Luxury Shopping in Paris (General)

Avenue Montaigne has many designer shops (Chanel, LV, Roger Vivier & a host of other

Blvd St Germain is also quite lovely & besides Le Bon Marche, Au Printemps &
Galerie Lafayette just some wonderful boutiques all around the city

If you are a fan of CL's don't miss the boutique.. quite fab!

The French pharmacies are quite fun & you can get lost in them for a long time..LOL

There is a wonderful Lanvin exhibit on now as well as a button exhibition that
is quite outstanding

Enjoy!!

Love Galerie Lafayette! Definitely check that out if you can :smile:

Bon Marche is the best IMO....I would start there (you can spend a whole day) and then go on to Galeries Lafayette if you like department stores. Both have big Marant selections. Of course all the brands you mention have a few boutiques around the city as well. I like the St.-Germain area (not so much the actual Blvd) for walking around and popping into boutiques.
Don't forget to get your VAT refund - the big stores can process it right there and you may even get your refund in cash on the spot (Bon Marche definitely does this).

Bon Marche is the best IMO....I would start there (you can spend a whole day) and then go on to Galeries Lafayette if you like department stores. Both have big Marant selections. Of course all the brands you mention have a few boutiques around the city as well. I like the St.-Germain area (not so much the actual Blvd) for walking around and popping into boutiques.
Don't forget to get your VAT refund - the big stores can process it right there and you may even get your refund in cash on the spot (Bon Marche definitely does this).
Thanks heaps. Will check it out 😊

Third/Fourth Le Bon Marche -- make sure you visit their supermarket next door Le Grand Epiciere for lunch/snacks. Last time my boyfriend got some sandwiches, a split of wine and ate at the park across the street. Best supermarket ever.

You also cannot miss Colette on rue Saint Honore. Its first floor is more fun streetwear/electronics/books and their second floor is very well curated designer clothes and accessories. If I had an unlimited shopping spree anywhere, it would probably be there. http://www.colette.fr/

EDIT: I also really like rue de Charonne by Bastille. Isabel Marant and more indie designers like Sessun are found on that street. It's not hugely popular with tourists - more suited for locals. I have some great finds from around there.

Last edited:
Third/Fourth Le Bon Marche -- make sure you visit their supermarket next door Le Grand Epiciere for lunch/snacks. Last time my boyfriend got some sandwiches, a split of wine and ate at the park across the street. Best supermarket ever.

You also cannot miss Colette on rue Saint Honore. Its first floor is more fun streetwear/electronics/books and their second floor is very well curated designer clothes and accessories. If I had an unlimited shopping spree anywhere, it would probably be there. http://www.colette.fr/

EDIT: I also really like rue de Charonne by Bastille. Isabel Marant and more indie designers like Sessun are found on that street. It's not hugely popular with tourists - more suited for locals. I have some great finds from around there.
That supermarket idea is a great tip! i will definitely check that out... and the picnic sounds so sweet. Thanks for the great ideas

also, if you like other french brands like maje, sandro, claudie pierlot, apc they have their "stocks" , from 2 seasons ago, collections at really good prices :smile: maje has one near le bon marche and sandro's is in le marais

i also really love the max mara stock near bastille metro station. it's a bit hard because they don't speak english and you have to pay in cash or cheque, and you have to be let in but they have some really nice pieces always!

Hi,

I’m in Paris! I know Bon Marche and other department stores but this time I want to visit stand alone stores. I will visit the stores below:

- Hermès 24 Faubourg (I can’t visit the roof top garden right?)
- Van Cleef & Arpel Vendome

Please do recommend if you know the most beautiful luxe shops in Paris.
Thank you so much in advance! xx

What are you look for specifically? You will see Prada, Chanel, LV, D&G , Dior, Bottega,
Balenciaga, Gucci & a host of other luxury shops
Stroll Place Vendome & you will see luxury bijoux stores
Walk on Avenue Montaigne as well as Fauborg St Honore
The left bank Blvd St Germain has some wonderful shops as well
Paris is a walking city so have fun exploring.. There are many luxury shops scattered around
that are not represented here in the US & are wonderful to see

Last edited:
Reactions: cafecreme15 and BBC
When shopping in Paris, I prefer shopping at small boutiques that offer divine items not readily available anywhere else in the world. Walking around the tiny backstreets of the Marais and St Germain is ideal for this. I love Ateliers de la Maille, a cashmere shop.

Reactions: BBC
Hello Everyone!

I’m planning a trip to Paris from the States for March 2020 and want to have one day dedicated to shopping.

Recommendations? Any tips or tricks? Planning blog/forum posts I should read to help create a shopping day itinerary? Best consignment stores or places to get the best deal? How does the tax/vat refund work? I hope to check out mostly LV, YSL, Cartier, and Dior but I’m open to anything.

TIA!

Last edited:
You will find detailed info re the VAT refund in a separate thread. Tons of posts.

There are several luxury shopping areas. Rue Cambone/Chanel; St Honore/Hermes. LV, Goyard and other luxury stores are all around. One option might be to visit Galleries Lafayette (a new one just opened in addition to the original) which has lots of high end concessions. Bon Marche too. If you google it, there are tons of posts about shopping in Paris, with store addresses etc.

Reactions: Plus Sized Luxury