My First YSL Purchase!

Hello!

I'm so excited to share my first YSL!

I chose medium envelope woc in silver hardware. Leather was amazing quality when I first touched it in the store. I love how multiple way of wearing this piece rivals to that of LV. I know there are few concerns on wear-and-tare, but I'm hoping it would be more durable.

Now I'm hooked into YSL and I'm also wanting Cassandra top handle and medium Kate tassel in croc embossed. Who knew that YSL could be as addictive as LV!

View attachment 4854113
Congrats. Beautiful bag. Great choice. My first ysl is a red small woc. Love the emblem and design. Got my second ysl (medium kate in granite grey) just last week. It makes my heart sing more than my chanels. They are my new favorites now. IMG-20210304-WA0023.jpg20210305_174142.jpg

Congrats. Beautiful bag. Great choice. My first ysl is a red small woc. Love the emblem and design. Got my second ysl (medium kate in granite grey) just last week. It makes my heart sing more than my chanels. They are my new favorites now. View attachment 5012171View attachment 5012175
It's insanely gorgeous. Good thing you got it. I see more and more social media exposure of YSL and more you tubers are commentating how they are turning to YSL as it's more "reasonable" compared to other fashion houses.. I foresee they will increase their prices to unreasonable rate soon.

Reactions: luvleeness
It's insanely gorgeous. Good thing you got it. I see more and more social media exposure of YSL and more you tubers are commentating how they are turning to YSL as it's more "reasonable" compared to other fashion houses.. I foresee they will increase their prices to unreasonable rate soon.
Yes so true. Their designs are classic yet elegant. They have already started the price increases last year. Planning to collect my favourites within 2 years to avoid paying the appreciated value and hopefully their sales will continue. They have very functional varieties from the camera bags to the wocs and office/formal sac de jours and duffles to clutches and more.

Reactions: cheremushki
I am going to Hawaii next month and I plan to purchase my first YSL there. I am currently torn between a WOC and an Envelope bag. either way I think I will get them in the red color below. I don't buy luxury handbags often and I only like classics ones. I already have a Chanel CF Jumbo, a pearl crush gold ball mini flap and I think I'm missing a bag sized in between. However, I also love how YSL WOC has four different ways to use it , and that the chain is removable. This is going to be a hard decision and any advice is welcomed!

1617232820644.png

I am going to Hawaii next month and I plan to purchase my first YSL there. I am currently torn between a WOC and an Envelope bag. either way I think I will get them in the red color below. I don't buy luxury handbags often and I only like classics ones. I already have a Chanel CF Jumbo, a pearl crush gold ball mini flap and I think I'm missing a bag sized in between. However, I also love how YSL WOC has four different ways to use it , and that the chain is removable. This is going to be a hard decision and any advice is welcomed!

View attachment 5041050
That's exciting. I think you might like the medium kate as it is simple yet elegant, versatile too (suitable for casual and fancy wear) and roomier than a woc and your chanel mini. The envelope bag is also an option. I find the woc to be limiting and tend to grab my kate or mini reissue more. But if you prefer the chain to be detachable (rather than tucked inside the bag), then the woc will work. :smile: keep us posted of what you decide.

Last edited:
No, I'm not. I just checked out the website, and am thinking about joining. A post on here about the YSL Lou camera bag kind of scared me off buying it. I did go with the Gucci Marmont for my first bag purchased in store because of that (I was going back and forth between the two anyway). However, I do have my eye on the YSL envelope bag. I'm going to do my research though, as I've done with the Marmont. I really want a YSL bag in my collection, whether it ends up being the envelope bag or maybe another bag that really catches my eye and I can see myself wearing more than once. YSL really is stunning, and I love the logo. So elegant.

Last edited:
Reactions: cheremushki