Newly Released Styles/Colors

I like the floral applique. Everyone seems to be doing this now. Though I personally like it, MK is late to the party. IMO the bags on the MK site are in blah variations of the pastel and taupe colors and same old recycled styles. They really need to do something new to shake things up. The Hamilton was an old style that maybe had run its course, but that redo of the Hamilton is horrific, the silhouette of the bag looks like a Pokemon character! Sorry for the rant, I was just on the MK site earlier today hoping to be pleasantly surprised and just disappointed that I wasn't.

Reactions: donutsprinkles
I like the floral applique. Everyone seems to be doing this now. Though I personally like it, MK is late to the party.

MK wasn't the first to do floral applique, but they have been doing it for well over a year. This is at least MK's third version of three dimensional leather floral applique in a wide range of colors. I adored the art deco sharp edged petals of early winter 2017. (I still want a floral grommet keychain matching that design).The spring 2017 overlapping petals was a little too girlish for me. These new button cutouts are refreshing in their simplicity.

My favorite dimensional floral applique was fall 2016's floral burst sequined flowers. I was afraid I wouldnt be responsible enough to keep it in a dust bag and dreaded all the dust the petals would probably collect. So i didnt get that style. I loved the summer 2017 patchwork suede flowers and how they were sewn flush rather than have any dimensionality and ended up with that as my floral bag. So happy!

MK also had minimalistic applique floral styles this past year with flowers represented by gold studs or clear crystals. In addition to the patchwork suede, there was a couple more sewn flat styles: a denim flower style and a silver stud outlining contrasting leather style.

That's nine distinct floral applique styles that I recall. They also had a perforated floral and a couple printed floral designs in the last year and a half.

I really like floral items. It's been a fun time for handbags and clothing!