May 2021 Purchases!

Not a purchase post, but I need the forum's help. I bought a blue small gate bag (which I posted here), but I also own the large gate bum bag. I obvs don't need both. Which one would you keep?

Not a purchase post, but I need the forum's help. I bought a blue small gate bag (which I posted here), but I also own the large gate bum bag. I obvs don't need both. Which one would you keep?

Do you use the bum bag? Which bag have you been using more frequently?

Personally I prefer smaller bags since I don’t carry much but it really depends on what fits your needs and lifestyle. How long have you had the bum bag and how often have you worn it?

Some people don’t mind having multiple of a similar style for example, there are some folks here who have a few puzzles in different colours. Are the bags different enough for you to consider keeping both if you can’t pick one to keep?

Do you use the bum bag? Which bag have you been using more frequently?

Personally I prefer smaller bags since I don’t carry much but it really depends on what fits your needs and lifestyle. How long have you had the bum bag and how often have you worn it?

Some people don’t mind having multiple of a similar style for example, there are some folks here who have a few puzzles in different colours. Are the bags different enough for you to consider keeping both if you can’t pick one to keep?

Ive had the bum bag for a year now, but due to the pandemic, really haven't used it. I haven't used the other one yet because I'm still deciding.

Congrats - what a find!
I have the exact same one (small steel blue) and love it to bits! It’s so easy and awesome - had it for quite some time and loved it so much so that I ended up buying a light caramel one (same size) a few months back. Light caramel is gorgeous and fun, but Steel Blue is my first love and a trusted companion.

Last edited:
One could argue that there might be a place for both, but if you need to choose one - I would keep the small gate.
Here is a pic of mine - my Steel Blue is nearly 2 yrs old and it prompted me to eventually add another one to my collection :smile:.

2508D380-B530-4A0D-A9BA-B461F704ED21.jpeg

Last edited:
This is heavilly fuelled by emotion because the first time I saw a gate bag was Tilda Swinton wearing it. I love her aesthetic, immediately fell for the bag and first loves never die.

There are people who love the bum bag and will actually use it as such, but I think most of us saw the bum bag as a trendy fad. If you don't need both, I would keep the classic and feel this is the time to sell the bum bag.

This is heavilly fuelled by emotion because the first time I saw a gate bag was Tilda Swinton wearing it. I love her aesthetic, immediately fell for the bag and first loves never die.

There are people who love the bum bag and will actually use it as such, but I think most of us saw the bum bag as a trendy fad. If you don't need both, I would keep the classic and feel this is the time to sell the bum bag.

I used the bum bag the other day and wasn't in love with anymore. It's too bulky on the body. I just submitted it to Fashionphile, here's hoping for a good quote.

Reactions: Cardamom and Egel