OMG OMG My new framed scarves!

I love what you did with your scarves!

May I ask how the scarf was placed onto the matting so it could be held in place? Was the scarf glued down, and if so, with what type of glue was used, and where on the back of the scarf was the glue used? If it wasn't glued down, what was used to keep the scarf in place permanently? I would love to know, so I can take a different colorway of Animapolis to be framed, or for that matter, any other Hermes scarf. It was a wonderful idea to frame the scarves as you did. They are works of art that should be appreciated in every way possible.

May I ask how the scarf was placed onto the matting so it could be held in place? Was the scarf glued down, and if so, with what type of glue was used, and where on the back of the scarf was the glue used? If it wasn't glued down, what was used to keep the scarf in place permanently? I would love to know, so I can take a different colorway of Animapolis to be framed, or for that matter, any other Hermes scarf. It was a wonderful idea to frame the scarves as you did. They are works of art that should be appreciated in every way possible.

No glue! My #1 criteria was choosing a Master Certified Framer who could handle something delicate with minimal damage to the scarves. There are some small tiny stitches holding it to the matting and there is museum glass used. Not sure what other magic is involved. I would do this with many more scarves but it is really expensive. Lol - Full disclosure - I didn’t shop around because I have used this framer before and been thrilled with the results but it cost about $1900 to have both these done. Now with three awesome framed scarves (I also have a C’est la Fete) I think my decor is set for a long time.

No glue! My #1 criteria was choosing a Master Certified Framer who could handle something delicate with minimal damage to the scarves. There are some small tiny stitches holding it to the matting and there is museum glass used. Not sure what other magic is involved. I would do this with many more scarves but it is really expensive. Lol - Full disclosure - I didn’t shop around because I have used this framer before and been thrilled with the results but it cost about $1900 to have both these done. Now with three awesome framed scarves (I also have a C’est la Fete) I think my decor is set for a long time.
Thank you so much for the information. I recently had some framing work done on two older artworks I had, but which had slight damage to their frames from storage and handling. I agree that framing is way more expensive than one would want it to be, but it is so worth it when you see the final results hanging on your walls. For something of this particular medium - silk - I think I will need to find a Master Certified Framer, which I had no idea existed until your post.

Would love to see the c'est too!!:flowers:

Wonderful choice!!! If I didn’t frame Le Grand Prix, I would frame the animapolis too. Or...maybe I should after seeing yours!! Great result.

I also had scarves stitched directly to the mat. I included photos as references. Depending on if you are picking anti reflective acrylic or not, the price reflects that. Mine ended up around around 500$ per piece.

Attachments

• 50BD8CFA-669B-43F4-AEE8-29E4421CA567.jpeg
    50BD8CFA-669B-43F4-AEE8-29E4421CA567.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 962247B4-E66F-4A49-92B8-68100D817512.jpeg
    962247B4-E66F-4A49-92B8-68100D817512.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 212
  • C4111732-3A38-47BC-A1DE-2F64073ED2FD.jpeg
    C4111732-3A38-47BC-A1DE-2F64073ED2FD.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 216
  • A2E10645-E6C8-416C-A945-F3A3A7EE0D23.jpeg
    A2E10645-E6C8-416C-A945-F3A3A7EE0D23.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 212
I love Hermes scarves framed. Their scarves are works of art and if like me, you adore the fantastic designs, framing can be the best way of enjoying the fantastic details to their fullest extent. I have a vintage Beloved India scarf that I recently had framed and much like the lovely framed scarves shown here it was an expensive undertaking with the scarf being hand stitched to a mount prior to framing. I just purchased a vibrant Animapolis with which I plan to do the same. I love all the scarves posted here.