Petit Palais Review

I’ve owned mine since the beginning of September, but I haven’t carried it yet so unfortunately I’m not able to give a review. But I did buy an organizer for it, it’s made for the Graceful PM but it fits the Petit Palais perfectly. View attachment 5229605View attachment 5229607
That's a gorgeous bag. Thanks for sharing. It definitely would be on my Wishlist for my next few bags.

Can the bag fit a small iPad or laptop. How are the corners wear n tear ? Thanks

How do you wear your Petit Palais crossbody? There is the option to place the handle inside the side pocket but then the weight of the bag is on one side of the ring only and stretches the leather tab. I’m afraid it might get damaged.
If I leave the handle outside it rubs against the backside of the bag and might cause dents or leather rubs off. I had that with my Rivoli where the handle rubbed a bit off. Or shall I leave the handle upright?
Would be great to hear how you wear it :smile:View attachment 5731322View attachment 5731323View attachment 5731324View attachment 5731325
Wonder if twillies on the handles may help to prevent friction?

Reactions: Melli12
Thanks so much for the detailed review. Wonder how much can this bag fit like wat would b the items that it can carry before the shorter side of the zipper pull start to open up or even the sides showing a bulge?
Hi! I can share my experience with my Petit Palais in black empreinte.
I had a trip planned, 7 days in a country where it rained heavily and continuously so I wanted to take only one bag that I could wear both in the morning and in the evening, to any event, that could stand heavy rain and that would not be too flashy yet look "designer".

So, my Petit Palais was used heavily and without babying (too much) from day to night. All of the time. It got really very wet but I could dry it quickly, I see that the leather did not suffer.
It doesn't have feet but the bottom is pretty much ok, very tiny wear considering the intense use. I mean, 7 days with me is like a year wear for others because even though I take care of it, I really do push it to the limits.

I have pros and cons if you are still interested.

Here are my pros:
- easy to wear from day to night, casual to dressed up
- leather seems to not suffer from heavy rain and it got very wet
- I can carry a little umbrella, essentials, including a tiny snack or a mini bottle of water but see the con related to the structure
- great that we can hide the handles if we just want to wear it crossbody
- big pro to be able to wear it crossbody
- the side pockets are amazing to carry the mask and pop it out easily and quickly and it doesn't touch anything else in the bag
- I personally like that it doesn't have too much going on, still the big logo but the design is simple (vs for example the Coussin), I hope you see what I mean

Cons:
- the crossbody wear since it's diagonal it's annoying, the bag tilts
- the zipper is probably one of the worst designs I have even seen:
the longer pull on one side only looks silly, and the shorter side just doesn't close properly because as soon as you wear it, it starts to open a bit (the zipper pull doesn't stay put) so it's like it's never properly shut, very extremely annoying, as soon as you carry or move the bag or want to reach something in the side open pockets, it might open slightly
- there is a design flaw in the structure imho, the side with the shorter zip just keeps popping out on the side, giving the bag an unaligned structure (one side stays put, the other just pops out), you can solve this issue if you don't fill the bag too much but even with a moderate filling it can happen. When I don't use it I make sure the zip is closed and I pop that side inside as soon as I see it popped out ... this is what really bothers me about this bag, its pretty design is somehow suddenly not anymore...
- missing feet

I hope this helps someone!!

View attachment 5277817

View attachment 5277818

View attachment 5277819

View attachment 5277820

View attachment 5277821

View attachment 5277824

View attachment 5277826

I really like the look of this bag but i’m still undecided about the really long zipper. I think the zipper looks better on the Grand Palais but that bag is too big so I’m definitely more drawn to this size.

My mom has the petit Palais in tourterelle empreinte, and it’s her most carried bag! I’ve borrowed it a few times as well and I love it too. Imo it can hold everything you need to get around in the day and is small enough that it can also be carried in the evening. No colour transfer so far, even though it’s carried few times a week (including with denim, though to be fair it’s usually taken as forearm carry). I’ve never noticed any of the issues like with the zipper; and I’ve never taken the bag crossbody either, so can’t comment on those. But it’s a beautiful bag and the bicolour empreinte is stunning.

Reactions: Melli12 and Summer3
My mom has the petit Palais in tourterelle empreinte, and it’s her most carried bag! I’ve borrowed it a few times as well and I love it too. Imo it can hold everything you need to get around in the day and is small enough that it can also be carried in the evening. No colour transfer so far, even though it’s carried few times a week (including with denim, though to be fair it’s usually taken as forearm carry). I’ve never noticed any of the issues like with the zipper; and I’ve never taken the bag crossbody either, so can’t comment on those. But it’s a beautiful bag and the bicolour empreinte is stunning.
Great to hear you like the bag! I feel like its the perfect size for an everyday bag and is pretty versatile.

I really like the look of this bag but i’m still undecided about the really long zipper. I think the zipper looks better on the Grand Palais but that bag is too big so I’m definitely more drawn to this size.
I also have the bicolor empreinte Petit Palais and love it so much. The size is perfect and I wear her crossbody most of the time. It fits everything I need and I appreciate that it’s with the top zipper which allows easy and wide opening of the bag.
I am not sure about potential color transfer and wear it only with light colors when I wear it crossbody.

Reactions: Summer3
I had a trip planned, 7 days in a country where it rained heavily and continuously so I wanted to take only one bag that I could wear both in the morning and in the evening, to any event, that could stand heavy rain and that would not be too flashy yet look "designer".

So, my Petit Palais was used heavily and without babying (too much) from day to night. All of the time. It got really very wet but I could dry it quickly, I see that the leather did not suffer.
It doesn't have feet but the bottom is pretty much ok, very tiny wear considering the intense use. I mean, 7 days with me is like a year wear for others because even though I take care of it, I really do push it to the limits.

Here are my pros:
- I can carry a little umbrella, essentials, including a tiny snack or a mini bottle of water but see the con related to the structure
- the side pockets are amazing to carry the mask and pop it out easily and quickly and it doesn't touch anything else in the bag
- I personally like that it doesn't have too much going on, still the big logo but the design is simple (vs for example the Coussin), I hope you see what I mean

Cons:
the longer pull on one side only looks silly, and the shorter side just doesn't close properly because as soon as you wear it, it starts to open a bit (the zipper pull doesn't stay put) so it's like it's never properly shut, very extremely annoying, as soon as you carry or move the bag or want to reach something in the side open pockets, it might open slightly
- there is a design flaw in the structure imho, the side with the shorter zip just keeps popping out on the side, giving the bag an unaligned structure (one side stays put, the other just pops out), you can solve this issue if you don't fill the bag too much but even with a moderate filling it can happen. When I don't use it I make sure the zip is closed and I pop that side inside as soon as I see it popped out ... this is what really bothers me about this bag, its pretty design is somehow suddenly not anymore...
- missing feet

View attachment 5277817

View attachment 5277818

View attachment 5277819

View attachment 5277820

View attachment 5277821

View attachment 5277824

View attachment 5277826
thank you for the review.. been debating internally mentally over buying it but this review is decisive.. 🩶💙

Here are my pros:

Cons:
- missing feet

View attachment 5277817

View attachment 5277818

View attachment 5277819

View attachment 5277820

View attachment 5277821

View attachment 5277824

View attachment 5277826
My experience is absolutely the same with this bag. I managed to change my because of this flaw, but it wasn't easy to find the well made one in the store. I tried several bags and they were all like this one in the picture. My SA confirmed it's an issue with this model.

My experience is absolutely the same with this bag. I managed to change my because of this flaw, but it wasn't easy to find the well made one in the store. I tried several bags and they were all like this one in the picture. My SA confirmed it's an issue with this model.
I heard about this flaw but mine isn’t like this. Maybe I was lucky to get a good one and I enjoy wearing it a lot. Perfect size and love the look of it.