January 2021 Purchases

My First Chanel!!!! I noticed that there is a slight iridescent look to the round hardware that holds the straps. It's something only I would notice as I carefully inspected after getting home. Is this normal? I don't want to return as the other two in store we're bent and I don't want to risk getting one I'm unhappy with.

View attachment 4976239
I love this bag. I remember seeing it the last time I was in a boutique and thought it was gorgeous! Congrats on your first Chanel! I think she's a keeper!

Reactions: Datenightalone
View attachment 4976881View attachment 4976882
Classic Small Flap SHW. I included the price tag for anyone that need some info. It’s true, only USA bought items comes with price tag. If you buy in Paris, London, they remove it. :smile:
ANYBODY know what series this is or what year? How to decode?
It's REV, i.e. revolving. As far as I know, only black and certain Beige Claire have the prestige being part of classic collection instead of a seasonal. For each season, they release classic style with seasonal colors and the tag will show season/collection. Congrats.

View attachment 4976881View attachment 4976882
Classic Small Flap SHW. I included the price tag for anyone that need some info. It’s true, only USA bought items comes with price tag. If you buy in Paris, London, they remove it. :smile:
ANYBODY know what series this is or what year? How to decode?
You can check the authenticity card - if for example the serial number starts with 30XXXXXX, the bag is a ‘30 series’ and was made in 2020 :smile:

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Hi all I need help please. I just got my Chanel caviar WOC with silver hw today. I was on the waiting list for 3 months and I was so excited when it arrived. Unfortunately I was disappointed at the same time. The caviar leather is so dry (looks like black grey) and rough, the edges are even more rough when touching. May I have your opinion that have you had bags with this kind of caviar? To be honest, it looks like plastic and doesn’t look like a good quality I paid for it. Any comments would be appropriated it. I have attach photos too many thanks

Attachments

• EF852C89-D5E5-4BF7-82C5-7C57F708D869.jpeg
    EF852C89-D5E5-4BF7-82C5-7C57F708D869.jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 0D73E7C8-EFB3-4D4B-B8D1-3F96C9F04BEC.jpeg
    0D73E7C8-EFB3-4D4B-B8D1-3F96C9F04BEC.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: pinkbirkin77
Hi all I need help please. I just got my Chanel caviar WOC with silver hw today. I was on the waiting list for 3 months and I was so excited when it arrived. Unfortunately I was disappointed at the same time. The caviar leather is so dry (looks like black grey) and rough, the edges are even more rough when touching. May I have your opinion that have you had bags with this kind of caviar? To be honest, it looks like plastic and doesn’t look like a good quality I paid for it. Any comments would be appropriated it. I have attach photos too many thanks
It does look a bit dry. If you aren't absolutely thrilled with your purchase, consider returning it. I know you've waited a long time to buy this WOC, but if you feel the quality is lacking you might not be as interested in using it. And it's a lot of money to spend to sit in your closet.

It does look a bit dry. If you aren't absolutely thrilled with your purchase, consider returning it. I know you've waited a long time to buy this WOC, but if you feel the quality is lacking you might not be as interested in using it. And it's a lot of money to spend to sit in your closet.
Thank you so much for your reply! I decided to return it! It’s too dry and also too rough to touch specially around the edges of the bag. I will go tomorrow and I’m not their regular customer hope everything will be okay ;)

Reactions: Penelopepursula
Wanted to share my new shiny baby - the blue sequin 19! :heart::love:

View attachment 4966493

Shoutout and massive thank you to Nat74 for helping me track this baby down.:yahoo:

I live in a country without a Chanel store, the nearest being a 2-hour plane trip across the ocean, so I usually have to buy it on my travels, or at the mercy of local personal shoppers who are based abroad. I sent out price requests for this bag... and they were charging an exorbitant mark-up, which made me initially decide not to get it.

But she’s just so beautiful and I couldn’t get her out of my head, so I decided to turn to the ISO thread, just in case! I’ve been reading stories of you guys getting your Chanels shipped to your addresses in the States, so I thought I’d try my hand.

Lo and behold, Nat74 told me that the NM in SF had it on display, so I sent the SA an email, telling him of my predicament. To my relief, he was not put off by my um, sheer enthusiasm, lol. Also I live in Asia, so I had to do my interactions with him at 6:30AM my time, 2:30 SF time.

I had it shipped to my forwarder in the States (I really kept a close eye on the Fedex tracker because Farfetch very recently just lost a pair of Margiela jeans I ordered -_-) and two weeks later, she was delivered to our house, box and camellia and ribbon and all. :love:

Funnily enough, I spotted her in the side mirror while I was backing into the garage. Apparently our helper put the box on top of a bigger box in the garage, but I had stared enough times at the photo of it that the forwarder had sent to just know that it was THE BOX. In my giddiness, I inadvertently started shrieking, startling my mom. Please remember that I was backing my car into the garage, so my mom had thought that I went into a temporary bout of sanity, lol

Anyway, she’s here! I can finally stop looking at her so longingly wherever I can catch a glimpse of her on the internet...

Next on my list, those cute scrunchies with the bow... Now that I have an SA on my Whatsapp, this is proving to be very dangerous territory...
Hi Lacquerista! I am interested to know the whole process for this especially the shipping. I live in the Ph, too! :smile: Gorgeous bag by the way! So happy you were able to get it! :heart:

Reactions: vivaciousbev1
Hi - did you find anything else out about this caviar? I just bought a 29 series wallet from japan that has the same look - and it feels rough and dry too- but also pretty lightweight - like lighter than I expected. I was thinking it might be fake - like plastic - but seeing your Woc - I'm starting to think it was just weird caviar.chanel back.jpg

Hi - did you find anything else out about this caviar? I just bought a 29 series wallet from japan that has the same look - and it feels rough and dry too- but also pretty lightweight - like lighter than I expected. I was thinking it might be fake - like plastic - but seeing your Woc - I'm starting to think it was just weird caviar.View attachment 5017324
I returned mine because it was so rough and dry I felt like I was holding cardboard. The leather looked off too. Yours looks better than mine. Enjoy it. My WOC wasn’t light weight