Lining up for Hermes - thoughts, rants, raves

Just like how they choose who they sell to they should choose who they give appointments to. After a conversation with the sa (during normal business hours) the sa can decide if they will have an appt for same day or next day. No lines, no arguments etc. appt system would be same as bag system... based on rapport and luck. There's no real win solution without something going wrong so we can all agree first come first serve to be fair despite resellers or leave it to the mysterious H ways that we still obviously love.

Reactions: lulilu
Honestly, I don't understand why everyone is so upset about people lining up overnight. Yes, it's a bit weird and it decreases the chance of other people to get the bags that they want, but haven't we all done some crazy things to get our dream bag? Personally, I wouldn't line up overnight, but I understand why some people would want to.

Not really, the point of luxury is about the ease and comfort. Getting a dream bag should be a fun experience, not a nightmare.

Not really, the point of luxury is about the ease and comfort. Getting a dream bag should be a fun experience, not a nightmare.
Well said I spoke to my sa again today in fsh as she mention people only enjoy bag is not the customer they would like to focus...they have so many other products beside leathers...if u show interest in other categories should be easy to get appt then waiting in line

Even I was bit disappointed didn't get my dream bag this time, but it will come

I think Hermes and other brands are doing this because there isn't a better alternative. I know other brands like LV and Chanel make you line up to go into the store as well, so I don't understand what the problem is.

Well said I spoke to my sa again today in fsh as she mention people only enjoy bag is not the customer they would like to focus...they have so many other products beside leathers...if u show interest in other categories should be easy to get appt then waiting in line

Even I was bit disappointed didn't get my dream bag this time, but it will come

I agree with your SA! Many people, especially luxury novices, only care about getting the bag, and don't care about getting 5-star service. Maybe it's not worth Hermes' time to give super amazing personal service to everyone when most people don't care anyways. I know that service is a determining factor for me as to whether I buy from a certain store or not, but many people don't feel this way.

There was a line outside Goyard London store today when I walked pass it. The store itself didn't even look busy inside. Must be a new trend so it seems! :smile:

Goyard Paris has a line too. They limit the number of customers inside to match the available SAs I believe. Since there aren't that many SAs to begin with the store looks kind of empty from the outside.

I think Hermes and other brands are doing this because there isn't a better alternative. I know other brands like LV and Chanel make you line up to go into the store as well, so I don't understand what the problem is.

I guess it is just common in Paris. Because I have been to the Chanel 57th Street in NYC many times and never had to wait on line to get in. Actually, none of the flagship stores (Celine, Hermes, LV, Gucci, Prada, and many others including department stores) here have a huge line to get in even though they are jam packed from the inside.