Lip Augmentation Via Filler (Restylane, Juvederm, etc.)

I'm looking to get this done soon, but definitely not looking forward to the pain aspect. When they dissolve, do your lips go back to looking how they normally did? Granted, I know you didn't do anything Lisa Rinna-esque so that question may be misappropriated, lol!

I do have a small mouth so here's to hoping, I suppose! I just can't decide on whether I should go through with it and risk loving it + therefore having upkeep or just forget about it.:smile:
it will be painful, but dont think about it too much, its just 5 min procedure and you are done. 5 min pain is not really a big deal.
I think if it makes you look better you should get it and keep it up, usually you would need to inject them twice a year. But I see many girls ruining their looks with lips injected and it just doesn't suit their face or worse they choose wrong doctor and look horrendous. So before you get it done, choose the right doctor. not everyone has great aesthetics.
I once had lip injection done by different doctor and my lips looked awful, so I got hyaluronidase injected to dissolve it and my lips looked the same as before.
My current fillers didn't dissolve completely yet, so I can't tell are they going to look like they used to or not, but I am scared of scar tissue. I am going to discuss it with my doctor next time.
I have a strange lump above my lip (picture attached) which I didn't have before injections so I am going to ask my doctor where it comes from and how get rid of it and then I will post it here so you guys know what to do if you get it too. ( the asymmetry I have in my top lip doesn't come from fillers, thats just how my lips are)

Attachments

• IMG_3655.JPG
    IMG_3655.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,114
Will scar tissue grow over the filler and become permament if we keep filling up the lips before the all the fillers has dissolved?

Anyone tried teosyal kiss? Not sure how popular it is in the states but its certainly is in eu. Ive only tried juvederm so far

I recently had Teosyal Kiss injected in my lips, I had a "mini procedure" with only half a syringe injected. It feels very natural I don't feel anything in my lips at all they just have more volume and my upper lip is now symmetrical, they used the Teosyal to increase the size and symmetry of my cupids bow and focused the majority of the injections on my top lip with just a few injections in my lower lip for volume. i'm told it'll last 6-8 months whereas Teosyal global lasts 4-5 months. :smile:

I recently had Teosyal Kiss injected in my lips, I had a "mini procedure" with only half a syringe injected. It feels very natural I don't feel anything in my lips at all they just have more volume and my upper lip is now symmetrical, they used the Teosyal to increase the size and symmetry of my cupids bow and focused the majority of the injections on my top lip with just a few injections in my lower lip for volume. i'm told it'll last 6-8 months whereas Teosyal global lasts 4-5 months. :smile:

thanks for your input - it's very natural isnt it! teosyal can last up to 12months if youre lucky. i did teosyal kiss in dec and very happy with it, will fill in more for contouring the lips. i tried juvederm before but it barely lasted. the cosmetic nurse that i went to said that if kiss doesnt stay long enough then i can try teosyal ultimate since she does it on very few of her clients who metabolize fillers quicker than others. Ultimate is for wide areas like cheeks.

I then asked another cosmetic nurse from another clinic (who also use teosyal kiss) and she said that she would never inject fillers that are made for face areas like cheeks to the lips since it's too potent. I dont know what to believe. I do want to inject the filler with the longest longevity (exceot permanent fillers) but im also concerned about the con's.

I developed granulomas after lip injections, supposedly Restyline, but could be anything else, cause doctor did not open it in front of me. I would strongly advise against fillers unless your lips are super thin and you are ok with the risk.

Yes, and yes.... it hurts. Not gonna lie. Take a painkiller and have some one drive you, Lol. But I recommend stopping aspirin or nsaids and fish oils about a week out to prevent bruising. You don't want be taking any kind of medication that is a blood thinner about a week prior. I just felt that I was lacking volume in my mid face and around my mouth and also had filler in my upper cheek bones to pull my mid face up a little bit and then we filled in the corners of my mouth slightly and just filled the lip line of my upper lip to smooth it out.

Here's before and after. But i really didn't go for lip volume, Just on the upper lip to smooth those annoying lines that bleed into lip liner. 20170818_140815.jpg before in red glasses.

After in black with shorter hair20170929_212544.jpg

I just got lip fillers today. I was extremely nervous as I hate needles and blood. I made sure to eat before my procedure so I wouldn't feel queasy. Fortunately I never felt that way.

My doctor did a dental block which was 3 injections in the inner top and bottom of my lips. He let me know when there would be a poke. I would say pain wise it was a 5 out of 10. Then my lips went super numb. He did the top lip first. Dental block then the filler. I'll admit I could feel majority of the time the needle went in but the pain was minimal. It felt more like someone had a pencil and was pressing it along my lip line. I would say the pain was maybe a 2 or 3 then. Sometimes I felt a slight sting. By the time he finished half my upper lip I relaxed and closed my eyes so I didn't have to keep seeing the needle above my head. Once I relaxed it hurt a lot less. He did the dental block on my bottom then the filler. The bottom seemed to hurt less. After all was done my lips felt huge and numb. As the block was wearing off I could feel some stinging on my lips here and there. Nothing horrible. It's been about 6 hours later now and hardly any pain. I did take 2 Tylenol and there is some bruising as I am the type who bruises easily. So far I am very happy with my results and I would 100% go through the "pain" to do it again.

I am seriously so embarrassed to post photos of my lips prior to the filler. I had no lips and they were very uneven. This was prior and immediately after.

20171004_180651.jpg

20171004_180726.jpg

I just got my lips done Tuesday. Nothing major, just smoothing out the lines. Hurt....a little but nothing that would stop me from doing it again. I had Juvederm injected about a year ago in the corners to help off set the natual downward droop to my mouth. I don't remember the name of the filler my Dr used this time. It's relatively new & last longer. I wanted to refresh a little bit for a wedding I'm going to in Nov. so I got my botox done as well so everything will be settled in by wedding time.

I've been doing filler for 3 years I top up every 6-8 months it doesn't hurt me but maybe cuz I'm used to it now she pokes small amounts all into the lip and then massages I'll th and find before and after