Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021

I used to save them but somehow strangers seem to get access to them and spend them, like five times this year. I keep calling, changed my password and there is nothing they can do about it. They can see the names of the people using them, and they are always from different states. Nordstrom does reinstate them for me, but then I spend them right away before someone can get access. Super annoying. I was told it happens to other people, but I seem to be particularly lucky :sad:

Have you been able to use your Nordstrom Visa in the past couple of days? I tried to use mine this morning and suddenly I no longer had access to the sale. I wanted to add an item that was sold out and had popped back in. So, I called Nordstrom and after several minutes was put through to the Fraud department.

Apparently, my account was recognized as one that the Nordy notes kept getting stolen, like 5 times from June through July. So, without telling me, and in the middle of the sale, they cancelled my card and reissued a new number/card to me, which will arrive in 7 to 10 days. However since that is my only Visa card and one that I use mainly for Costco gas (Costco only takes Visa), they said they'd expedite the card. They also apologized and said that they'd allow my account to use any credit card for the sale. Still, I have several orders from Friday that are "getting ready" and not sure what will happen to them. Maybe they will just disappear?

This is just a head's up for anyone who might run into the same situation. They did say that they are aware of what's going on and this has happened to several accounts. [I feel so lucky :sad:.] They also said they're aware of the shipping problems and backorders. Apparently, as we all have noticed, merchandise is just not there and shipping is somewhat willy-nilly. So, I have a feeling that if something doesn't get shipped, but pops back in later after the sale you should be able to call and they will honor the sale price.

Have you been able to use your Nordstrom Visa in the past couple of days? I tried to use mine this morning and suddenly I no longer had access to the sale. I wanted to add an item that was sold out and had popped back in. So, I called Nordstrom and after several minutes was put through to the Fraud department.

Apparently, my account was recognized as one that the Nordy notes kept getting stolen, like 5 times from June through July. So, without telling me, and in the middle of the sale, they cancelled my card and reissued a new number/card to me, which will arrive in 7 to 10 days. However since that is my only Visa card and one that I use mainly for Costco gas (Costco only takes Visa), they said they'd expedite the card. They also apologized and said that they'd allow my account to use any credit card for the sale. Still, I have several orders from Friday that are "getting ready" and not sure what will happen to them. Maybe they will just disappear?

This is just a head's up for anyone who might run into the same situation. They did say that they are aware of what's going on and this has happened to several accounts. [I feel so lucky :sad:.] They also said they're aware of the shipping problems and backorders. Apparently, as we all have noticed, merchandise is just not there and shipping is somewhat willy-nilly. So, I have a feeling that if something doesn't get shipped, but pops back in later after the sale you should be able to call and they will honor the sale price.

Yup, went to order last night and my card was gone from their system entirely. Had to call several numbers before I got someone on the line who knew what she was talking about (I had a bunch of people saying oh, it is probably just a glitch, try back in an hour, or oh, maybe you reached your credit limit (I did not), etc. ) and told me the same thing as you noted above. However, she said I should be able to get my new card on Wed. She reinstated my Ambassador status, so I was able to shop last night using a different card, but of course the item I was looking for was sold out again before I got back there. It would have been decent of them to TELL US they were doing this instead of just cancelling our cards. I am happy to have a more secure card but not happy they didn't bother to communicate.

And yeah, I have 'getting ready' orders that I now figure will get cancelled because the card I used no longer exists. I was also hoping to do some returns today, but I am holding off now because I suspect that they can't do them since the card I purchased with is a phantom.

And while some of my more recent orders have shipped (and I have received some) , I have an order from the 14th that says it has shipped but still has no tracking number. I know it is just stuff, but this is dampening some of the fun.

Yup, went to order last night and my card was gone from their system entirely. Had to call several numbers before I got someone on the line who knew what she was talking about (I had a bunch of people saying oh, it is probably just a glitch, try back in an hour, or oh, maybe you reached your credit limit (I did not), etc. ) and told me the same thing as you noted above. However, she said I should be able to get my new card on Wed. She reinstated my Ambassador status, so I was able to shop last night using a different card, but of course the item I was looking for was sold out again before I got back there. It would have been decent of them to TELL US they were doing this instead of just cancelling our cards. I am happy to have a more secure card but not happy they didn't bother to communicate.

And yeah, I have 'getting ready' orders that I now figure will get cancelled because the card I used no longer exists. I was also hoping to do some returns today, but I am holding off now because I suspect that they can't do them since the card I purchased with is a phantom.

And while some of my more recent orders have shipped (and I have received some) , I have an order from the 14th that says it has shipped but still has no tracking number. I know it is just stuff, but this is dampening some of the fun.

Exactly, I wish they would've told us. I'm not a computer guy, but my husband is and he said that there is a whole Reddit thread about Nordy Notes and how they've been getting stolen. Apparently it's pretty easy to do. It is somehow connected to the phone number you use on your Nordstrom account. Or, that's what I'm told. Because of that, I got a new number (a free google voice number) for Nordstrom only. So not sure how cancelling my Nordstrom card and reissuing a new one will help. But maybe there's more to this than what I can assess.

And, yep, my "getting ready" orders from Friday will probably be cancelled as well. I agree it is just stuff, but it does dampen the fun just a bit.

Last edited:
Exactly, I wish they would've told us. I'm not a computer guy, but my husband is and he said that there is a whole Reddit thread about Nordy Notes and how they've been getting stolen. Apparently it's pretty easy to do. It is somehow connected to the phone number you use on your Nordstrom account. Or, that's what I'm told. Because of that, I got a new number (a free google voice number) for Nordstrom only. So not sure how cancelling my Nordstrom card and reissuing a new one will help. But maybe there's more to this than what I can assess.

And, yep, my "getting ready" orders from Friday will probably be cancelled as well. I agree it is just stuff, but it does dampen the fun just a bit.

Hmmm, I will have my husband, the resident tech guy :smile: , look into this for me too. Thanks.