Longchamp- made in China??

I recently posted too about my le piliage heritage crossbody made in China. Blame my small mindedness but I assumed or rather thought that most bags made in China are fakes. I'm sorry.. but I hope from this thread I know that not all that's from China are fakes. Thanks for this thread!
Does it matter where it was made as long as the workshipman was excellent?

Made in China is not synomous with poor workmanship as there are many excellent craftpeople and artisans there. Also, China has a history of leatherwork that dates back at least four thousand years.

Reactions: cheidel
You don't have a small mind. You just want honesty. Most fakes are made in China. Cheap labor, which is so so sad.I too prefer to know where a product is made. If it leads you to believe in France, it should be made in France. Anytime you can't find where a product is made, it's made in China.

I agree with the MIF demand for a brand that touts a French legacy. I buy the pliage bags MIC only when they are on sale. Never, ever at full retail because I feel I am accepting less than what the brand represents and therefore I should get a discount. Longchamp goes on sale so often anyway, it is easy to get them at discount.

In terms of quality of materials and workmanship- I do not see a difference with MIC. Actually, some of the best made bags I own from LP are MIC but I still do not like seeing that tag inside.

At this point in life, with everything that is going on, it DEFINITELY matters to me if something is Made in China, regardless of workmanship.

I for one will check everything I order from now on and buy USA made as often as I can.
Why does it matter if it’s made in China regardless of workmanship? If it’s because of the virus, then it could also be possible anyone handling the bag in the factory in USA could also have the virus.

Why does it matter if it’s made in China regardless of workmanship? If it’s because of the virus, then it could also be possible anyone handling the bag in the factory in USA could also have the virus.

For me, it's just not compatible with the whole "french parisian" Longchamp image.
I live in France and i'm kinda disappointed when i buy a Longchamp item made in China or Romania.

They use the excuse of saying that the french factories are not big enough to fulfill the demand
which i believe but why not just open more of them instead going the easy and cheap route of producing in other countries.... like so many other brands.

I recently received a L LP and the leather flap looked crooked. I kept adjusting it thinking it would stay put and it wouldn't. Checked tag and it was made in China. Was going to send back regardless but never thought of where it was made: I assumed France!

Reactions: Obsessed68
I recently received a L LP and the leather flap looked crooked. I kept adjusting it thinking it would stay put and it wouldn't. Checked tag and it was made in China. Was going to send back regardless but never thought of where it was made: I assumed France!

I think they are usually made in Romania. I personally don’t have a problem with them being made in China. Made in China doesn’t mean low in quality.

Reactions: rickysakura

Most people equate made in China to low quality products. Most 5 dollar shirts were made in China a decade ago and they were low in quality. It became a problem when people expected 30 dollar quality shirt in the 5 dollar shirt.

My personal experience is the China ones are the best and the Tunisia ones are awful. They're so bad they look fake. They feel too soft. They don't have that new crisp bag feel. I returned 3 LePliage mailed from Nordstrom because all 3 were MIT and they were really bad in one way or another. I bought one MIC from the boutique but I had her open up 3 (MIC) to find one that did have any flaws. The MIT from the boutique was really bad. The black paint around the handles was messy and the handles were sewn on crooked. Even the SA thought it was a bad one. If you can't find France, China is the next best thing.

My personal experience is the China ones are the best and the Tunisia ones are awful. They're so bad they look fake. They feel too soft. They don't have that new crisp bag feel. I returned 3 LePliage mailed from Nordstrom because all 3 were MIT and they were really bad in one way or another. I bought one MIC from the boutique but I had her open up 3 (MIC) to find one that did have any flaws. The MIT from the boutique was really bad. The black paint around the handles was messy and the handles were sewn on crooked. Even the SA thought it was a bad one. If you can't find France, China is the next best thing.
I have two crossbodies MIT and they seem fine...Also a large Neo. I think you just have to check all the bags.