Is Chanel classic a must ?

I'll always be a classic flap person.
Where I live, not common on the street. Anyway with lockdown, I hardly even take my bags out.
Even if it is common, I will sell not just because another random person is wearing one. I want it and wear it because I like the form of CF and I believe I look fine in one regardless the CF hit rate on the street.

For me, the CF was my hg bag. I was never really satisfied with buying Chanel bags, until I bought my CF. Now I feel my collection is complete and I have bag peace. :smile:
@Classy_Sam @AEGIS
So ame here! The CF in that iconic black with GHW was my HG too. Honestly, even when I travelled domestic and international in the Before Times I didn't see them often or everywhere. I'd see seasonal Chanels, Goyards, Longchamp LPs, and LVs NFs more than a black CF, even here in my home city. Case in point: The other day I saw a lady with a large pale petal pink CF with champagne HW at Costco--more power to her, love it! lol I think black CF oversaturation is a misconception because the bag is so ubiquitous across all socials and YouTube. In IRL, I hardly see it.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of black classic flap (caviar & lambskin), not because everyone else is wearing it, but I just don't like the black color.
In my perspective, Chanel has so many beautiful colored classic flap bags like pink and grey and it's what I was drawn into. I will keep my pink small classic flap forever. I wish I bought their colored bags many years ago before crazy price increase.

I never see people carry black CF here, but I do see people posting lots of pictures here and there on social media. There must be a reason why almost all women in the world wants to own this bag, because it’s an iconic bag and timeless. Nothing wrong to have the same bag with other people. So don’t sell it.

Dear all dearies ,

I have quite a few bags from Chanel . Coco handle , trendy CC , mini flap , vanity , phone clutch , woc . Was thinking of selling my classic flap as it’s so common . Will I regret after selling ?

anyone also have the same problem like me
If you need money, sell it. Otherwise, wait it out until you are very sure that you don't like it.

Also torn! Have my eyes on either a black caviar medium flap or Chanel 19 in dark beige. While I think I would wear the Chanel 19 more I know the flap is a classic and I can waitlist but for the Chanel 19 the SA said I can’t waitlist for a color other than black and fashionphile is selling it for $1k over retail :/

Reactions: mollylope
I really believe no handbag is a "must have". I would say however if you have a classic flap with the full set, in good condition, don't sell it unless you need the money. I 1000000% regret selling my jumbo flap simply because I will now have to pay double to get a replacement.

Having said that, if you don't have a classic flap and you're thinking "I should get one because I should have one" - that is just silly! Why spend money on something just because other people like it? Buy what you love!!

Reactions: EmilyM111
I really love the look of the classic flap. It never gets old and has been in style for generations. you can never go wrong with a classic flap in my opinion. I feel like Chanel is known for their classic flaps and if I were to get one purse from Chanel only it would for sure be a classic flap. I honestly dont see many people with classic flaps in real life I think its only really popular and common online. Since prices are always going up with classic flaps, I would wait maybe a year or two more and if you still dont really like the bag you can resell it.

Reactions: honeybunch
My Chanel is a iridescent pearl white with soblack hardware. It's surprisingly versatile. I'm so bored of the typical black caviar classic flap and will never bite the bullet in spending $$$ unless I absolutely love the bag-- whether it's limited edition or basic Chanel.

I don't think about selling them down the line either. I think that's the wrong train of thought. You shouldn't be constantly selling bags just to afford the next trend bag. And if it gets damaged, you have to have the funds to easily replace it without pinching pennies for the rest of the month. Otherwise, you don't have enough money to be buying Chanel in the first place and there's no point in obsessing over merchandise unsuited for your financial situation.

Last edited: