MONOGLAM Review (Neverfull)

I have a question for you! I picked mine up today and am noticing some "bubbling" of the coated canvas. It is almost like the coated canvas and the backing on the inside of the bag weren't glued down correctly or the material wasn't stretched enough in the first place. Anyone else having this problem? I am sending it back and hopefully can get another one with better QC.

Reactions: Sparkle_Lux
How do you feel about the bag looking like “static” 95% of the time? Is there still the rainbow flash indoor , even subtly?
I really love the monoglam PM but not sure how I feel about the main effect of the bag only being visible in direct sunlight/light, considering I make it a point to stay out of direct sunlight unless I’m at the pool/beach :lol:

I’m a little worried about yellowing and melting-sticky now, after how some people mention about this being similar to vernis.
SAs in the store felt the same way. Specifically said this is a new material and they really can't tell how it will perform over time, but it feels very much like vernis so can assume some similarity.

regarding the corners…they tend to get this weird dip/crease when filled. Part of the problem is because the lining doesn’t go all the way to the tip of the corner so it never is able to fill out properly and a crease forms. Using an organizer doesn’t help if the lining is cut too short. It’s inevitable. Regular canvas is more forgiving and soft so it isn’t as noticeable. This material is more stiff so the crease is more obvious. I’m too picky at first (with every bag) and I notice every crease and dent. After some time, I get used to it, forget about it, and live with it! No biggie. I still love the bag! Here’s a pic:

View attachment 5792456
So far I have used my Monoglam NF twice and started to notice this dip as well. I was hoping an organizer would help, but it seems like it does not, from your description. I shall learn to live with it too.

I have a question for you! I picked mine up today and am noticing some "bubbling" of the coated canvas. It is almost like the coated canvas and the backing on the inside of the bag weren't glued down correctly or the material wasn't stretched enough in the first place. Anyone else having this problem? I am sending it back and hopefully can get another one with better QC.
Mine does not have any bubbling, I scrutinised the entire surface and the coating was evenly applied. Do you have a photo? Curious to see how it looks. Certainly sounds like a defect though.

How do you feel about the bag looking like “static” 95% of the time? Is there still the rainbow flash indoor , even subtly?
I really love the monoglam PM but not sure how I feel about the main effect of the bag only being visible in direct sunlight/light, considering I make it a point to stay out of direct sunlight unless I’m at the pool/beach :lol:
The rainbow flash is strongest in outdoor direct sunlight, followed by indoor light and not really visible in outdoor shaded light. So to your question in whether there is rainbow flash indoors, yes. This is a good representation of how the bag will look in different lighting environment: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/lv-2023-collections.1056725/post-35660944

Reactions: Jumper
SAs in the store felt the same way. Specifically said this is a new material and they really can't tell how it will perform over time, but it feels very much like vernis so can assume some similarity.

So far I have used my Monoglam NF twice and started to notice this dip as well. I was hoping an organizer would help, but it seems like it does not, from your description. I shall learn to live with it too.

Mine does not have any bubbling, I scrutinised the entire surface and the coating was evenly applied. Do you have a photo? Curious to see how it looks. Certainly sounds like a defect though.

The rainbow flash is strongest in outdoor direct sunlight, followed by indoor light and not really visible in outdoor shaded light. So to your question in whether there is rainbow flash indoors, yes. This is a good representation of how the bag will look in different lighting environment: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/lv-2023-collections.1056725/post-35660944
Thanks for including the video! Definitely helped in my final decision ;)

Reactions: Cleda
Where do you see the bubbling? For mine, (and 100% of the ones I have seen) there is some wrinkling at the trim. Some worse than others. This is due to the way they stitched the lining. If it was not perfectly stitched straight, there will be some bumps at the top seam. Also due to the clasp, there is some wrinkling around the lining and ultimately some bumps on the canvas too. It’s sloppy to me and really bothered me the first week. I’m getting over it as it’s less noticeable when carrying it, and the flashy monoglam hides any flaws. I also use an organizer in it to help keep its shape.

So for mine, I don’t mind the way it looks indoors. I have a more silvery one (verses blue) so for mine, it’s still very striking to look at indoors. It’s shiny and metallic looking. I do see a subtle rainbow shift in natural light. When not in use, I have my bag sitting on a little table in my dining room. The light from the chandelier bounces off the bag and does cast a light rainbow sheen. I enjoy looking at it and when im in that room I do glance over and admire the bag often. In the sun, the rainbow colors are more pronounced but even then, the overall look of the bag is a silvery metallic and to get a really flashy holo look, you almost need to move the bag around, tilt, and twirl it around. It’s subtle. But I think it’s better that way. I really think if it was too holographic it would look too much. The subtlety of it allows the bag to work as a neutral and can be worn everyday without looking silly. Hope that helps!

regarding the corners…they tend to get this weird dip/crease when filled. Part of the problem is because the lining doesn’t go all the way to the tip of the corner so it never is able to fill out properly and a crease forms. Using an organizer doesn’t help if the lining is cut too short. It’s inevitable. Regular canvas is more forgiving and soft so it isn’t as noticeable. This material is more stiff so the crease is more obvious. I’m too picky at first (with every bag) and I notice every crease and dent. After some time, I get used to it, forget about it, and live with it! No biggie. I still love the bag! Here’s a pic:

View attachment 5792456
Do you think this bottom crease is truly inevitable with this bag? My other neverfalls haven’t gotten the creases but I don’t load them up and they aren’t workhorses.

I bought the NF online and unfortunately returned mine. I was just underwhelmed really, the plain blue pouch and the plain leather bottom of the bag were a disappointment. I was expecting the holographic effect to blow me away, but it didn't and I could see myself hardly using the bag.
Also with so many releases all around the same time, I really have to pick and love the bag I purchase, and as I was also interested in the dark blue empriente NF which was just released and the blue By The Pool one being released on Friday, I had to make a decision! The blue By The Pool one is now pre-ordered :P

So for mine, I don’t mind the way it looks indoors. I have a more silvery one (verses blue) so for mine, it’s still very striking to look at indoors. It’s shiny and metallic looking. I do see a subtle rainbow shift in natural light. When not in use, I have my bag sitting on a little table in my dining room. The light from the chandelier bounces off the bag and does cast a light rainbow sheen. I enjoy looking at it and when im in that room I do glance over and admire the bag often. In the sun, the rainbow colors are more pronounced but even then, the overall look of the bag is a silvery metallic and to get a really flashy holo look, you almost need to move the bag around, tilt, and twirl it around. It’s subtle. But I think it’s better that way. I really think if it was too holographic it would look too much. The subtlety of it allows the bag to work as a neutral and can be worn everyday without looking silly. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the response! I decided that since the full effect of the bag is dependent on its surroundings, it’s not a good investment for me. I want something that looks good 100% of the time not 5% of the time. For me personally I don’t like how the material looks without the rainbow sheen to distract from it.
However I’m glad you enjoy the bag so much! I know how it feels to keep glancing over at a new purchase that you love so much ;)

Do you think this bottom crease is truly inevitable with this bag? My other neverfalls haven’t gotten the creases but I don’t load them up and they aren’t workhorses.
I think ya, the crease will happen. But as I’m using it, it’s bothering me less and less. It’s really small and minor really. I’m just picky haha

I bought the NF online and unfortunately returned mine. I was just underwhelmed really, the plain blue pouch and the plain leather bottom of the bag were a disappointment. I was expecting the holographic effect to blow me away, but it didn't and I could see myself hardly using the bag.
Also with so many releases all around the same time, I really have to pick and love the bag I purchase, and as I was also interested in the dark blue empriente NF which was just released and the blue By The Pool one being released on Friday, I had to make a decision! The blue By The Pool one is now pre-ordered :P
Awww I’ve felt that before. The underwhelming feeling when the bag arrives. I get it! I thought that too at first, that the holo was a lot more subtle than I thought. I still love it however. In your case, I hope you love the new collection piece you preordered!

Reactions: thelittlestar
Thanks for the response! I decided that since the full effect of the bag is dependent on its surroundings, it’s not a good investment for me. I want something that looks good 100% of the time not 5% of the time. For me personally I don’t like how the material looks without the rainbow sheen to distract from it.
However I’m glad you enjoy the bag so much! I know how it feels to keep glancing over at a new purchase that you love so much ;)
Yes! I understand! One thing I’ll say is, when you look at the pictures online it doesn’t do it justice. Even for natural light. In pictures it’s look blah and flat. But in person it’s super silvery and fun. I recommend people see this bag in person to know for sure. Even videos don’t show it really that well. Anyway, if this isn’t the bag for you, I hope you find something else that makes your heart sing ❤️

LOL. I caved!! :biggrin: Bought the Neverfull holographic monoglam (just in case there's a price increase in the next little while) and well... it will be a surprise when it arrives! Excited and ecstatic and completely over the moon!

Thank you to everyone in this thread who shared and posted their experiences with this very unique handbag.

LOL. I caved!! :biggrin: Bought the Neverfull holographic monoglam (just in case there's a price increase in the next little while) and well... it will be a surprise when it arrives! Excited and ecstatic and completely over the moon!

Thank you to everyone in this thread who shared and posted their experiences with this very unique handbag.
Yay!! Post a pic when it arrives! I hope you love it!

• Love
Reactions: Lyn2005