Ladies help with my new setting please ...

Which one ?

• I like first pic

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • I like second pic

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I like thirs pic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I need advice
I'm looking to purchase a preowned diamond from Tiffany
My first option is 1.01 d vs1 no fluorescence
Very good polish symmetry and polish not sure of cut measures up 6.60x 6.55x3.92
My second option is 1.05 d vs2 faint fluorescence
Triple x measures up 6.45x6.49x 5.02
Confused why triple x measures up smaller! Would love to hear thoughts on which stone is better
Thanks x

I like the first setting. With a moderate size center stone the heftier setting will give a little more diamond glare and substance. I really don’t like the diagonal setting. I think it makes the center stone look smaller.

I need advice
I'm looking to purchase a preowned diamond from Tiffany
My first option is 1.01 d vs1 no fluorescence
Very good polish symmetry and polish not sure of cut measures up 6.60x 6.55x3.92
My second option is 1.05 d vs2 faint fluorescence
Triple x measures up 6.45x6.49x 5.02
Confused why triple x measures up smaller! Would love to hear thoughts on which stone is better
Thanks x

Not sure why this post is on this thread but to answer your question, the second diamond is a better cut if it is triple x so obviously the proper deeper depth will make the top surface slightly smaller. Visually the diamond should look better because it should reflect light better rather than let light pass through. Be careful of the flourescence because it’s not “necessary” for a D color diamond. See how it looks in actual daylight, outside to decide if you’re happy with it.