Open heart 16 mm or DBTY 0.17ct necklace?

Akimoto,
I'm going home tomorrow.
I won't buy this necklace. Hope our local store will have more in stock or I'll travel to Europe again till the end of this year.
I'm a little bit sad as neckalce should be my birthday present, but if it's overpriced I can wait

It's not that the D is overpriced per se, it's that it's Tiffany's, so you'll always be paying more than a D VS1 elsewhere.

Like @akimoto , I think the color is an overkill for a stone that size. You will never see the difference between .18ct D or F, and most likely won't even see it between a D and G. But if a high color is symbolic for you, then I understand.

I think Tiffany's makes the nicest bezel I've ever seen, and if it didn't poke me so much, would have a few myself.

Good luck and keep us updated.

If you are going to pick YG or RG, color is irrelevant because any colorless stone will hv yellow hue due to the gold reflection, and clarity is irrelevant for tiny stone even up to 0.5ct. Therefore I would go for the biggest stone with the lowest color (H / I) and lower clarity ( VS2/SI 1). It is the sparkles that count so it has to be 3Ex (I think Tif only sells 3Ex).

I bought a 0.33 I SI1 DBTY in RD for ard USD2.2k in July this year.
View attachment 3832130
The heart one is Cartier in 0.14ct but just slightly cheaper than the DBTY but better color n clarity.