Scarves Ode to Parures de Samouraïs

There's something in the Samurai drawer for every taste and colouring .
I couldn't say that the colour I chose is more beautiful , it just happens to be my taste and I still appreciate how lovely the others are.

Reactions: HoneyLocks
As this fabulous Aline Honoré design finally slips into the boutiques it is becoming quite a hit for s/s 2017. To help everyone trying to sort out colorways and names, I put together this handy reference. Start obsessing! [emoji254]

View attachment 3639617

Start obsessing? Here we go!
My Ode seems to be an Odysey...

I liked CW 4 from the first time I saw it, but decided against it (well, I went overboard this season with 2 Maharanis, 1 Appaloosa and a CSGM, I also got some preloved ones, but I am very experienced escaping ban island). I did not like that it pictures armor (yeah, I am a hypocrit as I already have a Sous l'egide de Mars), did not like the gray that is featured so prominently in the modshot at hermes.com, did not like that the bias has two so very different tails. And I think Samurais are scary (nothing against Japanese culture, they were supposed to be scary...). and it was not available at stores I visited to try it on. Finally it disappeared from the maison des carres-page. I felt almost relieved.

BUT: All of you posted so many wonderful pictures, One more beautiful than the other. CW4 has so many colors that like. I think it has the most gorgeous browns Hermes ever made. I love the greenish and olive tones, together with the brownes it reminds me of trees, bark, moss. I like the sky blue background. I like the bits of teal. The pattern is beautiful, when tied it does not show the references to war, only beautiful colors and pattern.
Suddenly I seemed to notice references everywhere: my mom took pictures of similar patterns during her holidays, I saw samourai armor in the museum, @Joannadyne posted all her photos from the exhibition, It got harder to resist.

So when traveling I entered a foreign H boutique where they were very accommodating and ordered it in from an other city, luckily we stayed long enough for it to get there.

As soon as I tried it on it was as if I had lost my free will. I played around and just asked the SA to box it for me :angel:.
buy thing.jpg

Today is my last day off, the weather tells me to stay inside, so I had time to play around and take many pictures. Very many pictures in different knots, in different light (not much natural light, so there are some bathroom pics as well, sorry...). This CW has not been shown often, maybe all the pics can help somebody as much as I have been helped here many times.
Please share my joy:
Parures de Samurais, bleu ciel/vert/marron, H003071S 04
http://all-en.hermes.com/la-maison-des-carres/parures-de-samourais-90-scarf-115389.html

I like how different biases bring out different colors, this scarf is such a chameleon!

samurais bias 1b.jpg samurais bias 2.jpg

Getting to like the gray:

samurais assym grau.jpg samurais assym grau nat.jpg
just twist a bit and it looks quite different:

samurais assym hellblau.jpg samurais assym hellblau nat.jpg