Juste Un Clou Bracelet (JUC) Discussion

Question for you: some people mentioned that the new bracelet is more round and thicker throughout. I have had the new version for a few months before starting to have problems with the lock and exchanging for the old version. Personally I didn't notice this difference in shape or that the older version is less substantial. The only difference I noticed is that the old version is missing 1 or 2 diamonds at the bottom where it meets the hand because of the larger hole in the lock. I would appreciate your opinion because I don't perceive my bracelet to have a different shape or to be lighter than the new.

When I was at a boutique the other day, I asked about the new lock version and the SA took one out to let me try the mechanism. During the limited time I spent handling the bracelet (less than sixty seconds I guess), I have not noticed any difference in shape or weight.

The new lock felt quite secure actually, but there seemed a "gap" between the "keyhole" and the shank of the bracelet when it's closed. What was the problem you had with the new lock?

Reactions: Kindness3
Hi everyone, I'm more of a lurker on this forum but wanted to share my new white gold JUC!

I'm an asian man in my early thirties with a fit athletic build and have never been into jewelry at all (only wear a watch) but for some reason this bracelet sang to me. :smile:

Design-wise, I love its:
-simplicity
-asymmetry, can be worn facing “up” or “down”
-oval shape to fit the wrist anatomy
-how the curve of the bracelet is so seemless and unnoticeable
-the idea that the head/beginning of the nail is attached to the end of itself

I know I’m probably overthinking this but even the shape of the round nail head, slightly protruding below the coil, whilst leaving a small indent on the wrist after prolonged wear, sits so well on inside-aspect in the groove of the ulna bone as to be comfortable and not rotate around the wrist. It just parks there by default and so stays centered.

It feels youthful, fashion-forward and a bit avant-garde for a historical brand like Cartier. The idea of a tool, a nail with its sharp point and requiring the force of a hammer to be used, being converted into nothing more than a piece of jewelry. Maybe it was too fashion-forward for its time in the 70’s? Time will tell if it becomes as iconic as the love bracelet but I'm certainly going to enjoy it now in the present.

I can be dressed up in a suit (just peeking under my sleeve cuff) or in jeans and a polo or T-shirt. I think it will match all colors as well, bright or dark. I was pleasantly surprised with the rhodium plating too, its not too shiny or blingy as I expected, maybe because of its small size.

I had a chance to look at both the new and old lock mechanism and concur that the new mechanism design is just a bit heavier, slightly thicker, and noticeable more “solid” feeling than the old, but you have to hold them together to tell. Unless you’re very partial towards the old mechanism, the newer bracelet seems to feel better and, at least for me, fit my wrist better (I have fairly thick forearm muscles so the rounder shape hugs my wrist better). So, despite the option of buying the discontinued model as other members here did, I bought the new one.

I like the definitive click when I put it on and, unlike previous posts about the new model, my bracelet doesn’t make a sound or noise when I move it on my wrist or tap the nail head. It’s pretty stiff and solid. It requires quite a bit of finger strength to open the mechanism and I’m quite confident it won’t come off; maybe some of the other models that needed exchanges were defective in some way at the clasp.

Anyway, I’m still pretty infatuated with it. Thanks for letting me ramble. ;)

This is a very helpful post. Thank you!
When you mentioned that the new lock model had a rounder shape than the old version, were the two bracelets of the same size?

Quick question for everyone:
Does your JUC catch on any of your clothing? I am super annoyed because my JUC ring just ruined a beautiful Rag & Bone sweater by getting caught in a stitch, pulling it out, and leaving a hole in the delicate fabric. I've been wanting to purchase a JUC bracelet but don't want to worry about it getting caught on everything.

Reactions: Kindness3
May I ask why you have decided to sell it? I've been going back and forth with getting a JUC and don't know if I would tire of it soon after getting one.

Hi!! I love it so much I want the same exact one except with diamonds lol. It's stunning either way but I thought I'd give it a try and go for the diamonds [emoji184] but if not I'm still happy lol

Hi, have both the JUC ring and bracelet. So far neither has caught on any clothing -- however will watch out for the ring after your experience!
Does your JUC catch on any of your clothing? I am super annoyed because my JUC ring just ruined a beautiful Rag & Bone sweater by getting caught in a stitch, pulling it out, and leaving a hole in the delicate fabric. I've been wanting to purchase a JUC bracelet but don't want to worry about it getting caught on everything.

Reactions: Violet Bleu
I have the JUC bracelet in yellow gold and wear it with delicate clothes (cachemire and Silk) and
It doesn't catch on anything at all
I love this bracelet so much I'm thinking of getting the white gold one with diamonds soon
Hope this helps

Nope no problems with it catching on anything I looveee it so much I deff want a rose gold one I'm hoping they will come out with a thin JUC like they did with the love [emoji173]️

Haven't had issues with my JUCs getting caught on anything :smile:

Yes my pg diamond juc does catch on some of my sweaters.

Hi, have both the JUC ring and bracelet. So far neither has caught on any clothing -- however will watch out for the ring after your experience!
Thank you for the feedback!

I have the JUC bracelet in yellow gold and wear it with delicate clothes (cachemire and Silk) and
It doesn't catch on anything at all
I love this bracelet so much I'm thinking of getting the white gold one with diamonds soon
Hope this helps
Thank you! This is helpful as I tend to wear a lot of cashmere and silks also. I think the ring catching was a freak accident! Haha

Nope no problems with it catching on anything I looveee it so much I deff want a rose gold one I'm hoping they will come out with a thin JUC like they did with the love [emoji173]️
I'm waiting for the thin JUC too so I can stack with my thin Loves!

Haven't had issues with my JUCs getting caught on anything :smile:
Thank you!!!

Yes my pg diamond juc does catch on some of my sweaters.
This is good to know. Thanks!