Loving this Busk and Bask Clutch

oh man....

leather%20tote%20angle.JPG

This has the teak on the bottom too.
I love this tote :love:

This is from their own website.

I've been eyeing this one since I "need" a new tote.

No, that I don't understand ordering from anywhere else since the price is the same. I like to deal directly with the designers, IYKWIM.

Not sure what info. I can post here, but there's a reason I did it through AHAlife.
Sent you a message.

I'm not very happy with Ahalife..

First, there was the incorrect email saying the bag shipped.
Then I received a second email saying it was a mistake, the bag will be shipping by 8/7 (today). Ok fine, mistakes happen.

So I'm looking through old emails, deciding what to delete, save, etc. and I see the original email from Ahalife with the tracking number. At first, I didn't realize it was for the Busk and Bask bag so I click it. I see that I'm expecting something for Monday the 11th.
Then it hits me, it's the bag.
Apparently, the bag was dropped off at UPS ON 8/2.

Here's my two issues:
First, why didn't Ahalife send me an email saying it was shipped on 8/2? I had no idea. Still thought my order was being processed.
This is a huge issue for me as I live in a 35 story building, with 3 doorman, 2 of which are new and don't know me yet.
Had I not been going through my old emails, I wouldn't have known it shipped, and they wouldn't have told me anything was delivered on Monday. So my bag would have sat in the delivery room until I got back from vacation (leaving next week).

Also, on Ahalife's site, it says standard shipping can take up to 5 business days.
Not true, my bag is taking 6 business days. They need to correct it. Yes, I'm being picky about this. That extra day turns into 3 extra days total because now I have to wait out the weekend as well.

Anyway, just crappy customer service on their end for not even letting me know it shipped.

Oh, I didn't know there was a thread for this brand! I saw the clutch on Purseblog and immediately pinned it to my Pinterest board. ☺️ I've been looking for a bag to match my nude heels and this looks appealing. Can't wait to read everyone's reviews!

I'm not very happy with Ahalife..

First, there was the incorrect email saying the bag shipped.
Then I received a second email saying it was a mistake, the bag will be shipping by 8/7 (today). Ok fine, mistakes happen.

So I'm looking through old emails, deciding what to delete, save, etc. and I see the original email from Ahalife with the tracking number. At first, I didn't realize it was for the Busk and Bask bag so I click it. I see that I'm expecting something for Monday the 11th.
Then it hits me, it's the bag.
Apparently, the bag was dropped off at UPS ON 8/2.

Here's my two issues:
First, why didn't Ahalife send me an email saying it was shipped on 8/2? I had no idea. Still thought my order was being processed.
This is a huge issue for me as I live in a 35 story building, with 3 doorman, 2 of which are new and don't know me yet.
Had I not been going through my old emails, I wouldn't have known it shipped, and they wouldn't have told me anything was delivered on Monday. So my bag would have sat in the delivery room until I got back from vacation (leaving next week).

Also, on Ahalife's site, it says standard shipping can take up to 5 business days.
Not true, my bag is taking 6 business days. They need to correct it. Yes, I'm being picky about this. That extra day turns into 3 extra days total because now I have to wait out the weekend as well.

Anyway, just crappy customer service on their end for not even letting me know it shipped.

Did your bag arrive? What do you think?

Did your bag arrive? What do you think?

The design is gorgeous, but the leather will discolor (the edges already have and are starting to look dirty), and any creases in the leather will kill the look. It needs to stay very smooth.

Also, I haven't figured out how to attach the strap. I mean there really is no way to do it. I tried, my hubs tried, and friends have tried too.
Either we're all idiots that are missing something, or there's no way to do it on my clutch.

Maybe I'm just used to my Balenciaga bags, but I just don't love the leather they use.

Again, the design is gorgeous, the execution.. hmm.. well, there's room for improvement.