Outfits with Leggings and oversize Blazers: what do you think?

Thank you!
I am weak on the accessoires / jewellery side, so the earring idea is great! The Leggings are grey yoga pants, so I think a thick leggings would be good.
The boots are not my favorites, but since I almost haven't worn them I will try to wear them and if the concept is right, I would invest in better boots.
@papertiger and @A1aGypsy what do you mean by 'undone'?

Thicker leggings in black would be great, good to assign the boots you have already.

You look very smart and neat. No problem with it, but this is how minimalists dressed 20 years ago in Lang and Yohji. They tied their hair in a slicked-back pony tail and wore red lips.

Have a look at the style of Patti Smith ('70s singer ) Ann Demeulemeester (fashion designer) and Charlotte Gainsbourg (French actress/singer/icon now and forever). Basically, hair messy, jacket undone, more relaxed 'T' or fine gage sweater. There again let your own style come through and shop from your own closet.

Last edited:
So I tried the look with my old knee-high boots, yoga pants turtle neck and massimo dutti blazer. I think the blazer is too short.

It looks very nice on you! I wore this silhouette in the early 1990s too (I had a pair of gucci stirrup pants that I lived in). (I do remember Lang, Yamamoto, comme de Garçons, doing thr legging and the long jacket). My mom never really gave up this look and I think, as she is petite and slender, IMO it shortened her leg. Leggings are slowly coming back, but in the last few years, I switched to a higher waisted trousers as more flattering on my body type (longer torso, bigger waist, short). :smile:
if you are more daring, perhaps a Bralet or Long line bra under an open single breasted jacket might create a longer legged look.

You don’t need a long jacket to wear with leggings BTW. It’s personal preference. And I’m not sure how much longer you can take a classic jacket without it being Car length pea coat. . .

I know this was directed at @papertiger, but to modernize the look, undone would mean more relaxed like a rocker t shirt untucked, bottom hem visible under the jacket bottom. loose hairstyle, maybe a moto embellishment on a jacket or boot. . . Or a button down shirt, untucked, hem visible under a knit vest or jacket, skinny jeans, boots. . . Instead of a blazer, you could do a bomber, pea coat, moto jacket, short trench or safari jacket.
the fabric of thr legging can also be varied; I wear either a black camo leggings from athleta or a pleather midnight blue leggings from Wolford.

Last edited:
So I tried the look with my old knee-high boots, yoga pants turtle neck and massimo dutti blazer. I think the blazer is too short.
Or the leggings is not thick enough to cover the bum area so that it's less overt maybe? That's why I prefer not to wear leggings, unless they're the old school 100% Danskin cotton ones. The base outfit looks good, and so do you in it.

I dont think the long/oversized top + leggings + tall boots is a contemporary look. I like the oversized blazer trend. I would go in a different direction with it though. Like a pair of high waisted jeans and a strappy heel or pumps.

Last edited:
Reactions: poulinska
I think you look great and have a fab body silhouette. I always cover the crotch/butt with leggings. If I want to show my round butt :P I pick skinny black jeans with high waist.
basically on this outfit I would pick a more oversize blazer for a more « now » look, style minimalist.
But yours is a classic-classic and not wrong otherwise.
inject some of your personal style in it, the undone is very Charlotte Gainsbourg and TBH she hasn’t changed anything for the past 25 years. Same as her mother. But maybe that isn’t you.

I dont think the long/oversized top + leggings + tall boots is a contemporary look. I like the oversized blazer trend. I would go in a different direction with it though. Like a pair of high waisted jeans and a strappy heel or pumps.
I quite like the look of leggings + oversize men´s shirt with bold but simple jewelry.
Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 09.19.01.png
Just an example of the current trendy look. Masculine oversize items to contrast with leggings.

I like this better than the first picture as the turtle neck is a bit more beatnik than the blouse.

I agree with others who say it needs an accessory. Statement Necklace or earrings would give it a bit more personality. Or a scarf. The blouse version definitely needs a necklace as plain gold hoops are too plain.

or if you want to stay all black… my personal favourite would be a black hat. Do you like berets or fedoras?

Reactions: poulinska
what are your favorite Leggings?
I honestly just tend to wear ASOS, h &M and marks and Spencer ones.

Muji are nice as well.

I don’t know whether it’s just me but I find the conventional cotton stretch ones tend to lose a bit of shape after a year regardless of how much they are.

I think if they were more like jodhpurs they might last longer but they can make you a bit hot.

Reactions: papertiger
I honestly just tend to wear ASOS, h &M and marks and Spencer ones.

Muji are nice as well.

I don’t know whether it’s just me but I find the conventional cotton stretch ones tend to lose a bit of shape after a year regardless of how much they are.

I think if they were more like jodhpurs they might last longer but they can make you a bit hot.

:lol: I'm laughing because I went to a Gucci evening event in jods (but leather biker jacket) a couple of weeks ago and I was melting. I was on-theme (Aria collection) but dying.

I need 'proper' leggings/jods for Winter days though, a skirt, shorts or jumper-dress (something over the lumber region) for the opposite reason, most leggings are basically just opaque footless tights.

M&S ones are good. The ones for teens (under kids) have no added VAT ;) .