Paris shopping - 1 birkin per passport?!

May I know if the "1 Birkin 1 passport policy" means the passport and the credit card must bear the same name? Since I'm hoping to get 2 Birkins at FSH but the funding will be from DH (i.e. using his credit card)....

TIA! :smile:

hi hi :smile:

When I was at FSH this Sept. yes.. they told me that the passport holder and the credit card holder must bear the same name.. Although they didnt have 2 birkins for me to buy or choose from... but I guess if one's a VVIP.. then they have exceptions~

:nuts:
May I know if the "1 Birkin 1 passport policy" means the passport and the credit card must bear the same name? Since I'm hoping to get 2 Birkins at FSH but the funding will be from DH (i.e. using his credit card)....

If you are not doing the tax refund, does it mean i can get 2 birkins at the same time? Is the Hermes computer system interlink in the whole Europe or only between the stores in Paris?

I don't think the third location still exists. The only locations that are shown on the H website is FSH, George V and at the airport.

I just got back from a quick Paris trip, and there are currently three stores in Paris, not including the airport. There are George V and FSH, and a third boutique on the Left Bank. This was actually a cute place with extremely friendly staff, many of whom had just started working for Hermes. Charming artsy decor.

As far as bags go, there were a number of bags like Evelyne and picotin. I was told that store would not be carrying birkins or kellys at all.

However, this store will phase out when a new, larger, permanent (I believe) store will open by the rue Raspail in the 6th.

So--for birkins it is still George V and FSH.

I would comment that as usual with hermes, these are just their 'rules'.... & rules can be bent.

i was told the same rule on 1st day at FSH, but when the cashier was ringing up my 2nd birkin, she had difficulty with my CC + my SA saw that i was on the phone forever waiting to speak to my bank (overseas call), he told me that he will just use DH's card (DH had already paid for 1st birkin the day before). & afterwards, this 'rule' never popped up again.

I have read that hermes enforces this rule to new customers as a preventive measure against resellers.

I would comment that as usual with hermes, these are just their 'rules'.... & rules can be bent.

i was told the same rule on 1st day at FSH, but when the cashier was ringing up my 2nd birkin, she had difficulty with my CC + my SA saw that i was on the phone forever waiting to speak to my bank (overseas call), he told me that he will just use DH's card (DH had already paid for 1st birkin the day before). & afterwards, this 'rule' never popped up again.

I have read that hermes enforces this rule to new customers as a preventive measure against resellers.

Ok, what about If I purchased a birkin in FSH, then placed a podium order. Would they allow that If not, could I put down my friend;s name who's travelling with me for the podium order, but when they call to say the bag's ready, give them my credit card to pay for it?

Which works? TIA