Is there a bag Hierarchy???

yeuxhonnetes said:
i suppose LV and Hermes are somewhere at the top

however, LV maintains its exclusivity by never ever going on sale, because of their permanent lines. all the other brands -- even Hermes -- go on sale, because their lines go by season, so they have to get rid of their older bags before introducing the new ones, which somehow downplays their exclusivity.

and i think i explained that wrong somehow :huh:

:roflmfao: Are you serious?

Anyway...

I would say my list ranges as follows

1. Hermes
2. Bottega
3. Chanel
4. Goyard
5. Fendi
6. LV
7. Kate Spade
8. Coach

I just don't feel LV is all that exclusive. There are WAY too many fakes for one thing. Anyone can get a bag. They are not handmade. I could go on.:lol:

Reactions: richard m
I would also put Chanel above LV due to starting prices of the bags and the OVERALL RANGE.

for some reason I always feel LV average bag cost 1000 or less (at least the ones I see on the streets that normal common people use)due to all the monogram speedys, pouchette, etc that I see all the time.

Whereas almost any Chanel begins at about 1500 IMO. Anyhow definitely Hermes tops everything off, Bottega is very nice but I wouldnt spend my hard earned money on it. (I favour Chanel) :smile:

For me:

1. Hermes
2. Bottega Venetta
3. Goyard (I think they're a bit too anonymous right now - only bag people know this brand)
4. Chanel
5. LV

The next grouping for me has brands like Balenciaga, YSL, Prada, Gucci, Hogan, Marc Jacobs and Chloe.

The "lowest" of the designer bags for me has brands like Burberry, Coach and Kate Spade.

ilzabet said:
in my mind (which doesn't know much beyond the obvious designer brands) the hierarchy goes something like this...

1. Hermes :love:
2. Chanel
3. LV
4. Chloe
5. Gucci
6. Prada
7. Burberry
8. Kate spade
9. Coach

I actually agree with this. Except that I put LV and Chanel in the same cat as when people think V they tink monogram but its also alot about the limited lines and the exotic leathers. PLus I but BV as second so its:

Hermes
Bottega Veneta
LV- Chanel tied
Chloe-Fendi tied
Gucci-Prada tied
Kate Spade
Coach

I love gucci and Prada...I think it comes down to style and what you like. LV is nice but, I am not sure if it is the bomb but, someone else may..to each his own...

imo chanel is definetly higher then lv, its a total class difference, meaning the actual word class, not like classes people wise lol, okay getting myself confused, chanel may have an outlet with a couple of bags and active wear, but lv is like the middle name of fakes, fake central, and thats what for me spoiled the company for me.