Mini with top handle or trendy CC?

I own 5 Trendy CC and absolutely love the style. To me it is the opposite of grandma style but more an ultra cool retro bag. The boxiness and the plaque on top are very Mercedes G Wagon... I must be in the minority but I feel that if you dress cool the Trendy CC is the way to go...
Actually in the case of comparing the 2 bags you mentioned I have seen more pics of the mini with top handle looking more "granny" chic than the Trendy CC. Maybe it is because I see so many twillys tied around the handle?
Either way I feel it is how you wear the bag which makes it.

ETA, that I feel that the chevron quilt on the Trendy CC do make it look more matronly...

Yeah, exactly. Trendy is similar to the Chanel Boy. It can be very edgy when styled accordingly.

But I agree on the chevron quilt, to me, Chanel chevron (any bag) looks more mature than the quilted versions.

Reactions: raradarling
Yeah, exactly. Trendy is similar to the Chanel Boy. It can be very edgy when styled accordingly.

But I agree on the chevron quilt, to me, Chanel chevron (any bag) looks more mature than the quilted versions.

that is quite interesting

for me it is the exact opposite :biggrin:
I am 26 now & I am on the hunt for a Chanel chevron mini because I find the quilted versions sooooo mature (maybe because it is more 'classic' --> and so for me, the chevron has something modern, edgy, not so classic - like the boy which comes also in chevron)

that is quite interesting

for me it is the exact opposite :biggrin:
I am 26 now & I am on the hunt for a Chanel chevron mini because I find the quilted versions sooooo mature (maybe because it is more 'classic' --> and so for me, the chevron has something modern, edgy, not so classic - like the boy which comes also in chevron)

Maybe it's different tastes :smile:

Which is a good thing because the world will be boring if everyone liked the same things!

not a fan of the trendy cc, too many cons for me, but if you like it still then just keep it. ill never sell any of my bags, i'd say that they are art pieces, people collect all sorts of useless things, matches, pepsi cans, action figures, u name it. nothing wrong with collecting chanel bags, saids who that we can't? save up the fund for another one, don't rush into things, wait until the perfect one comes up, it'll finally come.
I own 5 Trendy CC and absolutely love the style. To me it is the opposite of grandma style but more an ultra cool retro bag. The boxiness and the plaque on top are very Mercedes G Wagon... I must be in the minority but I feel that if you dress cool the Trendy CC is the way to go...
Actually in the case of comparing the 2 bags you mentioned I have seen more pics of the mini with top handle looking more "granny" chic than the Trendy CC. Maybe it is because I see so many twillys tied around the handle?
Either way I feel it is how you wear the bag which makes it.

ETA, that I feel that the chevron quilt on the Trendy CC do make it look more matronly...

I agree that it’s never a good idea to sell Chanel bags due to the ever increasing prices! I sold my woc and kind of regret it as I meant to use the money towards another Chanel bag and then it kind of got swallowed up on other stuff, so now I don’t have anything to replace it with. I’m going to have to start saving again! I only sell my Chanel bags if I want to fund another one but in an ideal world I would just keep all of them!

I’ve decided to keep it for now as I love it so much. Even if I just wear it for nice lunch dates. I agree that it’s a really cool bag and that’s the way I’ve seen it styled on Instagram. I think the Chanel plate really modernises it.

Reactions: demicouture
Another vote here for the trendy CC. I have 2 of them :smile: I am definitely a more casual dresser and have no issues styling the bag.
I personally think the trendy is very well constructed, and love the way the longer strap attaches to the bag through the holes (I know the strap won't snap off if the bag gets heavy). Whereas on the top handle mini, the D ring and clasp on the strap seems very cheap.

I own both. I’m 5’4. Trendy mini sits between my waist and hip, Mini with top handle is a bit too long and sits around lower hip to tight. Chain length can be adjusted for Trendy, not adjustable for Classic Mini with top handle. I like them both.IMG_8227.jpegIMG_9160.jpeg

Last edited: