Men's LV Club

Does it still have the logo-embossed leather trim on the sides?

It looks like this (pictured on my Apollo Messenger MM):

View attachment 4032176
I also just purchased the redesigned Apollo backpack last weekend. The leather trim is still on the sides but it is no longer embossed instead it’s just plain leather. The front pocket now has leather trim on the top and the front tab has been moved to the front pocket. The other notable change is the Apollo’s straps which are now more comfortable due to mesh on the underside of the straps compared to the previous versions all leather straps.

I also just purchased the redesigned Apollo backpack last weekend. The leather trim is still on the sides but it is no longer embossed instead it’s just plain leather. The front pocket now has leather trim on the top and the front tab has been moved to the front pocket. The other notable change is the Apollo’s straps which are now more comfortable due to mesh on the underside of the straps compared to the previous versions all leather straps.
That sounds like they "redesigned" it to make it less expensive to produce while still being able to charge the same premium price as before. Unfortunate.

Last edited:

Sounds like they have replaced the full leather straps with the mesh straps of Josh backpack. To me, they have replaced all the features I prefer Apollo over Josh. Sigh.

Does anyone here use a Porte Cartes Double or Neo Porte Cartes as a front pocket wallet? I'm wondering if it can withstand being taken in and out of the front pocket of a pair of jeans regularly or if it will wear out too fast and is really only appropriate for carrying in bags. I'm looking for something to rotate with my current Pocket Organizer, and I'm wondering if I want to go with another one since I love them so much or if I want to try something different.

Does anyone here use a Porte Cartes Double or Neo Porte Cartes as a front pocket wallet? I'm wondering if it can withstand being taken in and out of the front pocket of a pair of jeans regularly or if it will wear out too fast and is really only appropriate for carrying in bags. I'm looking for something to rotate with my current Pocket Organizer, and I'm wondering if I want to go with another one since I love them so much or if I want to try something different.
I used the Néo Porte Cartes in Macassar for several years and it was very often in my front or back pocket. Still looked great when I bought my PO last fall. I actually miss it.

Reactions: ultravisitor

I have a Neo Porte Cartes in DG and one in Epí. They are mostly used in the inside pocket of my jacket/blazer, but in warmer weather they’re always in a front pants (mostly jeans) pocket. They are both 3 years old and are my only wallets. I don’t see wear on either—other than slight bending/stretching from the items I put in them. No tears, no rips, no de-glazing, no loose stitching. Hope this helps