Most durable material for wallets?

I concur: canvas for durability, and epi is a gorgeous durable leather. A dark vernis is more durable, but even dark colors scuff and scratch. I have a vernis amaranthe Alma, which I love. The leather doesn’t crack, but even with minimal use and babying, it has a few scratches and scuffs.
I really wanted something special but as canvas is what everyone is saying is the most durable now I’m think of mon monogram. But now I wonder if the paint will chip.

I really wanted something special but as canvas is what everyone is saying is the most durable now I’m think of mon monogram. But now I wonder if the paint will chip.

Epi is really wonderful practically indestructible material. I put a pre-loved epi Speedy in the WASHING MACHINE to get an odor out and it came out as good as new!!

I’m at LV and I wish I had gotten the card of the SA I worked w last time. This lady was trying to tell me you can not get wallets done in mon monogram.

The whole point was to get here a see the colors in person but this lady is telling me they don’t have and never have had a book where you can see the colors. So I’ll be going home without any orders.

I was starting to think I was going crazy as I thought they were much the same size. So I looked it up:

(Length x Height x Width)
Multiple
4.53 x 3.54 x 0.59 inches
Slender
4.33 x 3.35 x 0.79 inches
Victorine
4.72 x 3.74 x 0.59 inches
Pocket organizer
2.8 x 4.3 x 0.4 inches

These are the numbers from the USA LV website

So in the end we were both wrong the victorine is the biggest of the lot. My biggest issue w the multiple is the lack of credit card slots. 3 for a wallet that size seems too few.
Measurements are one thing, but they don't tell the whole story. Small differences in measurements can translate into huge differences when the actual objects aren't that large to begin with, like these wallets.

We weren't wrong; I wasn't even considering the Victorine in the comparison because it's a completely different style of wallet. A long wallet is obviously going to be on the bigger side because it's not meant as much to be slipped into things like pockets the way billfolds are. The Multiple and Slender are both billfolds. Considering the type of wallet it is, the Multiple is just enormous.

The LV website may only list three credit card slots, but that wallet has so many pockets and compartments and slots that will fit credit cards and bills. The left hand side has the three slots, but the right hand side also has two pockets where I would put cards (the Pocket Organizer has the same pockets, and I use those for cards).

Measurements are one thing, but they don't tell the whole story. Small differences in measurements can translate into huge differences when the actual objects aren't that large to begin with, like these wallets.

We weren't wrong; I wasn't even considering the Victorine in the comparison because it's a completely different style of wallet. A long wallet is obviously going to be on the bigger side because it's not meant as much to be slipped into things like pockets the way billfolds are. The Multiple and Slender are both billfolds. Considering the type of wallet it is, the Multiple is just enormous.

The LV website may only list three credit card slots, but that wallet has so many pockets and compartments and slots that will fit credit cards and bills. The left hand side has the three slots, but the right hand side also has two pockets where I would put cards (the Pocket Organizer has the same pockets, and I use those for cards).

True! The multiple though is the same size as the insolite I have so I think it would have been ok but alas I couldn’t order it anyway because the SA had no idea what she was talking about and was not particularly helpful.

Holding the multiple on top of my Insolite. EBF8711F-80C8-4BC6-AA96-7751A82F2689.jpeg

She kept trying to tell me mon monogram is stamped and not for soft sided items. So I couldn’t see the colors in person. It was a total wash.

True! The multiple though is the same size as the insolite I have so I think it would have been ok but alas I couldn’t order it anyway because the SA had no idea what she was talking about and was not particularly helpful.

Holding the multiple on top of my Insolite. View attachment 4502014

She kept trying to tell me mon monogram is stamped and not for soft sided items. So I couldn’t see the colors in person. It was a total wash.
The Multiple is available for Mon Monogram on the website. However, I would not get a Mon Monogram wallet because wallets are constantly in and out of bags and pockets and rubbing up against things, so the paint would chip and scratch off pretty easily. Unless you wouldn't be bothered by the monogram and/or stripes wearing away, it would be a waste of money.

Why not a Normandy, Iris Compact, Iris XS, or Zoe?

The Multiple is available for Mon Monogram on the website. However, I would not get a Mon Monogram wallet because wallets are constantly in and out of bags and pockets and rubbing up against things, so the paint would chip and scratch off pretty easily. Unless you wouldn't be bothered by the monogram and/or stripes wearing away, it would be a waste of money.

see this is the part that i dont understand, i might have to start a thread, some places say the paint chips others say not. Have you had paint chipping on your mon monogram item?

oh and to anwser your other question i really REALLY REALLY REALLY dont like (read hate) wallets that dont open flat for full CC access. to me if thats the case i may was well use my Cles and not get a wallet at all.

see this is the part that i dont understand, i might have to start a thread, some places say the paint chips others say not. Have you had paint chipping on your mon monogram item?
I don't have a Mon Monogram wallet. I do, however, have a Pocket Organizer with a painted design on it, and some of the paint has chipped away. I stopped using it after a year and got another Pocket Organizer.

Unless there is a very thick varnish applied on top of the entire item, the paint can and will chip away. The only way it won't happen is if you baby your item, which is probably the case for the people who say their Mon Monogram item hasn't had paint that has worn away.

Do not buy a Mon Monogram piece or any painted piece and expect that you can treat the item like normal and the paint won't chip or wear away or become scratched. If that is your expectation, then you will be sorely disappointed--especially with something like a wallet that easily and constantly brushes against pockets and other items while it's being carried. I mean, I suppose you could be ridiculous and put the wallet inside a plastic bag or felt sleeve and then put it into your purse. But, again, you would be ridiculous.

Last edited:
I don't have a Mon Monogram wallet. I do, however, have a Pocket Organizer with a painted design on it, and some of the paint has chipped away. I stopped using it after a year and got another Pocket Organizer.

Unless there is a varnish applied on top of the entire item, the paint can and will chip away. The only way it won't happen is if you baby your item, which is probably the case for the people who say their Mon Monogram item hasn't had paint that has worn away.

Do not buy a Mon Monogram piece or any painted piece and expect that you can treat the item like normal and the paint won't chip or wear away or become scratched. If that is your expectation, then you will be sorely disappointed--especially with something like a wallet that easily and constantly brushes against pockets and other items while it's being carried. I mean, I suppose you could be ridiculous and put the wallet inside a plastic bag or felt sleeve and then put it into your purse. But, again, you would be ridiculous.

mon monogram i was told by LV is made different than the printed items and would wear better. the LV person i spoke to on the phone said that the mon monogram are coated at a different stage than the printed items but she could be wrong thats why i asked about the mon monogram.