Kate Spade??? Thoughts, experiences good and bad

Love Kate spade the quality is top notch the designs are simple yet beautiful they last and they’re customer service is great.(P.S my collection consists of Kate spade and Louis Vuitton pieces)

I do not have permission to open a new post, so just thought to ask about what you think about choosing one of the following styles - which one is classier (and the lightest)?

1. Cameron Street Mega Lane, in Deep Plum Colour.
2. Cameron Street Lottie - in Deep Plum Colour

OR

3. Cameron Street Maise - in Deep Plum Colour??

Would wear and tear be covered by the customer service/refund/return if they do not have any bullets at the base of the bag?

Do any of these have bullets at the bottom to protect the quality of the bag?

Also, is it possible for someone to open a new topic for this, as it seems that I am not allowed to, and it is already past midnight in Australia?

I have recently started buying several Kate Spade Bags. Actually they now over power my Coach Bags.

The designs are simple yet elegant. The feel of the leather is fabulous. I'm in awe of the 14Kt gold accents, and i just love her logo.

my experience with Kate Spade has been very positive, The sales reps, Customer service treat me really nice. As with Coach.

there is not a special section in the Purse Forum for Kate Spade lovers. But they are well made and High quality.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts.. pros and cons.. hopefully all positive :tup:
I’m so in love with the 2 sets I have. And I love my keychain collection even more. It’s over 90 strong and still growing.

Kate Spade is my one of few favorite bag brands.

Reason to love
1. The design and the print - really playful, unique and also come in more formal designs
2. Durable - as long as you don't abuse it haha
3. Price is ok

Dislike:
Nothing.

I have had my Kate Spade bags for a little under a year now, and the soft pebbled leather has a sort of "chalky" feel that makes it appear that the bags will stain and scuff easily.

The stitching is also awkward enough that the Makayla and Elowen do not fully open up for a good view to the bag. The opening of the bags will eventually lose their shape if you do not take care to stuff this bag whenever it is not in use. To avoid this, I consistently and immediately stuff my bags quite full when not in use. Leather wrinkles from forced stitching at awkward angles is not uncommon on KS bags.

Hardware has not tarnished yet, but I feel like I need to test this over a 5 year period instead of 1.

I also feel like KS should consider removing the plain leather hangtags as they have absolutely no branding. The hangtags are cheaply made and stiff, and detract from otherwise adorable bags.

Overall, the KS retail boutique bags are worth their price for their middle-of-the-road craftsmanship and unique and whimsical design when on sale. There are very few KS bags, charms or accessories for which I would like to pay suggested retail price, unfortunately.

Reactions: kkatrina
I have recently started buying several Kate Spade Bags. Actually they now over power my Coach Bags.

The designs are simple yet elegant. The feel of the leather is fabulous. I'm in awe of the 14Kt gold accents, and i just love her logo.

my experience with Kate Spade has been very positive, The sales reps, Customer service treat me really nice. As with Coach.

there is not a special section in the Purse Forum for Kate Spade lovers. But they are well made and High quality.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts.. pros and cons.. hopefully all positive :tup:

I have a Cobbe Hill Adrien Satchel I bought last year in the Crab Red/Coral Sunset/Parrot Feather colourway. I adore it, but it is probably the most expensive bag I ever bought myself and so I have been slightly afraid to use it. Apparently with good reason - I have used it once and I took it out of the dust bag today to discover a scratch right in the centre of the front of the bag! I could cry. I have conditioned it and buffed it and will look at it again tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else had had trouble with the bags marking badly? I've not had an issue with any of my previous Kate Spades or Michael Kors bags but this is the first I bought in the boutique at full price. Also, has anyone else used a repair service in the UK if I need to get it fixed?

Overall, the KS retail boutique bags are worth their price for their middle-of-the-road craftsmanship and unique and whimsical design when on sale. There are very few KS bags, charms or accessories for which I would like to pay suggested retail price, unfortunately.
Agree. Their newest "Checking In - Car" collection is downright adorable, but definitely not worth $100-$400 they're asking for right now. Luckily, KS does go on sale rather quickly and easily so it's great to snag them when on sale.

However, my annoyance is the Minnie Mouse collection. It is still full-price after it's been on the site for MONTHS. Luckily, sitewide coupon codes does apply to it, but gosh I wish they did go on sale so I can score that Minnie Maise with the current 40% off sale code. Oh well. I will have to wait until there's a 25-30% off sitewide sale so I can finally bring home that adorable little Maise, even though it's probably too small for my iPhone. :P

Reactions: donutsprinkles
I am a big fan of Kate Spade handbags! I have built up a mini-collection! I first saw their bags at the House of Fraser sale where I purchased a light pink Leewood Place Makayla bag, and a Small Isobel tote for my sister. At the time, it was the most expensive bag I had bought, so I was cautious about using it, but I needn't have worried. I have used the Makayla almost everytime I go out - it is a good quality, roomy, practical bag that can stand up to the rain and poor weather conditions of the UK. The only problem is it is easy to pick up colour transfer but this is easy to remove using wet wipes. I love this bag!

Since then, I have purchased some more pieces - a Bayard Place Lacey Wallet (on sale - it reminds me of Gucci bloom style, really pretty and practical) and the Cameron Street Large Lane from the Kate Spade website. The Large Lane, in black, is a useful bag again. It isn't actually that large but I can fit a lot of things in here. The only problem was that the zipper got stuck easily around the corners, which worried me. After usage, the zipper becomes easier to use however! I also just purchased some more items from the House of Fraser sale - the small Abigail Tote in red and the Eniko cross body in red.

I do not have permission to open a new post, so just thought to ask about what you think about choosing one of the following styles - which one is classier (and the lightest)?

1. Cameron Street Mega Lane, in Deep Plum Colour.
2. Cameron Street Lottie - in Deep Plum Colour

OR

3. Cameron Street Maise - in Deep Plum Colour??

Would wear and tear be covered by the customer service/refund/return if they do not have any bullets at the base of the bag?

Do any of these have bullets at the bottom to protect the quality of the bag?

Also, is it possible for someone to open a new topic for this, as it seems that I am not allowed to, and it is already past midnight in Australia?

I have the Cameron Street Large Lane, not the Mega, but I assume the two bags are quite similar? The bag itself is lightweight and you don't have to take care of them too much. The bag does have feet on the bottom, which is another bonus. I don't think general wear and tear is covered by the warranty, only if a fault develops.

Agree. Their newest "Checking In - Car" collection is downright adorable, but definitely not worth $100-$400 they're asking for right now. Luckily, KS does go on sale rather quickly and easily so it's great to snag them when on sale.

However, my annoyance is the Minnie Mouse collection. It is still full-price after it's been on the site for MONTHS. Luckily, sitewide coupon codes does apply to it, but gosh I wish they did go on sale so I can score that Minnie Maise with the current 40% off sale code. Oh well. I will have to wait until there's a 25-30% off sitewide sale so I can finally bring home that adorable little Maise, even though it's probably too small for my iPhone. :P

I love the new car collection too! Do these items usually get sent to the outlet, or does the outlet carry lines that are specifically made for the outlet?

I love the new car collection too! Do these items usually get sent to the outlet, or does the outlet carry lines that are specifically made for the outlet?

Yeah, I think the outlets only carry outlet exclusive items. If any items go unsold I think KS saves them for their surprise sale.

Sigh. I can’t get over this new collection, I want the clutch so bad, it’s so adorable and the details are amazing! But I wish the dice charms were smaller so it wouldn’t make so much noise when you carry the bag. I decided to get the crossbody instead along with the matching hotel key charm and maybe the matching scarf, too. Ugh this collection is going to make me broke.

Psst, Kate Spade... hurry up with the next 25% sale already, I need at least 2 more of these car goodies in my collection!! Hurry up!!

Reactions: Alliekatt29