Ode to Silver

Well, only about four years behind schedule, I've added a necklace from the Licol collection.

I cherish the pair of Licol earrings I bought years ago when they first came out, and remember trying on this big necklace in the boutique at the same time. I couldn't justify buying it new back then, but have had it in the back of my mind ever since. When one came up for sale on eBay recently, I pounced. I love the waterfall of seven chains, which swish and shimmer when worn. It's a very lightweight piece too, although I can't say the same for its box, which is almost the full length of my checked suitcase.

Thanks for letting me share! :smile:

IMG_5112.JPG

Well, only about four years behind schedule, I've added a necklace from the Licol collection.

I cherish the pair of Licol earrings I bought years ago when they first came out, and remember trying on this big necklace in the boutique at the same time. I couldn't justify buying it new back then, but have had it in the back of my mind ever since. When one came up for sale on eBay recently, I pounced. I love the waterfall of seven chains, which swish and shimmer when worn. It's a very lightweight piece too, although I can't say the same for its box, which is almost the full length of my checked suitcase.

Thanks for letting me share! :smile:

View attachment 3916139
You got the best of the Licol collection IMO. That's the necklace that can do a more pronounced dip at the center front, when the chains are draped more and the tassel is made shorter? That's the way I tried on your necklace when it first came out. It's a very dramatic piece. Possibly too dramatic to wear to work. Possible too dramatic for me. It was at the NM Boutique, some time ago. It was stunning. Stunning. Major congrats to you. Wear it in good health.

Have you tried on the other necklace in the Licol collection: a long chain that has a pear-shaped loop (with a comparatively short tassel) at the bottom (center front)? That's much less dramatic.

I would like to get that one but I haven't even seen it in person. It was supposed to be transferred to my store but there evidently was some "defect" it had (probably it was on hold) so it didn't make it and I got a silver CDC instead. Which I love. But I would really like to see that Licol necklace.

Thanks for the kind compliments, Eagle! Yes, this particular version of the Licol can be worn as you describe. I tested it out that way too, and like the effect very much, although I haven’t tried walking around in it and wonder if the “dip” would stay in place or eventually slither through the loop during wear. I’ll try that out soon— it’s a great option to have for certain necklines.

I have tried on the pendant you describe and absolutely love that one too. I wouldn’t put owning both one day out of the question! I agree with you that it’s much less dramatic, but definitely no less striking. It would be much easier to style casually or for work. Did you know it’s available online right now if you’re in the U.S.? In fact, the whole Licol collection seems to be online, rather surprisingly. I’d have thought the earrings and ring from that collection would be long gone. https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/licol-hermes-pendant-very-large-model-H114300Bv00/ If you decide to try it out, please do post photos! It’s dreamy.

You got the best of the Licol collection IMO. That's the necklace that can do a more pronounced dip at the center front, when the chains are draped more and the tassel is made shorter? That's the way I tried on your necklace when it first came out. It's a very dramatic piece. Possibly too dramatic to wear to work. Possible too dramatic for me. It was at the NM Boutique, some time ago. It was stunning. Stunning. Major congrats to you. Wear it in good health.

Have you tried on the other necklace in the Licol collection: a long chain that has a pear-shaped loop (with a comparatively short tassel) at the bottom (center front)? That's much less dramatic.

I would like to get that one but I haven't even seen it in person. It was supposed to be transferred to my store but there evidently was some "defect" it had (probably it was on hold) so it didn't make it and I got a silver CDC instead. Which I love. But I would really like to see that Licol necklace.

Thanks for the kind compliments, Eagle! Yes, this particular version of the Licol can be worn as you describe. I tested it out that way too, and like the effect very much, although I haven’t tried walking around in it and wonder if the “dip” would stay in place or eventually slither through the loop during wear. I’ll try that out soon— it’s a great option to have for certain necklines.

I have tried on the pendant you describe and absolutely love that one too. I wouldn’t put owning both one day out of the question! I agree with you that it’s much less dramatic, but definitely no less striking. It would be much easier to style casually or for work. Did you know it’s available online right now if you’re in the U.S.? In fact, the whole Licol collection seems to be online, rather surprisingly. I’d have thought the earrings and ring from that collection would be long gone. https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/licol-hermes-pendant-very-large-model-H114300Bv00/ If you decide to try it out, please do post photos! It’s dreamy.
Thank you for this update calexandre, I didn't realize it was on-line. Do you remember about how long the pear-shaped pendant itself was (not including the tassel drop)? A couple of inches? It would seem that if the pendant was 1.5 - 2 inches and the drop was 3 inches, the whole thing would be on the order of 4.5 to 5 inches of impact. Which is nice and would be, as you say, dramatic.

I am more a bracelet or ring person since I rely on the scarves to make a neckline statement.. But I'm glad the pendant has been getting more exposure, starting with on-line. The stores I visited were sizable, by no means cubbyholes, yet they didn't carry the necklace. So, maybe more stores will get it. I like to try things on rather casually, with a "oh, isn't this nice" attitude even if I'm dying inside to get the darn thing. B/c I can be an easy sell with anything H. :smile: And I'm glad you liked it, too.