Louis Vuitton Price Increase Master Thread

I highly disagree with you here my dear. Many of your points are just a little out there sorry. Quality being better than the real deal? Not being able to tell the difference? LV taking back fakes and reselling? People resorting to replicas because of a price increase? Yes just a bag at the end of the day but not a replica bag. . . In essence if one wants something bad enough they will figure out how to obtain it - price increase or not. Does not push any one really to buy a replica. Especially someone who has owned the real thing. Those buying replicas have always bought replicas. Well I guess this is a tad off topic.
bag is a bag is a bag to the end is a bag, no matter how low how high the price is its just a bag a baggg :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
bag is a bag is a bag to the end is a bag, no matter how low how high the price is its just a bag a baggg :smile: nor does it really matter fake or original or whatever its just a bagggg :smile:

I highly doubt most who hold that opinion would be on a forum like this, or buy into fakes to begin with; if it's not the sense of "prestige" being attached to these brands, why wouldn't people just buy less expensive bags? There are plenty contemporary labels you can choose from for $600.

Reactions: Sandra.AT
I highly doubt most who hold that opinion would be on a forum like this, or buy into fakes to begin with; if it's not the sense of "prestige" being attached to these brands, why wouldn't people just buy less expensive bags? There are plenty contemporary labels you can choose from for $600.
that's what I was trying to say, people wanted to have certain bags, when they can afford they buy it, when they have to save for a while to buy it many will do, when it becomes the price many can't afford even lets say save for 5 years, 10 years, what would they do if there is another option to have the exact bag for 1/10 cost? or 1/50 cost? (may not be the exact percentage, just make an example)

that's what I was trying to say, people wanted to have certain bags, when they can afford they buy it, when they have to save for a while to buy it many will do, when it becomes the price many can't afford even lets say save for 5 years, 10 years, what would they do if there is another option to have the exact bag for 1/10 cost? or 1/50 cost? (may not be the exact percentage, just make an example)

And that's the thing-why would they automatically resort to fakes, and not another brand altogether? The Coach Parker seems rather inspired by the Chanel flap design, and I'd buy that over the counterfeits anyday. There was a time I liked the Prada saffiano bags, but I wasn't ready to fork out 2K+; Givenchy antigona are also my thing, so I happily spent on the Coach borough instead. Those are well-made, seem to have some features of both, and costs a fraction of the premier designs.

Reactions: Sandra.AT
And that's the thing-why would they automatically resort to fakes, and not another brand altogether? The Coach Parker seems rather inspired by the Chanel flap design, and I'd buy that over the counterfeits anyday. There was a time I liked the Prada saffiano bags, but I wasn't ready to fork out 2K+; Givenchy antigona are also my thing, so I happily spent on the Coach borough instead. Those are well-made, and at a fraction of the cost compared to the premier designs.
because coach doesn't sell, I don't care how well they made, the reseller market a fake LV, a fake chanel sell faster, higher profit than an authentic coach.

I still have one coach bag, $228 just 5 years ago could had sold for $100, could sell $80 3 years ago, could sell $50 a year ago, now, maybe $10? I already give up on selling it, not worth my time.

@onlyk
I don’t know how much you know about counterfeit goods, but your money supports drug cartels, child labor, and terrorism. This is why buying a real Louis Vuitton is very different from buying a fake Louis Vuitton.
I don't believe that saying, many of the fake bags are from china, they just business people, lower cost labors trying to make money, higher profit for them for making fake bags than making off brand bags. china doesnt have big drug, terrorism, child labor problem compares to other parts of the world.
of course, I'm not saying I support buying fake bags, just saying I don't believe that saying.

I don't believe that saying, many of the fake bags are from china, they just business people, lower cost labors trying to make money, higher profit for them for making fake bags than making off brand bags. china doesnt have big drug, terrorism, child labor problem compares to other parts of the world.
of course, I'm not saying I support buying fake bags, just saying I don't believe that saying.

Well, then I think it's time for you to learn a bit about this "counterfeit business". I work in the industry and if you think buying a counterfeit bag is harmless, it's a "victimless crime" then think again. Your ideas are a bit naïve if I'm being totally honest. It's true that counterfeit goods are linked to terrorism and crime. Making and distributing counterfeit goods is how Chinese gangs make their money. The government also loses tax revenue on these transactions. It also leads to brand dilution and also cost all of us money to pay for the law enforcement to crack down these counterfeit distributions. Hundred of thousands of dollars, if not millions, go to the police each year to stop these "business people who are just trying to make money". And in cases of fake perfume, you also face the risk of being exposed to harmful chemicals.

Now I don't care how someone spends their money. But don't try to normalize this criminal act and think that because you're spending less money on a fake bag that you're wiser with your money.

To get back on topic, I would like to add that the price increases have happened on single items over here in Europe. For example most bandeaus have had an increase of 8% this week.

I haven’t spotted an increase on any of the current popular bags so far, neither on slgs (at least of those I’m familiar with their prices).

Reactions: lovingmybags

Sorry, with rising labor costs in China, suppliers are trying to lower expenditures-and one of the ways is child labor. Some of the workers are kidnapped, and forced to slave away around 15 or 16 hours a day. The NYT article is from 2008, but the other two are as recent as November 2016.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/01/world/asia/01china.html

http://www.china.org.cn/china/2016-11/26/content_39791599.htm

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...ies-eastern-china-import-child-labour-migrant

Last edited:
Reactions: miumiu2046
Sorry, with rising labor costs in China, suppliers are trying to lower expenditures-and one of the ways is child labor. Some of the workers are kidnapped, and forced to slave away around 15 or 16 hours a day. The NYT article is from 2008, but the other two are as recent as November 2016.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/01/world/asia/01china.html

http://www.china.org.cn/china/2016-11/26/content_39791599.htm

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...ies-eastern-china-import-child-labour-migrant
appreciate you went and found all these articles, don't have time to read these though, you can believe what you read and I can believe what I believe, thanks again for your effort:smile: