Is this Gucci tacky?

Coming from someone who tends to avoid monogrammed items from all brands ( I don’t care for them— especially LV) I have to say that this is not tacky. I love red and this would be a lovely addition to any collection. I agree it probably wouldn’t be an everyday bag but as a fun pop of color why not—- I mean fashion choices are all personal——-but I think to steal from Marie Kondo, “ does it spark joy?”

Reactions: amateurjeweler
Unless I'm mistaken (and I am definitely not an expert on Gucci like some of the authenticators in this thread), I think the Microguccissima print is outlet only. I have an outlet key case in that print, and it's noticeably thinner than the Guccissima that I got from the retail store. It looks beautiful still, but I don't think it's worth the price for me. Not to be a negative Nancy, because it is gorgeous! :smile:

I compare them here to give you a sense of what I mean. The quality difference is really noticeable to me, and I'm someone that does not usually poo poo at made for outlet pieces. (I love me a good Coach outlet style!) I think you can tell if it's made for outlet if the tag has a G in a circle on it (but again, am not an expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong).

Hey…. Are you sure guccissima is outlet only? I think it may have been retail boutique at first as was so popular years ago… like 2006 2007 2008 if I recall right… maybe they moved it to outlet only? also can you fit cards in the wallet zippered coin section (not the one key ring attached)

Hey…. Are you sure guccissima is outlet only? I think it may have been retail boutique at first as was so popular years ago… like 2006 2007 2008 if I recall right… maybe they moved it to outlet only? also can you fit cards in the wallet zippered coin section (not the one key ring attached)
Microguccisima is outlet only I think. The regular size Guccissima is retail. And yes I can fit cards in there!

I purchased my first Gucci outlet bag this year - the Bree crossbody/camera bag - in black leather Guccisima print. The print looks identical to the original post and works amazing as an understated bag - like LV epi leather.

My outlet experience was awesome. The SA was really helpful in suggestions while making sure to pull out brand new bags for the ones I was seriously considering. The outlet bags have an encircled G next to the code but it’s still Gucci, price was discounted and less than what I was willing to spend at Saint Laurent, and made in Italy.