Matching diamond pairs for earrings

They are perfect! I went through something similar. I had a pair about the same size you did from Blue Nile. I ended up going to a favorite jewelry store (XIV Karats in BH) and went through many diamonds to find my pair (a little over 1 CT each earring). So, we are earring twins. I'm not sure what I will do with my Blue Nile pair. I guess save them for my daughter.

They are perfect! I went through something similar. I had a pair about the same size you did from Blue Nile. I ended up going to a favorite jewelry store (XIV Karats in BH) and went through many diamonds to find my pair (a little over 1 CT each earring). So, we are earring twins. I'm not sure what I will do with my Blue Nile pair. I guess save them for my daughter.

Thank you! Your new earrings sound gorgeous :heart:

Are your old pair set in the same metal? I am keeping mine as they are set in 18k yellow gold and the new ones are in platinum, so will be worn with different pieces as I never mix metals with earrings/necklaces. I also know I would never be able to afford to buy the same quality studs again (apart from other factors they are D colour which I thought was overkill at the time but I really love the whiteness with the yellow gold setting).

Thank you! Your new earrings sound gorgeous :heart:

Are your old pair set in the same metal? I am keeping mine as they are set in 18k yellow gold and the new ones are in platinum, so will be worn with different pieces as I never mix metals with earrings/necklaces. I also know I would never be able to afford to buy the same quality studs again (apart from other factors they are D colour which I thought was overkill at the time but I really love the whiteness with the yellow gold setting).
My old pair from Blue Nile are set in platinum 3 prong martini settings with push lock backs. My new pair are four prong martini in white gold with large/mega backs. I find they actually sits on my ears much nicer. So, visually, the larger pair just look bigger and sit better. I could have sold the first pair to the jeweler, but it wasn't worth it, so I'll just hang on to them for now.

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: Onebagtoomany
My old pair from Blue Nile are set in platinum martini settings with push lock backs. My new pair are four prong in white gold with large/mega backs. I find they actually sits on my ears much nicer. So, visually, the larger pair just look bigger and sit better. I could have sold the first pair to the jeweler, but it wasn't worth it, so I'll just hang on to them for now.

That makes perfect sense and you are wise to keep the original pair given the crazy selling prices now - it’s difficult to make even 50% of what you originally paid :sad: That’s another reason why I wouldn’t sell mine, it’s just not worth it.

Reactions: Pevi and joheinous