Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021

Did anyone get the AllSaints Pembury Scarf? A couple of years ago, I got one of their scarves during the sale and the tag read "Do not wash. Do not Dry Clean. Do not Dry. Do not iron." and I laughed because it reminded me of the old Happy Fun Ball bit from SNL.

The scarf looks nice and I'll keep it, but instructions on the Nordstrom site say "Hand wash, dry flat". The tag on the scarf says not to do anything or the scarf may self-destruct, but Dry Clean is okay. I may risk the hand wash just to get the new scarf smell to go away. The Nordstrom site said it was okay, so if the scarf dies, I was following instructions! ;)

Seriously, what happens to a scarf you can't wash or dry clean? Throw it away after wearing a few times? No. Donate the used scarf and pass your grit onto the next victim? No. I should pull out that scarf and hand wash it as well.

The size chart is so off. On the left is this year’s NAS sweater in Medium. On the right is one from a few years ago, also a Medium. I get that the older one is ribbed and has stretched out some but there is a big difference in length and width.View attachment 5143295
Maybe the "Plus size creep" is also happening for dogs? Like women's size 14 used to be a regular size and now is becoming a plus, maybe ... sadly... your dog is no longer a medium. :confused1:

Did anyone get the AllSaints Pembury Scarf? A couple of years ago, I got one of their scarves during the sale and the tag read "Do not wash. Do not Dry Clean. Do not Dry. Do not iron." and I laughed because it reminded me of the old Happy Fun Ball bit from SNL.

The scarf looks nice and I'll keep it, but instructions on the Nordstrom site say "Hand wash, dry flat". The tag on the scarf says not to do anything or the scarf may self-destruct, but Dry Clean is okay. I may risk the hand wash just to get the new scarf smell to go away. The Nordstrom site said it was okay, so if the scarf dies, I was following instructions! ;)

Seriously, what happens to a scarf you can't wash or dry clean? Throw it away after wearing a few times? No. Donate the used scarf and pass your grit onto the next victim? No. I should pull out that scarf and hand wash it as well.
This made me LOL! "Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"

I did the usual damage this year.

RETURNS so far:

Eileen Fisher Organic Cotton Dress (sold out so no link). Nice quality, but despite the comfort (and POCKETS) it didn't make sense to keep. It swallowed up my petite frame, as I feared, and my SO asked if it was a nightgown. Should have tried with black tights and boots but the outside wasn't soft or anything so it went back.

Blondo Verity Waterproof Bootie Had some Blondo boots from a few years ago and I sized up to a 6.5 and they were perfect. These were a bit too large in a 6.5. I didn't love them enough to order a 6, so they're on my wishlist in case there's a future deep discount.

KEEPERS so far:

AllSaints Dalby Leather Biker Jacket in Deep Berry Red. Took a couple of tries to get the size correct (size up one size for sure), but it's my favorite item of the sale. Looks black from afar, but it's definitely a deep purply burgundy. Leather is very nice.

AllSaints Fetch Leather Bag Wanted a simple, small leather bag for the essentials. This one is great and you have the option of a chain or leather strap.

AllSaints Pembury Scarf Will keep this as long as it survives a hand wash as the Nordstrom site suggests.

AllSaints Raffi Skirted Leggings I have some Eileen Fisher skirted leggings that are waaay better quality, but I still liked these and the price was right. A bit long, but the added length at the bottom looks like ruching, rather than elephant ankles. Cool.

Bony Levy Gold Medium Tube Hoop Earrings I don't own any gold hoops and these were interesting and versatile.

Bony Levy Varda Diamond Huggie Hoops Got these in white gold for everyday. I'm turning 43 soon and don't own any real gold earrings! I had some when I was a kid, but I realize everything I own is sterling silver or gold vermeil (made by myself). My ears are more sensitive these days, so I'm making the switch to the "good stuff". Hence the splurge on these and the following earrings for my second holes:

Kwiat 0.25ct Diamond Stud Earrings Baby's (me) first diamonds! I hope they were ethically sourced. I think they are? I'd prefer sapphires for a little sparkle, but I couldn't find any that I liked. These should last a lifetime.

Zella Amazing Crewneck Sweatshirt This year's version smells and the outside isn't as nice as last year's. I lived in the gray one I purchased during the last sale and really wanted one in black. I'll keep it since it doesn't smell like dye stank after a good wash.

Sweaty Betty Power 7/8 Leggings Picked these up in the Green Undercover print. I live in these leggings so grabbing a pair seemed like the thing to do. Perfect length for petites!

Zella Live-In Jogger Pants got these in black last year and love them! Saw they had petite sizing available this year, so I grabbed a pair in gray. I'm good on Zella joggers now. Wish they had petites last year, but the regular ones are still fine.

Honeydew Lounge Set in Ivory Leopard. Really liked the print. I have a set from last year that are my favorite pj's. The Moonlight pj's I wanted were sold out in my size, so I got these instead. Size up. They wash alright as long as you wash on delicate and don't stick in the dryer! Top has stretched out a bit on my old set, but I still love them enough to buy another in a new print.

Also picked up the usual beauty buys: Olaplex, Supergoop! Handscreen, and a Fresh Lip Cream Set, and also replenished this from a couple of years ago: Deborah Lippman The Stripper Duo (best nail polish remover, especially if you wear any sort of sparkle). I also picked up this Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum and surprisingly, my super-reactive skin actually likes it!

I have a few odds and ends due to arrive, but really just because I wanted to see them in person. If I'm not OMG IN LOVE WITH THEM, they are going back. These items are:

Vince Camuto Studded Cotton Tee in black

Halogen Plisse Long Sleeve Minidress Wanted to wait for this to end up at the Rack, but it was selling out and my FOMO made me want to try it on. I don't need any dresses because I already have a few that I don't wear because I LIVE IN YOGA PANTS AND JOGGERS. (Haha. But I'll be fancy someday, maybe?)

Halogen Chevron Stripe Long Sleeve Dress Seriously. Why? This should end up at the Rack. But since I was ordering the other dress I didn't need, I threw this one in as well. I'm petite, so it will probably go down to my knees. Oh darn. But I have to know! Got this because I had an old peplum blouse in black and white that looked similar to this pattern so I wanted to try this. Please don't fit! I need to return you!

Munro Rourke Bootie I have a bad back and only wear comfort shoes. Don't have any booties this short, so thought I'd try a pair. Order is ready for pickup whenever I get my butt over to the store!

TL;DR: 2021 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale - didn't think I'd get much, yet I went over budget. JUST LIKE EVERY DANG YEAR. Thanks, Nordy's! :lol:

Last edited:
I use this! have the full size one for $100. The Soleil Blanc smell is amazing. The oil feels so luxe. It does leave a good amount of shimmer - so make sure that's your thing!
I use it (so does my daughter when I'm not looking). I put it all over my legs whenever I wear a dress for an extra glow. Plus it is the same scent as the soleil blanc perfume!
Thank you both! I ordered it! I love shimmer and I like the idea of using it on my legs!

I did the usual damage this year.

RETURNS so far:

Eileen Fisher Organic Cotton Dress (sold out so no link). Nice quality, but despite the comfort (and POCKETS) it didn't make sense to keep. It swallowed up my petite frame, as I feared, and my SO asked if it was a nightgown. Should have tried with black tights and boots but the outside wasn't soft or anything so it went back.

Blondo Verity Waterproof Bootie Had some Blondo boots from a few years ago and I sized up to a 6.5 and they were perfect. These were a bit too large in a 6.5. I didn't love them enough to order a 6, so they're on my wishlist in case there's a future deep discount.

KEEPERS so far:

AllSaints Dalby Leather Biker Jacket in Deep Berry Red. Took a couple of tries to get the size correct (size up one size for sure), but it's my favorite item of the sale. Looks black from afar, but it's definitely a deep purply burgundy. Leather is very nice.

AllSaints Fetch Leather Bag Wanted a simple, small leather bag for the essentials. This one is great and you have the option of a chain or leather strap.

AllSaints Pembury Scarf Will keep this as long as it survives a hand wash as the Nordstrom site suggests.

AllSaints Raffi Skirted Leggings I have some Eileen Fisher skirted leggings that are waaay better quality, but I still liked these and the price was right. A bit long, but the added length at the bottom looks like ruching, rather than elephant ankles. Cool.

Bony Levy Gold Medium Tube Hoop Earrings I don't own any gold hoops and these were interesting and versatile.

Bony Levy Varda Diamond Huggie Hoops Got these in white gold for everyday. I'm turning 43 soon and don't own any real gold earrings! I had some when I was a kid, but I realize everything I own is sterling silver or gold vermeil (made by myself). My ears are more sensitive these days, so I'm making the switch to the "good stuff". Hence the splurge on these and the following earrings for my second holes:

Kwiat 0.25ct Diamond Stud Earrings Baby's (me) first diamonds! I hope they were ethically sourced. I think they are? I'd prefer sapphires for a little sparkle, but I couldn't find any that I liked. These should last a lifetime.

Zella Amazing Crewneck Sweatshirt This year's version smells and the outside isn't as nice as last year's. I lived in the gray one I purchased during the last sale and really wanted one in black. I'll keep it since it doesn't smell like dye stank after a good wash.

Sweaty Betty Power 7/8 Leggings Picked these up in the Green Undercover print. I live in these leggings so grabbing a pair seemed like the thing to do. Perfect length for petites!

Zella Live-In Jogger Pants got these in black last year and love them! Saw they had petite sizing available this year, so I grabbed a pair in gray. I'm good on Zella joggers now. Wish they had petites last year, but the regular ones are still fine.

Honeydew Lounge Set in Ivory Leopard. Really liked the print. I have a set from last year that are my favorite pj's. The Moonlight pj's I wanted were sold out in my size, so I got these instead. Size up. They wash alright as long as you wash on delicate and don't stick in the dryer! Top has stretched out a bit on my old set, but I still love them enough to buy another in a new print.

Also picked up the usual beauty buys: Olaplex, Supergoop! Handscreen, and a Fresh Lip Cream Set, and also replenished this from a couple of years ago: Deborah Lippman The Stripper Duo (best nail polish remover, especially if you wear any sort of sparkle). I also picked up this Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum and surprisingly, my super-reactive skin actually likes it!

I have a few odds and ends due to arrive, but really just because I wanted to see them in person. If I'm not OMG IN LOVE WITH THEM, they are going back. These items are:

Vince Camuto Studded Cotton Tee in black

Halogen Plisse Long Sleeve Minidress Wanted to wait for this to end up at the Rack, but it was selling out and my FOMO made me want to try it on. I don't need any dresses because I already have a few that I don't wear because I LIVE IN YOGA PANTS AND JOGGERS. (Haha. But I'll be fancy someday, maybe?)

Halogen Chevron Stripe Long Sleeve Dress Seriously. Why? This should end up at the Rack. But since I was ordering the other dress I didn't need, I threw this one in as well. I'm petite, so it will probably go down to my knees. Oh darn. But I have to know! Got this because I had an old peplum blouse in black and white that looked similar to this pattern so I wanted to try this. Please don't fit! I need to return you!

Munro Rourke Bootie I have a bad back and only wear comfort shoes. Don't have any booties this short, so thought I'd try a pair. Order is ready for pickup whenever I get my butt over to the store!

TL;DR: 2021 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale - didn't think I'd get much, yet I went over budget. JUST LIKE EVERY DANG YEAR. Thanks, Nordy's! :lol:

I loooove the AllSaints Dalby jacket. If they had a black one in the sale, I would have snatched it up so fast.

I definitely recommend - lots of color choices too.
Ugh I just bought 2 sweaters in the sale, both v-necks same color. I'm considering returning to get these. I will definitely get more wear out of the ones you posted. The others are a lot thicker and nice but I'm not 100% on them. It's far too hot to think about them right now, lol. But the crew necks are definitely more practical for me. Decisions, Decisions.

I got these jeans as well. i had to size down from 6 to 2. they have a lot of stretch however they have a way of shaping to you oddly. if i had gotten the 6 they would have stretch out and been baggy

View attachment 5143146
I got a pair of straight leg from this brand. Its my normal size and they are so comfortable. Hope the don't stretch too much.

I got all of my pick up in store items on Monday. My shipped items seem to be coming one at a time, lol. Two items shipped separately and 3 more are waiting to be shipped. All ordered Friday at midnight.
It's strange because I placed several more orders over the next couple of days and pretty much all have shipped, but my big order is just sitting there.