Scarves Ode to Hermes Cavalcadour Claire de Lune

Jbizzy - didn’t have time to fully explore your helpful links, so please forgive if is this is already covered: When I desperately searched for mine, based on lovely posts and photos on tPF, I seem to remember something about this scarf in a red CW as well, but can’t recall if it ever came into production or if someone actually had seen or even better bought one - would have been great to see a picture:smile:

Great Question! Maybe someone has a better answer—My best answer right now is two-fold:
A. I’ve seen in the tpf comments that a scarfie recalled her SA said the red one was never made, or didn’t work out well. Additional comments indicated the process of mud silks isn’t foolproof and not every material produced would necessarily have met Hermes standards.
B. The process of mud silk appears on videos to make one side reddish and the other dark. With that in mind, and the long history of mud silks, I could see why that might have been an Hermes goal, or might simply have been a by-product. In certain light, my beloved CdL shows quite reddish brown.

ON THE OTHER HAND: Oh, yes, if someone has one of those red CdLs, puh-leez step up and share a photo and a story.

I have another theory that explores the rumor among tpf members as it may relate to the use of tea as part of the production process, but I’ll leave that for more detail in a day or two as it requires more time and a geographic shift, I think.

wow beautiful,thanks for sharing
i am late to the silk game, I don't see them in store or hear about them in store. May I ask are they still offered?
Wow, these are amazing! :heart: Apparently the orangey-brown color comes from dying the fabric (up to 30 times!) with yam juice, then it's covered with mud. It's so funny to watch the workers dragging huge bolts of silk across the ground, laying them in the grass, and covering them in mud, considering how gingerly we treat them, lol. This video shows the whole fascinating process:

Thanks for the video. It is amazing!
View attachment 4477164 Given the history of this hardworking “mud silk,” I tested it on a recent hot day when most 90cm silks will never see the light of summer skies as they tend to be too warm.

Tied fairly close for summer, I discovered the following:
A) Outdoors: Not hot around neck in full sun, rather cool actually while bare shoulders and cotton top took on heat rapidly.
B) Indoors: CdL kept in heat around neck while shoulders and cotton top cooled rapidly.
C) Excellent result all around!
Thank you!!!
I want these scarves!!:heart::heart::heart:

wow beautiful,thanks for sharing
i am late to the silk game, I don't see them in store or hear about them in store. May I ask are they still offered?

Thanks for the video. It is amazing!

Thank you!!!
I want these scarves!!:heart::heart::heart:

So glad to inspire (frustrate?)!

The good news is this late 2012 scarf does occasionally show up with resellers. I’ve seen it on eBay three times in my 9 months in the H scarf lifestyle. Technically, that third time I knew it was coming and bought it in microseconds.
The bad news is unless you’re lucky, it’s a $695 purchase.

You can reach out for help by including the scarf’s name as a “seeking grail” in your signature through your profile page here on TPF. Members often let others know when their grails come on a reseller site. If you purchase scarves generally on the pre-owned market, you can develop relationships with collectors who may eventually find anything you desire. I think most of the reseller sites like The Real Real, etc., let you post “watch alerts,” if you can tolerate the constant irrelevant email notices as well.

So glad to inspire (frustrate?)!

The good news is this late 2012 scarf does occasionally show up with resellers. I’ve seen it on eBay three times in my 9 months in the H scarf lifestyle. Technically, that third time I knew it was coming and bought it in microseconds.
The bad news is unless you’re lucky, it’s a $695 purchase.

You can reach out for help by including the scarf’s name as a “seeking grail” in your signature through your profile page here on TPF. Members often let others know when their grails come on a reseller site. If you purchase scarves generally on the pre-owned market, you can develop relationships with collectors who may eventually find anything you desire. I think most of the reseller sites like The Real Real, etc., let you post “watch alerts,” if you can tolerate the constant irrelevant email notices as well.
:drinks::hugs::hbeat:thank you for the tips, I will start my hunting game :giggle:

It is my turn to have it. Special thanks to @Jbizzybeetle :love:.
I cant't say how much I like it. :hbeat: The design is even more beautiful in real life. Time to enjoy

Attachments

• 02C503D3-03D2-4B5A-9A23-DA88AF8E7E40.jpeg
    02C503D3-03D2-4B5A-9A23-DA88AF8E7E40.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 123
  • C4C5961B-A2EF-40C5-97C3-9088EACBDBD4.jpeg
    C4C5961B-A2EF-40C5-97C3-9088EACBDBD4.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 4B31F037-17DC-4CAD-A8ED-8441288F02D6.jpeg
    4B31F037-17DC-4CAD-A8ED-8441288F02D6.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 129
  • C93BA518-7B2E-4E40-B1F7-3EED2F311052.jpeg
    C93BA518-7B2E-4E40-B1F7-3EED2F311052.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 130
It is my turn to have it. Special thanks to @Jbizzybeetle :love:.
I cant't say how much I like it. :hbeat: The design is even more beautiful in real life. Time to enjoy

This is like belonging to a very exclusive club - not a lot of people appreciate it I believe, because of its darkness. I have one, too, a bit scared of it in a way, tying it means it scrunches up and I don’t dare spraying the creases with water to smoothen it after use. It was hard to find it, too, not a lot of them about. Nice to see how you tied it - enjoy:smile:

:loveeyes:
This is like belonging to a very exclusive club - not a lot of people appreciate it I believe, because of its darkness. I have one, too, a bit scared of it in a way, tying it means it scrunches up and I don’t dare spraying the creases with water to smoothen it after use. It was hard to find it, too, not a lot of them about. Nice to see how you tied it - enjoy:smile:
Thank you for welcoming me to an exclusive club( love it). I love the design that you barely see but it exists and the darkness gives me a the feeling of expensive/ formal look. I got mix compliments last night. But All were good.
I have tried a few different ties but didn't take pictures, I do not think I should worry to tie, or should I? It is a bit harder, stiffer than a regular scarf, but after all it is a scarf mean to be tie around your neck, I would tie more gently than regular one thou. But I would not scare. I tied and streamed the creases out, it had its stiffness back. I love it. I Plan to wear it again today at the graveyard to test out the heated weather change and see how I feel.:giggle: I am very enjoying it. :love: My Holy Grail.:drinks:

Wow, these are amazing! :heart: Apparently the orangey-brown color comes from dying the fabric (up to 30 times!) with yam juice, then it's covered with mud. It's so funny to watch the workers dragging huge bolts of silk across the ground, laying them in the grass, and covering them in mud, considering how gingerly we treat them, lol. This video shows the whole fascinating process:

Amazing.