Is the Tiffany Diamond by the Yard necklace worth getting?

I have the 0.16 in plat and it pokes me a lot, sometimes leaves red marks on my neck. I love how it looks and I have had it for a year - worn it 24/7 but the poking is actually pretty irritating and I am considering selling it and finding something else that is more wearable every day.

Considering how common the DbtY setting has become as choices from other, cheaper venders, I'd rather get a no-name DbtY-style necklace and save for a Tiffany design I love and can't get anywhere else.
I totally agree and that is why I went with the following for DBTY: BGD, GOG, and ID Jewelry. A few times I went to T and they thought my DBTY solitaire was from them and asked if I would like to cleaned.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I have the DBTY in platinum solitaire 0.14ct and a sterling silver sprinkle necklace. I have DBTY earrings in platinum and yellow gold (different sizes).
I think it is one of the best decisions to the get the DBTY! It is such a lovely piece and I don't think the other brands make them as nicecly. It was a modern design which Elsa Peretti made and the other brands copied. Its a modern piece that is simple and lovely.
:smile: imho

I have a .26ct plat solitaire. I am thinking in getting another piece prefer 18k yg.
I have my eyes on 3 stone (total .30) or 3 stone (total.42). Does it poke? Does .70ct get a certificate like the solitaire?. Also I saw some own the sprinkle & I am thinking which will look nicer. Sorry for asking so many questions.

I have a .26ct plat solitaire. I am thinking in getting another piece prefer 18k yg.
I have my eyes on 3 stone (total .30) or 3 stone (total.42). Does it poke? Does .70ct get a certificate like the solitaire?. Also I saw some own the sprinkle & I am thinking which will look nicer. Sorry for asking so many questions.
You would only get a diamond certificate if each stone is greater than .19 I believe. The 5 stone .70 would not come with a diamond certificate. Which sprinkle necklaces were you considering?

Reactions: Roseguard
You would only get a diamond certificate if each stone is greater than .19 I believe. The 5 stone .70 would not come with a diamond certificate. Which sprinkle necklaces were you considering?
I changed my mind on the sprinkle because I don't wear long necklaces so it'll be a waste. After seeing yours I am thinking 3 stone ss. I have a lot of ss jewelries so I can layer it with that. In the future I can pass it down to my daughter or my son's gf - depending who wants it :smile:

Sorry for the hijack but those of you that have a dbty bracelet, do you wear them 24/7? Looking into purchasing one but being that it's quite a dainty piece I'm wondering if you ladies remove them just before going to sleep

I changed my mind on the sprinkle because I don't wear long necklaces so it'll be a waste. After seeing yours I am thinking 3 stone ss. I have a lot of ss jewelries so I can layer it with that. In the future I can pass it down to my daughter or my son's gf - depending who wants it :smile:

I finally managed to take a trip down to the store. After trying on a few pieces, I think RG looks best on me. This is the 0.25ct and it appears bigger than my 0.26 plat. I will be getting it in 2 weeks: lengthening & putting a basket to prevent poke.

Attachments

• IMG_2664.JPG
    IMG_2664.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 3,754