Ode to the Roulis

Hello everyone! I recently became insterested in non b/k bags and stumbled across this thread.

Does any tpf-er also own a verrou or Constance that can compare them to the roulis? I feel the c is much more mainstream while people buy roulis after developing an appreciation for H. Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts in terms of styling and practicality! TIA

I have 2 constance mini, 1 regular roulis and recently got a mini roulis. The minis are exactly the same size. I know some say that roulis is supposed to be 19 and constance 18, but maybe because they're hand made or that 18 and 19 is a myth, in any case, all my minis are pretty much the same size. The biggest difference in size / capacity other than the closure is that the 2 compartments of roulis are equally divided while the constance is not. The back compartment is bigger than the front one. That could make a difference on how (much) / what you can carry in them. Personally I don't find mini constance not practical at all. Meaning, they fit a lot! With my minis I was able to put 1 powerbank (7000mA so it's not small), 1 iphone, 1 calvi, 1 bastia, 1 kleenex, 1 lip balm in my minis. Both my non exotic minis are made of butler leather so they're soft and perhaps more flexible.

Roulis is good because it has an outside pocket on the back so you don't have to open your bag in order to get your parking ticket, for example.

I don't own a regular constance but I've tried it on. Although they're 2 somewhat similar bags, I find the "square shape" of the regular size roulis stands out more than the constance perhaps due to the stitching. The edges feel more "round" and the leather around the stitches is also more plump on constance compared to the roulis so it reduces the square shape a tiny bit and to me that makes roulis looks a tad more artsy between the two. If that makes sense. You don't really feel it on the minis as much. I like both and am still planning to add a regular constance to my collection if one with the right specs finds its way to me.

HTH

May I ask if anyone owns mini Roulis in rouge tomate? Is it more red undertone or orange? Anyone can share the pic and if it’s a good color to match with most colors of the outfits? Thanks

Purchased Rouge Tomate Mini Roulis with phw from H.com as I've yet to come across one in stores. It's a nice size and great capacity for its size. Sadly, I won't be keeping it as the color in real life isn't what I was looking for. Took a few shots while trying the bag on but it's now boxed and ready to be picked up for return!

1467051795586_zpseoaa1w17.jpg

1467052381644_zpsnijccsfu.jpg

Shoulder strap side shot
1467051974741_zpsuqs9slio.jpg

Shoulder strap side front shot
1467051893441_zpsduxmjzbh.jpg

Crossbody strap angled shot
1467052108477_zpstpku2jas.jpg

Crossbody strap eye-level shot
1467052282283_zpsgdkwojzx.jpg

For reference, I'm 5'8" and wear size US 0/XS, UK6/8

May I ask if anyone owns mini Roulis in rouge tomate? Is it more red undertone or orange? Anyone can share the pic and if it’s a good color to match with most colors of the outfits? Thanks

Thought this would help, kumimomo. Check this thread at pages 19-20 for more details.