Longchamp Mademoiselle Line

For those who own this, do you recommend Mademoiselle for others? Any thoughts? I love the classic shape and the colors are amazing (red, tan, and the one with the bright braids on the front panel) but wondering whether I will love it enough to put her in my rotation. What size would you recommend and why? I am hovering between the large and the medium - the small does not work with my lifestyle.

For those who own this, do you recommend Mademoiselle for others? Any thoughts? I love the classic shape and the colors are amazing (red, tan, and the one with the bright braids on the front panel) but wondering whether I will love it enough to put her in my rotation. What size would you recommend and why? I am hovering between the large and the medium - the small does not work with my lifestyle.

I do recommend it - so soft and luxe and just has that look which has mesmerised me from the start ie in the very first photo I saw of it.

Easy to open (can even do it one handed), easy to close, love the front pocket under the flap and it also has a back pocket where you can maybe keep your phone so you don’t have to keep opening the flap.

I love my Medium (26 x 16 x 10cm) for its nice handy size but one thing is it cannot fit my water bottle which I need for work but it’s great otherwise for my downsized needs. It can also fit an A5 notebook along with my wallet and a Le Sport Sac 3 zip pouch. However, not even the smallest water bottle I own can fit inside. Maybe I need to take my Mlle with me for water bottle shopping!

So I love my Large (31 x 22 x 10 cm) because it can fit all the stuff I USED to carry around before downsizing (2 Foulonne pouches are no longer carried daily now) and the water bottle too. Yeah, she’s a mighty dame all right! You might think that the difference in width is not much ie only 5 cm and height difference is only 6 cm but it matters a lot as it means you can also keep that water bottle at the side OR you could put your wallet vertically and create even more space! Though I never have to do that but just a thought.

Just make sure you store it flat, especially so for the Large or the corners start buckling and the bag tilts forward. The Medium is not as tall so the chances of that happening are slimmer but I’m taking no chances with that either.

As for the Ebony one with the braids, it’s the Medium size. If you want it, better get in touch with your SA immediately as it’s LE. My SA told me that they have only 1 in my home country and yeah, I managed to snag it after months of stalking hehe.

I’m now using my Medium one. Come to think of it, I may do a mid week rotation to my Large and try it out now with my downsized belongings cos the last time I used it, I hadn’t downsized yet :biggrin:

Last edited:
For those who own this, do you recommend Mademoiselle for others? Any thoughts?

I own two of the Mademoiselle small hobos (10.2" wide), which is the middle size between the crossbody (8.7" wide) and the medium hobo (12.2" wide), and I'd absolutely recommend it. I LOVE the versatility of this bag. It can be worn crossbody via the removable long strap (with the short handle tucked neatly behind the bag, where it stays put). Or to dress it up a little, you can carry it by the short handle, either thrown over the shoulder or by hand or over the arm. It's very roomy because of its wide depth but it still looks compact and not too big and bulky. It easily holds all my daily essentials--mid-size wallet, cosmetic case, mini umbrella, sunglasses, key case, phone in handy back pocket. The leather is soft and luxurious and it's a beautifully made bag. So far it seems sturdy; I've had no problem with wear issues or scratches, and I carried one of mine on a long trip to France. And not to be overlooked is the fact that it's just a really cool bag that seems distinctively Longchamp and oozes French allure, at least in my opinion lol! :coolio:

Mademoiselle3.jpg Mademoiselle1.jpg