J Crew ~aholics Thread!

They were having a huge shoes/accessories/jewelries sale over the weekend, additional 75% off! I visited one of the Houston stores over the weekend and was able to grab a pair of flats and sandals for $20 each.

Hi,

Does anyone know if J Crew is discontinuing the sale and line of their Double Serge wool pencil skirts? Typically, they have new ones ready for selling this time of year, but all I see is the sale of old ones. Does it appear they are being phased out and will no longer be offered?

I ordered a one piece swimsuit earlier in the summer and the fit/cut was really weird. Big in parts, small in others, cutouts which completely revealed everything! I noted that in my review and saw there were several similar reviews. When I was on the site a few weeks later looking for another suit, a bunch more reviews had been added-pretty much everyone had the same fit issues I had.
I just noticed J Crew has deleted ALL of the reviews. Now it says "be the first to review." Just a warning for anyone relying on them!

I ordered a one piece swimsuit earlier in the summer and the fit/cut was really weird. Big in parts, small in others, cutouts which completely revealed everything! I noted that in my review and saw there were several similar reviews. When I was on the site a few weeks later looking for another suit, a bunch more reviews had been added-pretty much everyone had the same fit issues I had.
I just noticed J Crew has deleted ALL of the reviews. Now it says "be the first to review." Just a warning for anyone relying on them!
I've noticed, too. Same thing happened to me with a top I ordered. I think I'm done with ordering form them for a bit. Their sizing & fit has gotten to hard to figure out. It used to be pretty consistent, but the last few seasons for me have been all over the place. Tops will sometimes be too tight in the chest, but too big in the stomach area. The t shirts are ridiculously thin.

Thanks for saying that! I've been wondering whether they've been doing something shady because I'll randomly stumble upon an "older" piece on the site with zero reviews.

Add me to the list of people who are done with J.Crew (regular retail), Jenna Lyons and her morning-after-with-a-hangover style, and their spastic quality and sizing.
To be fair there are still good deals to be had at the Factory store now and again and I'd argue that the quality is at least on par, if not sometimes better, than regular retail.

I just started to know J crews. I do like some of their clothes not all. Their price to me is ridiculous. Especially when $100 sweater is made in China. The quality of the fabric is poor. (I used to sell fabric for a living). Hopefully they will improve these aspect.

THAT is horrid!! Wow.

Does anyone have the trench coat? I have been needing one and can't afford a Burberry so I finally ordered the J Crew as it has had a lot of good reviews. Just wondering the thoughts on here. Thanks!

only when my SA calls me for private events or when the sale hits 40 or 50% off. My love for the Crew has drastically declined and looks like I'm not the only one.

They really need to go back and look at J Crew circa 07/08/09 - whatever they were doing at that time, bring it back! the quality of the clothes - great, designs - fantastic, price points - right on.

Not everybody wants to dress like Jenna Lyons in sequin pants and plaid shirts with high heels to a formal event
They really need to get back to the classics.

I was just thinking last night how this thread used to always be at the top.

I'm really missing the J. Crew from several years ago. Haven't bought much lately at all. I'd rather pay more money for well made pieces (that is why I liked J. Crew in the first place).

I always looked forward to buying new sweaters in the winter but this will probably be my 3rd year in a row of not getting any. The quality doesn't warrant even the sale prices.

One positive thing I have to say about J Crew is they are now offering petite sizes in more styles. I've never liked their jeans but I have bought several pairs of petite toothpick jeans this year. The denim doesn't bag, even when I wear them while riding my bike. I've also ordered a few dress shirts and petite tippi sweaters.

One positive thing I have to say about J Crew is they are now offering petite sizes in more styles. I've never liked their jeans but I have bought several pairs of petite toothpick jeans this year. The denim doesn't bag, even when I wear them while riding my bike. I've also ordered a few dress shirts and petite tippi sweaters.

I have a pair of toothpick from 3 years ago and it is my favorite, just ordered another pair, waiting for it to get here!!