LV Christmas Animation - 2021

I deeply hate the style of the artworks. When they first started with drawing on the canvas for seasonal pieces more than 15 years ago, the style was very different. Just think about the Groom Collection. Those drawings had a hand-drawn style and looked like something that an artisan could do by hand. These are now very sterile, it screams that all the lines are computer generated and computer painted.
+1: the Épi Sirius (or Porte Documents Voyage) that the bear is having in the car hasn't been available for years, since Vuitton is bleeding out the core collection.
I agree with you- the whole look and vibe changed dramatically with the Vivienne character. My Groom and trunks and Downton Abbey/Edwardian people animation pieces are my most cherished. I wish they would bring back these heritage inspired graphics.

But we cannot help ourselves (me included) when it comes to these fun little SLGs when the holidays roll around!

No pre-orders at all? That means hoping that my SA will get hold of the item for me on launch day? Or calling CS on launch day?
In Europe we can still preorder canvas. Don’t need to be a VIP or nominated. Last year preorders started end of August, with release date mid-September, so depending on the release date this year, timing should be similar. I would let your SA know you’re interested so they can contact you when they have more info.

In Europe we can still preorder canvas. Don’t need to be a VIP or nominated. Last year preorders started end of August, with release date mid-September, so depending on the release date this year, timing should be similar. I would let your SA know you’re interested so they can contact you when they have more info.
Thank you! :flowers:

Agreeing with @bigverne28 :heart:

I’m not believing the whole “no preorder on canvas” thing b/c that’s what they said for By the Pool and I had no issues prepaying for those items 1 month prior to that release. The only difference I’ve noticed is, since last year, Christmas Animation stock availability has decreased significantly. Many items were sold out in Canada before making it online.

Best bet is to reach out to web CS or an SA to preorder IMO.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Agreeing with @bigverne28 :heart:

I’m not believing the whole “no preorder on canvas” thing b/c that’s what they said for By the Pool and I had no issues prepaying for those items 1 month prior to that release. The only difference I’ve noticed is, since last year, Christmas Animation stock availability has decreased significantly. Many items were sold out in Canada before making it online.

Best bet is to reach out to web CS or an SA to preorder IMO.

Good luck everyone :smile:
I think the no preorder is dependent on territory so doesn’t apply to all countries. I’ve never had an issue preordering canvas, including for BTP and the men’s watercolour collection. In Europe the animation was readily available last year with stock still around until mid-November. I think the themes this year are much better, so stock may sell out quicker. I also think it will depend on if all 4 themes are available worldwide or if they’ll be exclusive to each country.

I've never owned one of these christmas animated items. About how much do the mini pochettes run, US? And do the designs tend to wear off over time?

Last year collections, the MP cost $470 plus tax in US. Maybe a little bit more now. I don’t use mine alot so it’s still looks pretty good brand new. Maybe others who use them often can tell about wear off on the print.

Hi all, i am new to LV Christmas collection , and i heard different things from only VIP have access , no pre-order, no reservations, you can only stalk from LV website….
I am base in US and definitely not a VIP and have no regular LV SA…
Would anyone be able to tell me (share insight) on how would I get ahold on the collection?
Thank you very much!!!

I am not a VIP either but I do have a CA who I regularly buy from. If you shop in the store try to stick to one CA for your purchases therefore she/he can help you with preorder items or letting you know the launch date of new collections, reserve items on the launch day (if no preorder allowed, especially canvas items here in US). The collections will also be available online, you just have to stalk the website on the launch day in order to get it, be sure to try at midnight because that’s when the website is updated with new items. If you’re late then most of the time the items are pretty much sold out already. Last but not least you can always contact LV customer service to order it.
Good luck dear, hope you can get what you want from this collections.