~ MICHAEL Michael Kors Grayson Clubhouse ~

Sorry! I'm new to the whole PF update :smile:. Hopefully these should work! It's so cute but I can still fit everything I could possibly need.

jaaz5l.jpg

6qcuuw.jpg

Yep that's the one. I love it too! Kicking myself for not getting it when I found a deal! Enjoy :smile:

Reactions: cdtracing
Now that you've had it for a bit, how are you liking it?

Sorry for the late response! I've been using her everyday and absolutely love her :heart:! The bag can fit a lot (cosmetic pouch, full size wallet, keys, over the ear headphones, Moleskine planner, and snacks) and I just can't get over the leather smell. The side pockets are great for my hand sanitizer and eye drops. For some reason, the shoulder strap also feels much more comfortable than the Saffiano leather one for my medium Selma.

I usually don't favor monogram, but I am itching for another Grayson in the pink monogram!

Sorry for the late response! I've been using her everyday and absolutely love her :heart:! The bag can fit a lot (cosmetic pouch, full size wallet, keys, over the ear headphones, Moleskine planner, and snacks) and I just can't get over the leather smell. The side pockets are great for my hand sanitizer and eye drops. For some reason, the shoulder strap also feels much more comfortable than the Saffiano leather one for my medium Selma.

I usually don't favor monogram, but I am itching for another Grayson in the pink monogram!

Awesome, love the Grayson style. It fits so much! I don't usually like monogram either but have it in brown mono and love love love it! I really want this black one too but was unsure if it's a heavy bag because of the chain? I want too many bags, hubs is less then impressed with my obsession ;)

Awesome, love the Grayson style. It fits so much! I don't usually like monogram either but have it in brown mono and love love love it! I really want this black one too but was unsure if it's a heavy bag because of the chain? I want too many bags, hubs is less then impressed with my obsession ;)

It's such a classy looking bag! The gold hardware really complements the soft leather. I would go for it :smile:. The chain is actually quite lightweight surprisingly and I don't find the bag heavy at all. I just love soft leather bags and think you would love the quilted leather. I wish MK would release more variants of the Grayson like this one!

Not sure if anyone is even interested, but the outlet Grayson is still available in lots of colors!

I've been OBSESSED with wanting to get a Speedy the last couple weeks. After reading this thread I decided to look for and try the Grayson first [emoji41]

I figure this way I can try out the style to see its something I really even like carrying... and put even more thought into how I feel about spending so much on a single LV purse [emoji6]

Not to mention I have a whoooole ton more saving up to do before I could even purchase a Speedy [emoji38]

Not sure if anyone is even interested, but the outlet Grayson is still available in lots of colors!

I've been OBSESSED with wanting to get a Speedy the last couple weeks. After reading this thread I decided to look for and try the Grayson first [emoji41]

I figure this way I can try out the style to see its something I really even like carrying... and put even more thought into how I feel about spending so much on a single LV purse [emoji6]

Not to mention I have a whoooole ton more saving up to do before I could even purchase a Speedy [emoji38]
I have the black mono Grayson, a Coach and a Dooney bag that is similar to speedy, I do love them and have contemplated the speedy for a while but keep hesitating, not sure why,lol as I do love the shape. Perhaps it's knowing I have the style at a less costly price point, everytime I try it, I end up with a different LV style. I need to go look at the MK outlet and see what colors they have

I have the black mono Grayson, a Coach and a Dooney bag that is similar to speedy, I do love them and have contemplated the speedy for a while but keep hesitating, not sure why,lol as I do love the shape. Perhaps it's knowing I have the style at a less costly price point, everytime I try it, I end up with a different LV style. I need to go look at the MK outlet and see what colors they have

I keep going back and forth... one minutes I NEED a Speedy B... one minute I NEED a Neverfull MM... the next minute I can't believe I'd be willing to spend that much on a purse.

Don't get me wrong, I love the looks of the LV purses, but like you pointed out, there are similar cheaper options. I also really love the deals I can get on MK and I honestly think that adds to the bag for me. [emoji51]

I recently bought a Jet Set Tote and now the Grayson and I'm hoping they calm my itch for an LV.

I keep going back and forth... one minutes I NEED a Speedy B... one minute I NEED a Neverfull MM... the next minute I can't believe I'd be willing to spend that much on a purse.

Don't get me wrong, I love the looks of the LV purses, but like you pointed out, there are similar cheaper options. I also really love the deals I can get on MK and I honestly think that adds to the bag for me. [emoji51]

I recently bought a Jet Set Tote and now the Grayson and I'm hoping they calm my itch for an LV.
Personally, I would stick with the MK version of these bags until you're absolutely sure you love the style and would carry it tons. I like the Speedy, but not the issue with sagging. I like the Neverfull, but not the issues with the shoulder straps and top edge leather.

Reactions: bellevie0891
Personally, I would stick with the MK version of these bags until you're absolutely sure you love the style and would carry it tons. I like the Speedy, but not the issue with sagging. I like the Neverfull, but not the issues with the shoulder straps and top edge leather.

I sold a couple of my MK bags so I decided to make the two hour drive to the closest Louis Vuitton store...

It was my first time in an LV store so I strolled around to check everything out. Decided to try on the Speedy 25, Neverfull MM and the Delightful PM because they were the ones I was most interested in on his website and thought they would be my best choice for a starter piece. After I went back and forth trying the three on I couldn't help but be a little disappointed. Almost felt as if I was missing something. :sad:

I DO NOT WANT ANY LV BUYERS TO TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY. I'M NOT TRYING TO TALK DOWN ANY BRAND OR SAY ONE IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER AT ALL, JUST POSTING MY FEELINGS. WE ALL LIKE WHAT WE LIKE AND THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE IN MY BOOK :biggrin:

I looked the bags up and down, inside and out. Felt the materials. Tried them on more times that I could count. Sat them next to my LG Selma. Asked my daughter a hundred times which she preferred lol. Tried to picture which I would be happiest with and get the most use from. Which MK bags I would be willing to let go of to help cover the costs of this one bag.

After all of that I really didn't feel like I needed any of them, but decided to purchase the NF any ways because I absolutely loved the looks of the Damier Ebene with the Rose Ballerine lining on the LV site and everyone's posted pictures here on the PF.

We got out to the car, I pulled the NF out of the orange box to look it over once again, really started looking over the sides, bottom, top and inside. Noticed almost instantly the top edge trim was very uneven. One side was taller than the other side. Kept looking the bag over, thinking if it was worth walking back in and asking for another bag. Then noticed the strap on the pouch :sad: The one side where it loops through the slit in the leather was almost completely torn through. :sad: Definitely wasn't okay with that!
Trekked back through the mall. Waited for someone to be free to help me. Swapped the NF out for another. This one is still a tad crooked at the trim but not even half as bad as the first and the pouch strap looks perfect! I also requested a new box and matching box, I noticed when taking the bag out in the car that the box had stains on the back and was crumpled up in the corner like it had been dropped, I had been given the orange box and a brown bag with the first bag. Normally wouldn't make a fuss over something like that but it was a huge purchase for me and I planned on keeping both the bag and box for some time sort of as keepsakes of my purchase.

I took the bag out once again when I got to the car to stare at it on my way home :smile: Get about 15 minutes down the road and it hits me... there was no receipt in the new box. Ugh... had to drive back and go into the mall for a third time.

So I get back home and I'm still unsure of my purchase. Still not sure which MK's I'm willing to let go of to keep it. I pull a few MK's out to have my family tell me their honest opinions ( My Jet Set Tote, Selma, Grayson and Cindy). Mind you my kids and husband do not care anything about handbags lol. But they all were instantly hands down and firm that they did not like the NF. They looked it over, held it against the MK's, felt the materials. The only one that knew how much the LV cost was my husband, but I purchased the bag myself with my own money, so his opinion was not affected at all by the cost :P I made comments on how some people think MK has "copied" LV by having such similar styles. My husband actually said "Well, Michael Kors made them better!".

They all kept saying that they were visually attracted to the MK's. They thought the materials felt better. They loved all the pockets in the MK's. Thought the MK's looked better when worn. Liked the metal details on the MK's.

So.... I've been staring at the NF all week. Still thinking she is beautiful. I've packed her up with my things, tried her on over and over. But still don't feel the love like I have in the past for other bags I've had. The strap drop feels too short, the bag feels a tad big. The pouch is very flat, so it doesn't zip up well with the items I planned on using in it are in there. It also bothers me there are no protective feet on the bag. I thought about exchanging it for a Delightful. Thought about keeping it and actually using it to see if the love comes...

But then the past day or so its come to me that I really don't think LV is for me. While they still look beautiful to me, I can't justify the price. I'm taking the NF back this weekend. Its really given me a new appreciation for my other bags!

I sold a couple of my MK bags so I decided to make the two hour drive to the closest Louis Vuitton store...

It was my first time in an LV store so I strolled around to check everything out. Decided to try on the Speedy 25, Neverfull MM and the Delightful PM because they were the ones I was most interested in on his website and thought they would be my best choice for a starter piece. After I went back and forth trying the three on I couldn't help but be a little disappointed. Almost felt as if I was missing something. :sad:

I DO NOT WANT ANY LV BUYERS TO TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY. I'M NOT TRYING TO TALK DOWN ANY BRAND OR SAY ONE IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER AT ALL, JUST POSTING MY FEELINGS. WE ALL LIKE WHAT WE LIKE AND THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE IN MY BOOK :biggrin:

I looked the bags up and down, inside and out. Felt the materials. Tried them on more times that I could count. Sat them next to my LG Selma. Asked my daughter a hundred times which she preferred lol. Tried to picture which I would be happiest with and get the most use from. Which MK bags I would be willing to let go of to help cover the costs of this one bag.

After all of that I really didn't feel like I needed any of them, but decided to purchase the NF any ways because I absolutely loved the looks of the Damier Ebene with the Rose Ballerine lining on the LV site and everyone's posted pictures here on the PF.

We got out to the car, I pulled the NF out of the orange box to look it over once again, really started looking over the sides, bottom, top and inside. Noticed almost instantly the top edge trim was very uneven. One side was taller than the other side. Kept looking the bag over, thinking if it was worth walking back in and asking for another bag. Then noticed the strap on the pouch :sad: The one side where it loops through the slit in the leather was almost completely torn through. :sad: Definitely wasn't okay with that!
Trekked back through the mall. Waited for someone to be free to help me. Swapped the NF out for another. This one is still a tad crooked at the trim but not even half as bad as the first and the pouch strap looks perfect! I also requested a new box and matching box, I noticed when taking the bag out in the car that the box had stains on the back and was crumpled up in the corner like it had been dropped, I had been given the orange box and a brown bag with the first bag. Normally wouldn't make a fuss over something like that but it was a huge purchase for me and I planned on keeping both the bag and box for some time sort of as keepsakes of my purchase.

I took the bag out once again when I got to the car to stare at it on my way home :smile: Get about 15 minutes down the road and it hits me... there was no receipt in the new box. Ugh... had to drive back and go into the mall for a third time.

So I get back home and I'm still unsure of my purchase. Still not sure which MK's I'm willing to let go of to keep it. I pull a few MK's out to have my family tell me their honest opinions ( My Jet Set Tote, Selma, Grayson and Cindy). Mind you my kids and husband do not care anything about handbags lol. But they all were instantly hands down and firm that they did not like the NF. They looked it over, held it against the MK's, felt the materials. The only one that knew how much the LV cost was my husband, but I purchased the bag myself with my own money, so his opinion was not affected at all by the cost :P I made comments on how some people think MK has "copied" LV by having such similar styles. My husband actually said "Well, Michael Kors made them better!".

They all kept saying that they were visually attracted to the MK's. They thought the materials felt better. They loved all the pockets in the MK's. Thought the MK's looked better when worn. Liked the metal details on the MK's.

So.... I've been staring at the NF all week. Still thinking she is beautiful. I've packed her up with my things, tried her on over and over. But still don't feel the love like I have in the past for other bags I've had. The strap drop feels too short, the bag feels a tad big. The pouch is very flat, so it doesn't zip up well with the items I planned on using in it are in there. It also bothers me there are no protective feet on the bag. I thought about exchanging it for a Delightful. Thought about keeping it and actually using it to see if the love comes...

But then the past day or so its come to me that I really don't think LV is for me. While they still look beautiful to me, I can't justify the price. I'm taking the NF back this weekend. Its really given me a new appreciation for my other bags!
Sounds like you really thought this through and gave LV a chance. LV makes some beautiful bags, but I personally think you really should love the style/material/craftsmanship and know you'll use the bag tons before purchasing since it's such an expensive purchase. I, too, have found the quality and style of many of my MK bags preferable to similar styles by the higher end designers. I think MK did a better, more streamlined, version of the Celine Phantom/Luggage totes with the Selma. MK did a beautiful, affordable, contemporary version of the Hermes Birkin with the Hamilton. (And who can afford a Birkin anyway?!) The MK Jet Set Top Zip Tote is a well-made alternative to the LV Totally. The MK Grayson is an affordable alternative to the LV Speedy. And the list goes on and on.

My problem with the LV Neverfull is that the strap drop is too short and there are lots of documented problems with the straps and top edge leather stretching and cracking (especially in DE canvas). I don't think they're as well made as they look. And I tend to gravitate to more structured bags, so don't like that the LV Speedy sags. These are just my personal issues with specific, more popular styles. I still adore my LV Alma, Galliera, and Brea. LV makes some beautiful bags, but they aren't for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellevie0891
Sounds like you really thought this through and gave LV a chance. LV makes some beautiful bags, but I personally think you really should love the style/material/craftsmanship and know you'll use the bag tons before purchasing since it's such an expensive purchase. I, too, have found the quality and style of many of my MK bags preferable to similar styles by the higher end designers. I think MK did a better, more streamlined, version of the Celine Phantom/Luggage totes with the Selma. MK did a beautiful, affordable, contemporary version of the Hermes Birkin with the Hamilton. (And who can afford a Birkin anyway?!) The MK Jet Set Top Zip Tote is a well-made alternative to the LV Totally. The MK Grayson is an affordable alternative to the LV Speedy. And the list goes on and on.

My problem with the LV Neverfull is that the strap drop is too short and there are lots of documented problems with the straps and top edge leather stretching and cracking (especially in DE canvas). I don't think they're as well made as they look. And I tend to gravitate to more structured bags, so don't like that the LV Speedy sags. These are just my personal issues with specific, more popular styles. I still adore my LV Alma, Galliera, and Brea. LV makes some beautiful bags, but they aren't for everyone.

Agree 100% [emoji4] I've tried so many MK's (and other brands) and really feel like I get the most bang for my buck with the MK's I currently have.

LV is the only high end I've really felt drawn to. And I'm glad that I did get a chance to bring it home, pack it up, try it on and think more about it!

I'm very careful with my things, but it does give me a good feeling knowing if something did happen and a bag was ruined I wouldn't be taking as big of a loss as I would with an LV purchase.

He most definitely has some beautiful bags! Glad you love yours [emoji173]️

Reactions: ubo22