One more diamond stud earring question! (and visit to Tiffany's!)

Here's my opinion since I just went through this process this summer. I originally purchased 1.2cttw Kwiat earrings at the Nordstrom sale. I had debated between them and the 1.5cttw for some time. I got the 1.2's home and I just had this feeling that I should have spent the additional money to to get the 1.5's. I took the 1.2's back, purchased the 1.5's and felt they were worth every penny for the size difference. I noticed a HUGE difference in my ears.

I would suggest that you go somewhere that will let you try on a 1.2 and a 1.4. You will know after seeing them in your ears I think.

Congratulations...I wear mine every day!

Oh no... and I'd almost made up my mind to get the smaller ones! :P

My ideal tcw for studs would be 1.75. I went from 1.02 to 1.3 a year or so ago and I could see a huge difference. However, not a single person commented, so no one else noticed? Or maybe it was weird to say "your studs look bigger today."

Ha ha! Yeah... that would be a bit odd! I have one friend who would probably notice actually!

Hmmmmmmmmmm... Not sure I'm any closer to deciding now!!

Any jewelry store around where you could try on a 1.2/1.4 TCW? That way you'd have a better idea how they look and any significent difference. Have you thought of a style...martini or basket?

If it were a smaller amount of money, like $500, I would say go for it, but $1700.... that could be a whole other piece of jewelry, a great bag, half a vaca.... I say no.

IMHO, 1.2cttw and 1.4cttw isn't worth the additional $1700. You're talking about the difference between a 60pointer and 70pointer on each ear, which isn't very visible. If you could drop a colour to H and get above 1.5cttw, then it'll be worth the additional $$$. And don't speak too soon about it being your only pair. In 10 years you might want a bigger pair! I know because I went through that!