happens I am keeping my girl safe :smile: I hope you get some answers here

I do know that older bags do have the date code on a tab, but there shouldn't be periods there. The stamp bothers me a lot since not only is the font and alignment incorrect, it doesn't appear to be crisp. Also, the 'Made in Italy' stamp doesn't have the correct 'a' character. I'd say this is fake.
I absolutely agree with you . I believe the ONLY way , other than finding someone VERY versed in vintage Celine , would be to send our bags to Celine Paris . Until that happens I am keeping my girl safe :smile: I hope you get some answers here
Thank you Silenla and Lanaseattle for your opinions!
I am doubting the authenticity of the bag at this point :sad: It is sad as I am really hoping to keep the bag. I have plans to send it to Celine to change the clasp as another alternative way to verify the authenticity. But I am worried about the possible downstream consequences if the bag is deemed non-authentic by Celine :sad:

Thank you Silenla and Lanaseattle for your opinions!
I am doubting the authenticity of the bag at this point :sad: It is sad as I am really hoping to keep the bag. I have plans to send it to Celine to change the clasp as another alternative way to verify the authenticity. But I am worried about the possible downstream consequences if the bag is deemed non-authentic by Celine :sad:
I sure hope that it is authentic . I have HD mixed opinions on my bag as well . I’m yet to meet someone with a lot of actual vintage Celine classic bag experience ... so you never know .. we may have ourselves a couple of unicorns :smile:
Keep us posted ?
Lana

can you shine some light on the zipper head? while it doesn't have a number imprint, I see a faint outline of letter "Y" maybe. yeah the Made in Italy font sizing looks off as well.

can you shine some light on the zipper head? while it doesn't have a number imprint, I see a faint outline of letter "Y" maybe. yeah the Made in Italy font sizing looks off as well.
Curious .. is it possible that the font on “made in Italy” and the zipper front were different when these were first made ?
:smile:
Lana

Curious .. is it possible that the font on “made in Italy” and the zipper front were different when these were first made ?
:smile:
Lana
it's always possible but rarely, physical attributes are not easy to upgrade on the manufacturing side since a lot of work and costs go into changing them. also the same reason why counterfeiters can't seem to get them right. Celine had never ever used zipper head #5 so anytime you see a listing with that number, it's an automatic fake.

Hi jmc3007,
I have retaken the picture of the zipper head and this is the best shot I can get. I can confirm there are no digits it :sad:
A2332622-8297-4D59-B48B-3F411EECAE56.jpeg

I sure hope that it is authentic . I have HD mixed opinions on my bag as well . I’m yet to meet someone with a lot of actual vintage Celine classic bag experience ... so you never know .. we may have ourselves a couple of unicorns :smile:
Keep us posted ?
Lana
Hi Lana,
Will keep you posted! :smile: I have also requested a return and refund from Vestiaire and I am awaiting their decision.

pretty certain that's not a Celine zipper head, when it's blank, the front is slightly rounded and there's no seam in the middle. I would say this is Box is not genuine, there's no just one single thing, but collectively this is what the markers indicate. the Box should have #1 zipper.

PastedGraphic-5.png

These are pictures posted in 2011

Thanks so much for the reference!

Hi all,
Just want to keep everybody updated with the status of the Celine bag I purchased from Vestiaire. I have sent the bag back to Vestiaire and received a refund for it. Till today, I have no idea about the authenticity (I am not discounting the possibility it may be an authentic piece). But since I am not comfortable with the bag, I think the best solution is to return it :smile:

To Lana,
I just saw Rebag (think it is a pretty reputable online platform that sells preloved luxury bags) posted a Celine Classic Box bag with the same features as your bag :smile: There is another seller on Vestiaire that is selling the Classic Box with the same features too, and she labeled the bag as vintage. Probably you have gotten yourself a Classic gem :drinks: