Like a love bracelet?

I think a platinum one would look lovely.

Its a shame I'm not a yellow gold wearer or I'd pick one of these up in an instant.
Hm there is also always the option of rhodium plating the bangle. I did this once with a very pretty gold plated one. The plating came off and I just sent it in to be replated with 18 kt and it came back looking brand new for just a few bucks. Any jeweler can do this. But of course you have to be sure if you want to do this because then this bracelet will likely cost about 400 - 500 $. I don´t know if this is worth it.
As an another option you could custom design your own "love bracelet" and see what this would cost to do at your local jeweler. Sometimes this isn´t overly expensive - you could choose silver as a main material instead of gold and then have it rhodium plated so it looks like white gold - it would be the perfect size because it´s custom made if, like you said, you have tiny wrists.
Maybe this is an option to think about? How much would be your budget if I might ask?

Hm there is also always the option of rhodium plating the bangle. I did this once with a very pretty gold plated one. The plating came off and I just sent it in to be replated with 18 kt and it came back looking brand new for just a few bucks. Any jeweler can do this. But of course you have to be sure if you want to do this because then this bracelet will likely cost about 400 - 500 $. I don´t know if this is worth it.
As an another option you could custom design your own "love bracelet" and see what this would cost to do at your local jeweler. Sometimes this isn´t overly expensive - you could choose silver as a main material instead of gold and then have it rhodium plated so it looks like white gold - it would be the perfect size because it´s custom made if, like you said, you have tiny wrists.
Maybe this is an option to think about? How much would be your budget if I might ask?

Hmmm I hadn't thought of having my jeweler make something, that's a good idea.

Haha well actually at the moment I don't really have any budget, I'm currently getting a sapphire pendant made for my birthday so that's taking most of my jewelry budget.

I'll still talk to my jeweler and see what he says, it would be a good Christmas present. I quite like the idea of it just being made in silver. Thankyou for your advice

Thanks! I have been eyeing the tacori promise bracelet. I know there are not a lot of fans of it here. Might be worth a look...especially now that they are popping up on the resale sites

I have been eyeing this one, too! But still feel that it is a bit pricey.

On the custom made front, I had an 18kt gold bangle made years ago that's held up well. I also priced out a custom 18kt gold bangle more recently and it would have been about $2500.

I have been eyeing this one, too! But still feel that it is a bit pricey.

On the custom made front, I had an 18kt gold bangle made years ago that's held up well. I also priced out a custom 18kt gold bangle more recently and it would have been about $2500.

I'm looking at the silver, while I would love the two toned gold at that price might as well buy the love!

I admired the Cartier Love bracelet but wasn't sure if I would like the idea of keeping it on all the time. I went to Amazon and they sell the same idea but in Stainless Steel. It is not a copy, it does not have Cartier markings or anything like that. It comes in white, yellow and rose and has the screw system with the little screwdriver. I tried those for awhile to see if I liked it and what sizing I liked. I ended up later buying the Cartier love bracelet. But I loved my stainless steel ones first. It gave me the look and the feel until I was ready to take the plunge.

Reactions: Kelly M
I too really like the oval shape of the Love and the idea about it being screwed on and it stays there. But a.) I'm not really a fan of the screw motif and b.) It's price is so far out of my affordability, that even if I managed to get a real one it would still look like a fake on me due to the rest of my appearance and lifestyle :biggrin: No-one's gonna believe a stay at home mum getting out of a VW hatchback could afford Cartier prices lol.

I would suggest contacting a jeweller or someone on Etsy.com. That's where I get most of my jewellery from these days as I like the little custom tweaks you can request to stop your item being "straight off the shelf". I know unbranded won't carry the value as well, but at least you pay much closer to cost of the raw materials. That being said I totally love the history of Cartier, and if they did a plainer bangle (in rose gold), that would be my dream piece and I'd save like a beast to get it, low budget lifestyle or not! :biggrin:

A good "tester" piece. Not a lot of pennies at all, and should hold up to daily wear at least for a little while:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/215413428/sterling-silver-cuff-with-18k-rose-gold?ref=favs_view_4

However, for a little more character I adore the simple lines and chunky forms that this jeweller uses. I would love to have the fox bangle in 14K rose gold!
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Michaeltatom?ref=l2-shopheader-name

I tried finding alternatives for the longest time until I just went to cartier and got the real thing. it took me over 4 years of thinking and convincing myself of getting one

Can't start a new tread for some reason so I thought I would post here.

I will be purchasing an aldo cipullo charles revson love bracelet, since that is more in my price range but I still want a 'real' piece not some amazon knockoff. I have only seen them in gold, but... I'm more of a white gold and silver girl. I am thinking about having the gold electroplating removed and having it plated over in rhodium instead. Thoughts?? Is that too crazy or weird?