I've found my perfect bag but there's a huge problem. Help!

Hadn't heard of them, just had a look but I think I want to stick to ordering from Europe or even just the UK as I've taken a hit on the shipping costs for the Rag and Bone.

Plus I still really want to get a 'nice' bag if that makes sense. So I'm still hankering after a Prada or Loewe puzzle but not quite there in terms of paying so much and wary of pre-loved.
I'm sure I'll find something.....lol. The Rag and Bone design was spot on but they really should rethink the strap as it lets the entire bag down and just doesn't go with it. I did think of trying to find a different strap for it from a different designer but ...no, who needs the hassle?

Thank you for all your help though and I'm sure this thread will run and run until I find 'the one' !
Totally understand. Your dream bag is out there somewhere. When you find it , share your joy with us. Good kck.

Reactions: MamaSleepy
You should also know that you can ask them about customisations that aren't listed on their website too! :yes: When I got my first Penelope Messenger, I had a notion about adding a zipper closure to the main compartment so that it has 3 zipper closures (the front and back slim compartments which are zippered by default, as well as the main compartment in the middle), instead of the default magnetic closure in the middle. It worked out wonderfully, and that is now my preferred customisation for the Penelope Messenger!

You should definitely try searching through the Massaccesi general thread here, or there are a couple of useful reference threads too, to get a sense of what other customisations you could ask about on any bag they have, other than what they list on their website. If something really isn't doable, I believe Marco would usually let you know (it can be a pretty discussive process, but enlightening too!). For the Penelope Messenger, I also like customising the shoulder strap to be removable, in addition to changing the length to something that works better on me.

I also second the earlier suggestion for MZ Wallace -- the Paige in particular works fantastically as a crossbody, and it's slightly larger than the Penelope Messenger in dimensions and capacity. I used one of mine recently for travel and could fit a tonne in there for its size, including a foldable umbrella and a standard sized water bottle (500ml / 17 fl oz)! (My friend was amazed when I pulled the water bottle out of there :lol:) The hardware colour will vary depending on the colour of the bag, but they do match their seasonal colours with silver hardware, so you just have to keep a lookout.

Edited to add, MZ Wallace's website also recently started offering free international shipping if your order exceeds a certain amount (specific threshold depends on your local currency, but it seems to convert to around US$180-185). Their international shipping includes any import duties payable in your country too, if I recall correctly.
So much good information in this post! Wish TPF had a method to save individual posts.

Hi guys
The search for a bag continues but I can't do anything until the money from Rag and Bone is refunded into my account.
I imported it from their website based in New York (some shops in the UK do stock R and B but not the model I wanted) so I fully expected it to take a couple of weeks to complete the return.

However, they have had the returned bag back since the 6th of June!!! It is now the 27th. I keep contacting them only to be told it will be another 3 business days etc etc.
Has anyone else had such awful customer service from R and B?
I just hope there isn't an issue with the bag. I returned it within 24 hours of receiving it so it hadn't been used. I did remove the protective tissue paper and film because I thought I would keep it, even though it was too short for a cross body I was going to keep it as a shoulder bag and get a crossbody elsewhere as I'd saved on my initial budget. I filled it with my usual stuff and sort of walked it around the house for a bit but soon discovered issues with the plate on the front pocket and then the faulty piping. Plus the bag just didn't 'hang' right on me.

I'm really worried now that they'll think of a reason not to refund me. I can't afford to write off nearly £500.
Have just asked them to escalate my case to a complaint so hopefully should hear back later today.

Sorry about the trouble with R and B, hope it will be solved soon.

I didn't read through all the posts but I second Proenza Schouler, I love their Pouch, but don't know about fitting a 19 cm wallet in to it? The bag is about 19 x 19 cm so probably not. A link to Cultstatus in Australia because they still have the bag and you can see the measurements there. It's also available on the pre-owned market.
https://cultstatus.com.au/collections/proenza-schouler/products/ps1-pouch-black2413#.WzYjDadKiHs

I know BPC uses a Balenciaga Hip when out and about with her dogs. You mainly can only find Hips pre-owned now, I think, but they're available with silver HW. Gorgeous smaller x-body bag and I think it would fit your wallet.

https://www.fashionphile.com/balenciaga-agneau-giant-12-silver-hip-black-65805

https://www.fashionphile.com/balenciaga-chevre-metallic-edge-silver-hip-black-155899

https://www.lyst.com.au/shop/trends/balenciaga-hip/

Reactions: lenie