Longest wearing nail polish?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I find that Formula X (unfortunately being discontinued) lasts the longest and best on me. I always use a base coat (Essie) and top coat (SuperChic). Formula X will last upwards of 12 days on me which absolutely no chipping, even with rough hand use. It's ridiculous. Behind Formula X is OPI in my opinion. It ends up wanting to "peel" around the edges which then gets caught in my hair and I cause chips. But that's not until 7-9 days.

2. I agree, Formula X is great on me also. I've gone two weeks without chipping! By then I had to remove it because it started looking odd due to nail growth and not because the polish was chipping off. The best of other brands have only lasted 4-5 days for me without damage.

I'm kind of bummed that Formula X being discontinued, but at least I could pick up a whole bunch of colors on clearance. I also saw sets of "The System" (nail cleanser, base coat, top coat) at TJMaxx for $6 recently, which is a fantastic deal.

uhpharm01 and Kelly M like this.
  3. If you want long lasting you should try shellac. Personally I like OPI shellac because of its range of colors. Right now I have yet to change my color it has been 1 month and I have no chipping.

4. I heard that shellac isn't very healthy for your hands.

5. SNS is a good alternative to shellac, it is long wearing after 4 weeks i had no chipping
    is meant to be healthier for your nails than shellac

staceyjan and uhpharm01 like this.
  6. Good to know. Thank you, I am going to check it out.

7. Thank you, everyone! After months of experimenting w different polish, I like Essie no light gel polish. It stays on for 10 days!

PewPew likes this.
  8. Zoya and OPI. I just bought a Sally Hansen Gel polish in red and it holds up for a week or so. Not bad

carlpsmom and staceyjan like this.
  9. I use OPI nail lacquer and I always do my own nails.....I've never set foot in a nail salon. This polish lasts about 2+ weeks for me and I use my hands......I don't wear gloves when I rinse dishes, etc. I'm a busy Mom but this polish is pretty much all I buy.
    Every few days I'll touch it up when I have a free evening and the time to do so....it's wonderful!

staceyjan likes this.
  10. I like to change my polish regularly, so I don't shop for polishes that last a long time, but I've heard Wet n Wild polishes will last like an entire month.

staceyjan likes this.
  11. I'm still using Essie Corture and still in love with it! I need some new colors and thinking about trying OPI based upon the suggestions here.

12. Anything with Seche Vite as a top coat! Honestly, I have to remove my polish to reapply due to regrowth and cuticle work needed. My toes stay perfect for weeks on end!

I love how it evens out the polish of you put it on whilst the colour coat is not totally dry. And it dries itself and the colour soooo fast; I never bother doing my nails unless I have it to hand. It adds extra shine too I think.

13. I am new to trying to do my own nails. I was looking for brands, Read here and have started to begin a new obsession! I have 3 cases that are filled! I am on a Zoya roll.
    I have others, as well, Urban Decay lasts! Sally Hansen and so on
    I had never been able to grow my nails but the hair skin and nails vitamins has changed that! Wish me luck!

14. I only polish my toes, but love Zoya!

carlpsmom likes this.
  15. The Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy polish line is awesome; but I agree that use of a good topcoat makes all the difference in terms of polish staying power.