IBought a Fake Cartier Love Bracelet And Lived To Tell About It

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Interesting story. As for what bracelet you should get, if you do not intend on keeping the bangle on and plan to take off/on a lot, I would skip the bangle and go for the cuff. You are right about the thread on the screws being affected by constantly taking on/off. Replacement price for the screws is pretty high I think. I tried on the cuff when I was first started looking and did not like how it looked/felt. I am comfortable with the bangle 24/7 though. After a time, you don't really notice it on your arm.

Well, today I bought the yellow gold LOVE 'cuff' and a Trinity tri-color ring -- the 'classic' one that was supposedly created around 1920. I really doubt I will lose the bracelet; that was my main concern. There is no way I would be wearing the bangle with the screws 24/7 -- so this seemed to be the best solution to the constant 'on and off' situation. It will stay in better condition this way, too. I love the idea of the 'permanent' bracelet but it's just not practical for me. Thanks for your input!

Thank you CourtneyTyler for sharing! I also have the Trinity ring which I love. Both the LOVE bracelet and the ring are classic Cartier pieces. You have 30 days to make an exchange. I would wear the cuff (carefully though, so as to not get any scratches!), and if yyou decide to get the bracelet, then it would be an easy exhcange. But if you sincerely know that you will change your jewelry around quite a bit, then stick with the cuff.
Enjoy!

This is the guy that I bought the fake Cartier from. Either he has no idea it is a fake, or he got mad because I discovered that he is knowingly selling fake Cartier Love bracelets, but his version of "original Cartier papers" consists of a single sheet of paper, entirely in Japanese (I had my Japanese friend translate it for me, it was a service receipt), and that, to me, is NOT sufficient. He also seemed to have a good number of different sizes to choose from. And then he scared me by sending me an angry message on Ebay AND he called me to also leave an angry voicemail.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cartier-18kt-Wh...57982?pt=Designer_Jewelry&hash=item56424be6be

Just wanted you nice folks to know. If you were to bring this into Cartier, I sincerely doubt the SA would feel it was real.
If someone would report him, I would appreciate it.
Okay, I am not going to get upset about it anymore; I have a REAL one, for a GREAT price, from a VERY NICE guy just selling some stuff out of his closet on Ebay, and I am totally happy with it.
Thank you to EVERYONE who supported me!
I LOVE TPF!!!
:flowers:

This is Seth from Raymond Lee Jewelers, the company who sold you the Cartier Love Bracelet. We stand behind our products 100% and never sell fake items. The papers you received with the bracelet are Japanese service papers from Cartier. Cartier would never service a bracelet that was not 100% authentic. Raymond Lee Jewelers has been selling estate jewelry for over 30 years. We make sure all of our items are authentic before listing them on eBay. You can see from our 100% positive feedback rating with over 2193 ratings left that we are a reputable company.

Welcome Seth!!!!!!:welcome2::welcome2::

Im sure this was just a misunderstanding. To her defence, DarkAngel has since stated she is now unsure if the bracelet you sold her was fake and that perhaps it was real all along. She never meant to dispute your otherwise clean reputation.

Welcome Seth!!!!!!:welcome2::welcome2::

Im sure this was just a misunderstanding. To her defence, DarkAngel has since stated she is now unsure if the bracelet you sold her was fake and that perhaps it was real all along. She never meant to dispute your otherwise clean reputation.

Posting to a forum and discrediting a business' reputation is serious. If the bangle was fake then she has every right to report us and speak unfavorably, but it wasn't. She returned it to us because she said it was not the correct size (you can see exactly what she wrote on our feedback page) which is fine and goes along with our 7 day money back guarantee. I understand her displeasure and apologize for any inconvenience and I hope she is happy with the bracelet she got instead.

I agree that this was probably a misunderstanding between buyer/seller. We all know the buyer is now unsure about the authenticity of your bracelet and she posted that here on the forum. We are on this forum for fun, to follow each other's purchases and help each other out in the way online media provides.

I find it beyond disturbing that you followed up with the buyer, now twice to our knowledge. As an attorney I know this has not reached a level of slander in the slightest. You have nearly no proof that this has harmed your business and even if you found a post or two it doesn't warrant a lawsuit.

I think you are doing your reputation more harm than good by being on this board.

I kind of understand where RaymondLee is coming from. I'm sure there are many people on this forum who will not purchase from him because they feel the bracelet was not real.
I think if the bracelet was taken to Cartier and was found to be fake it most definitely should have been reported. However, it was never taken there so in truth no one knows for sure if it is or is not authentic. That is where the sellers reputation is being tarnished and questioned. If the bracelet is in fact authentic then as the seller (raymondlee) I would be pissed and tell my side of the story (even if it does look bad). You don't want lies about your company on a forum like this. It can MOST definitely have an affect on business.
Just my opinion.

I am deeply disturbed about this. The whole reason why I started this post was to learn more about buying used Cartier bracelets online.
I came up with the conclusion that the aforementioned bracelet could quite possibly have been real, even though initially I was unsure of its authenticity.
I post here because I feel safe discussing my feelings with the other tPF'ers.
I never reported it because I was not 100% sure. I left good feedback.
I am discussing my findings here with other forum members.

I no longer feel comfortable here.

Darkangel,

I completely understand where your coming from. You were simply sharing your thoughts and engaging in a conversation with "friends" so to speak and now your being put in a very uncomfortable position. We shouldn't have to monitor what we say for fear of being publicly confronted. This forum is here for us to openly and safely speak our minds without having to worry about criticism or fear.:smile:

Now that I put myself in darkangels shoes, I don't feel it was right for the jewllery company to post here. I think if they DID feel like darkangels posts were a threat to their company's sales they should have either let it go OR taken it up with her personally and maybe asked her to make it clear here on this forum that she cannot wholeheartedly commit to the bracelet being real or fake and for us to be cautiously optimistic before purchasing Cartier Love items from Raymond Lee or any other seller on ebay.

Just my two cents. I am more confused at how Raymond Lee found their way to this thread?? :confused1::

I'm closing this. . .
but I'd like to just remind people of the obvious if I may?
If you are going to accuse someone publicly of selling you a fake item, it's reasonable for them to defend themselves and we allow this. It's what is fair.
People need to be very careful throwing any kind of info or accusations like this around :idea:
Google is used by a LOT of seller/buyers/retailers everyday. There is no privacy on the internet.

Reactions: Bee-licious
Status
Not open for further replies.