My Reveal & Review of Overstock.com's "DBTY" Necklace

Very pretty, and good for you for not getting sucked in to Tiffany's ridiculous pricing! I love Overstock, especially for linens (sheets, towels, comforters), but have also bought several pairs of earrings from their Worldstock category, and have never been disappointed.

I love Overstock too. Never bought jewelry there but have been considering it. I have bought watches and have been pleased. I too have a necklace almost exactly like yours. I never (okay rarely) take it off. I even sleep in it. I got mine at Ross Simons. It is 14kt white gold but it has a CZ. It looks exactly like a diamond and has fooled everyone who has seen it. It does not have the mickey mouse prongs either which I love. I have been considering getting a yellow gold one because I like to layer my necklaces. Only problem is you have to take it off if you are wearing another one of a similar length. It looks great on you.

Wow, it's perfect and looks beautiful on you. I've had some bad experiences with overstock jewelry but this really restores my faith. I've been wanting one exactly like this and in this size and my local jeweler quoted me around $400 just for the setting and chain. In that case I would get to choose my own diamond but it looks like you really lucked out! Did you know anything about the cut or the diamond proportions before you bought it? It looks really clear and sparkly in the photos. Enjoy and wear it in good health!

Wow, it's perfect and looks beautiful on you. I've had some bad experiences with overstock jewelry but this really restores my faith. I've been wanting one exactly like this and in this size and my local jeweler quoted me around $400 just for the setting and chain. In that case I would get to choose my own diamond but it looks like you really lucked out! Did you know anything about the cut or the diamond proportions before you bought it? It looks really clear and sparkly in the photos. Enjoy and wear it in good health!

No I didn't, I was pleasantly surprised.

I also have a 1 ct, 7 stone diamond band from Overstock & you would not believe how gorgeous it is, the diamonds are so white & sparkly and an exact match in color. I had looked at similar rings at other jewelers and they were anywhere from $1600-$2000+ and I got my ring from Overstock for $780 with a coupon. They really have some awesome deals on good quality diamonds.

I have been researching & thinking about getting a DBTY style necklace for some time. I originally wanted a classic Tiffany & Co. DBTY but given my champagne taste & beer budget, it just wasn't meant to be (at this time). I wanted a bigger diamond than I could afford from Tiffany, and since it would be on my neck, the diamond quality honestly wasn't that important to me.

Then I looked into building my own DBTY from Blue Nile, but didn't really like the thicker chain. I saw someone post a link in the "Show us your Tiffany DBTY Necklace" thread to a DBTY style necklace at Overstock. I already had a couple of coupons which would bring the necklace under $500 and that was it!

Stats are: 1/3 CT (may be 0.28 to 0.36 carat) H-I color, SI1-SI2 clarity, on a thin 14k white gold, 16" chain.

Link: http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/14k-Gold-1-3ct-TDW-Bezel-set-Diamond-Necklace/680281/product.html

The setting

Okay here's my review. If you want a DBTY style necklace with a larger diamond on a budget, this is the one for you.

Pros: The chain is beautiful & dainty, the perfect length for a DBTY style necklace (in my opinion), and I like that it doesn't have that "Mickey Mouse" look with the "ears" around the bezel. It looks like the diamond is just floating on my neck, which I like.

Cons: Obviously when it comes to diamonds, you get what you pay for. It certainly doesn't sparkle like a Tiffany diamond, but having bought diamond jewelry from Overstock before, I can say it's pretty good quality for the price. The other thing I don't necessarily love, is the bezel is a little too thick for my taste, I would have liked a thinner bezel.

I hope this helps someone considering this necklace, overall I am pleased!

Hey! Glad you like the necklace, that was my post in the DBTY thread about the overstock option. I have the same necklace and wear it often.

I am hesitated to buy diamonds from overstock but yours looks lovely. Does the clarity of I1-I2 affects the sparkle in anyway? Most of overstock's diamonds are of that range and pls do share your idea abt it.