How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

I applaud your courage in doing the explant as I know that it is not an easy decision. Most of us opted for plastic surgery for the reason to enhance our looks. But health is definitely more important than anything else.
Do keep us updated on your journey! I am sure your explant journey would help many of us here.
Thank you @Fortunecat. Today I queued up in the cold from 7:30 am for a first come first serve GP appointment handed out at 8 am. I felt like I was in Russia queueing for rations! It was sooo cold my fingers turned purple! He sent a NHS breast clinic referral and I tried to book a private breast MRI in London with a GP letter but that is impossible. Nothing until the New Year in Barnet! Apparently the breast mri is a very special mri and few centres in London do it. Waterloo centre would have been perfect but it is being refurbished so no MRIs there. So I booked a private ultrasound scan instead for later this week for £265. Results on the day from a consultant radiologist whether my right implant has an extracapsular rupture (panic attack big time), intracapsular rupture (keep checking for cancellation ops) or no leak or rupture (chill until en bloc removal). Then I shall have more information while I await to see Guy Sterne. If there is a rupture, the NHS will remove but after my 1999 NHS ruptured implant removal, I am not sure I want to be left with suturing done by a novice requiring scar revision and uneven leftover empty breast sacs or socks! ;)

Last edited:
Furthermore I doubt if an SK clinic would send your biopsy specimens to be tested for BIA-ALCL examination and even if they did and you needed treatment, you wouldn't be staying in SK for it so then you have to start the drama again of biopsy back in the UK. FORGET IT. This is not a procedure for cutting corners or discount shopping.
You are absolutely right @SheOnlyLooks25! I must forego bargain hunting and negotiating to just go with the best. Although I did pick the cheapest best en bloc surgeon! ;) Yes Guy Sterne also gives postop check appointments to discuss the biopsy results! Imagine patients getting the all clear meaning everything is out. No more toxic banned implant or scarred capsule left behind. Proper clean out = happy healing. The US FB group of breast implants has over 55,000 members with ladies all over the world explanting daily! Even in Iceland! Word travels fast! Natural, small, healthy breasts are trumping toxic banned big tits! ;)

@Fortunecat and @SheOnlyLooks25 wow I had my endoscopy today and it showed EOE, eosinophilic oesophagitis an immune condition and an oesophageal ulcer! Seems a lot of ladies with silicone implants are reporting this too! Good news is that it goes away on explant. 2 weeks to go to see one of the top UK en bloc surgeons....I need my body to hang in there until January's explant without getting lymphoma. Ultrasound tomorrow. No way would I ever recommend implants. Go fat transfer or push up padded bras!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181205-140836_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181205-140836_Chrome.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 679
For ladies out there with breast implants, saline or silicone, here are the list of symptoms for breast implant illness (bii). A GI doctor said the body was not meant for implants. The symptoms can come on shortly after insertion or years later.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181205-152206_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181205-152206_Chrome.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 660
For any lady even thinking of breast augmentation I would highly recommend you spend a week reading the daily posts by real patients in a fb group Breast implant illness and healing by Nicole. It has over 55,000 ladies worldwide sharing what breast implants did to them. It seems even saline implants may have silicone coating with toxins.

I paid £265 for a private ultrasound and my implants are intact. This gives me some comfort until explant in January I hope. I just found out that besides the chronic dry eyes I have (using tear drops, steroid eye drops), oesophageal ulcer and eoe, my early menopause in my 40s may have also been caused by these silicone implants! A lot of the ladies are also reporting early menopause! Another had a total thyroidectomy before she realised it could have been breast implant illness and would have reversed with explant. Ladies are even explanting months after getting BA due to breast implant illness. I trusted both CE Europe approval and US FDA approval for my breast implants. 4 sets later (3 sets recalled/banned and waiting for this French company Allergan textured coating silicone set to be recalled in the uk after being banned in France) and 5 breast surgeries now facing my 6th breast surgery, I realised I cannot trust regulators or manufacturers.

Ladies, get BA with your own fat cells or gain weight as breast tissue is mostly fat anyway. Read of ladies who were big chested when younger but after breast feeding deflated so got implants which then started causing problems. Or ladies who had mastectomy for cancer and were given silicone implants which have caused them palpitations, difficulty swallowing, atypical chest pain, arthritis etc. Be safe and healthy. Ladies are explanting from their 20s to 60s world-wide! And I am now a firm believer in bii as ladies share their b&a explant photos even of their faces changing from inflamed and bloated to young and fresh.

In conclusion before you pay for BA in Korea, research breast implant illness and spend time in the fb group. There are sad cases where some cannot afford explant after life circumstances change, job loss, divorce, etc. and in the UK, the nhs only explants for stage 4 capsular contracture where the implant is about to burst or confirmed rupture and even then it depends on funding in your area and the nhs surgeon as to whether they do proceed and some may only remove and leave the capsule behind which has led to continued bii symptoms and having to pay to get the capsules removed too. Some are taking out loans or maxing credit cards to pay for removal. Remember there are now 626 cases of breast implant lymphoma worldwide and growing as explanted implants are being sent to labs for testing and if positive you may need chemotherapy!

Attachments

• 20181207_061526.jpg
    20181207_061526.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:
Reactions: catelet
Okay bit premature. The formal written scan report came today and it says there may be signs of early intracapsular rupture. Ladies it may cost you more to remove than for your BA! If you do get BA put aside money for explant if problematic.

Attachments

• 20181207_094706.jpg
    20181207_094706.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 635
Okay bit premature. The formal written scan report came today and it says there may be signs of early intracapsular rupture. Ladies it may cost you more to remove than for your BA! If you do get BA put aside money for explant if problematic.
And don’t forget silent rupture which is what I have as my implants are very, very old. Saline without texture is currently the safest. Textured implants are the problem.
Girls you must save diligently to have your implants replaced every 7-10 years.

Reactions: MissOrange
A 10 month update on full face fat grafting. Bear in mind I have now had a total of 4 facial fat grafts so results may vary depending on whether it is your first or like me your fourth. I combine drinking plenty of water with keeping my weight around 99-100 lbs to make fat cells thrive which I did not do with prior fat transfers.

In picture 4 you can see my wide zygoma. Still obsessing about wanting to go to Regen and getting zygoma reduction with Dr Oh. Sigh.

Attachments

• IMG_20181211_222619_630.jpg
    IMG_20181211_222619_630.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_20181211_230007_089.jpg
    IMG_20181211_230007_089.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_20181211_230007_084.jpg
    IMG_20181211_230007_084.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_20181211_230007_090.jpg
    IMG_20181211_230007_090.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 567
  • 20181211_171239.jpg
    20181211_171239.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 567
Reactions: heartbeep
. I combine drinking plenty of water with keeping my weight around 99-100 lbs to make fat cells thrive which I did not do with prior fat transfers.
I think my fg get effected being out in the cold. I swear every time I been walking atound Chicago cold weather, my face the next day look less full. I think the doctor over filled a little so it’s still ok but I hope absorption of my fat will stop. My left face was filled with fg to my eyes but my right wasn’t and I am beginning to see asymmetrical fullness... my right lower lid looks a little sunk in vs my left lid which I love. I will definitely redo another fg next fall.

Reactions: MissOrange
I think my fg get effected being out in the cold. I swear every time I been walking atound Chicago cold weather, my face the next day look less full. I think the doctor over filled a little so it’s still ok but I hope absorption of my fat will stop. My left face was filled with fg to my eyes but my right wasn’t and I am beginning to see asymmetrical fullness... my right lower lid looks a little sunk in vs my left lid which I love. I will definitely redo another fg next fall.
Hi @jsorchid you are going through the normal cycle of a low after a high with fg. This is when the first fg starts to reabsorb. Fg needs at least 2-3 top ups as each time you reabsorb 50%. It adds up as you keep having to make a longhaul flight to korea for top ups. Luckily after trying Dr Seo in Feb for my 4th fg, it is stable. Doing the maths 120% overfill goes down to 60% first time, then top up back to 100% goes down to 80%, then top up to 100% goes down to 90% and finally a 4th top up to 100% goes down to 95% but for me I think I lost more in the lower face from combining ulthera with fg in Feb so my lower face is back down to the 80% mark. I now use water +++ and a 100 lb weight to expand the lower face and no more fg as my lower face is back to after the 2nd fg stage and I cannot bear 2 more trips to korea to correct my lower face.

I now have good news and an op date for en bloc removal of these French banned allergan natrelle textured implants on January 9 and will be combining with a lift! Yay! I love muscle + skin lifts as they last (bullhorn LL) and turn back time! My surgeon did the pinch test for breast tissue! Apparently you pinch the skin above your breast and if you can pinch 4 cms you have enough breast tissue for a lift! I am hoping I end up a small C but that would be a miracle I guess after explanting 295 cc implants. One step at a time.

I am envious that you got accepted for smas FL but I guess it was meant to be as I now need £7k to pay for my 6th and hopefully last breast op after being fooled by manufacturers and regulators x 4 sets of banned/recalled implants.

Last edited:
After I watched a youtube video of 3 Korean girls getting western makeup and looking too heavily made up like Halloween as one girl said after, I realised to look back to Korean, I need to wear less if any make-up and no false lashes! I tried the Asian make-up look and voila I finally look more Asian!

If ever you need a spa break try the Hyatt regency in Birmingham for £70 where the premier league football teams stay on the Friday before their 3 Saturday Birmingham games and there is a nearby new £500 million Grand Central mall where the Birmingham new streer train station ends inside. Only £6 for the 2 hour train trip from London. Here I am by the hotel pool in Asian make-up (still need more work flattening my western arched brows) and one British guest called me a chinese girl to her husband! I never corrected her. ;)

Attachments

• 20181219_161744.jpg
    20181219_161744.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 416
  • 20181219_161302.jpg
    20181219_161302.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
Reactions: GPR
MissOrange, I really like this look on you! Very fresh and girlie, great job!
Thanks @kitty nyc! It is a lot less effort. I just discovered infrared steam hair stylers! Had a hair demo and omg! Now I shall have salon smooth hair like the k pop stars on instagram in 5 minutes or less by using this styler at home.

My younger sister is now interested in flying to korea next month for plastic surgery to transform. You know who I suggested.. my korean ps! But I do worry as ps is very addictive and if you change one thing, you may need to keep going as you find more and more that needs rejuvenating.

I was looking in a mirror as I can't totally trust my android and thinking posterior zygoma reduction, then lower facelift would make me look like a beautiful k-actress but that is 20 million won! And I bet after that I would want a long nose. So best to just stop and concentrate on something else. 19 days to go to en bloc implant removal and breast lift! I think I am a ps junkie!

Today's post is on determining whether you need a breast lift. If you have grade 1 or more ptosis then yes mastopexy can help. I have grade 1 ptosis (nipples 1cm below the crease line vs normal is 2 cm above the crease line) held up by either bras or bikini tops which will worsen once the implants are removed so definitely need a combo lift too. My op is fast approaching in less than 2 weeks time and my consultation summary says he does not know what size I will be post explant of 295cc implants. I shall go from a 34 DD to x for unknown with lift. I have added 2 bikini top shots as I say goodbye forever to big breasts which quite frankly were too big on a 5 foot petite frame. I have researched thoroughly and Mr Guy Sterne is in my opinion one of the best and most experienced in en bloc removals and has ladies flying in from Australia and Turkey for explant with him!

In USA they transfer up to 400cc of fat to each breast for $11k but in the uk limit the amount transferred to almost half that. Not sure I want to start another fat graft journey with multiple top ups to Korea but may have to depending on the result.

In the meantime as my youngest sis also approaches 50 next year she too has booked Seo for her inc des and ptosis to start her rejuvenation journey in a week's time.

I wish there was a diagram to determine whether a lower FL is required as I still think I need one. Sigh.

Attachments

• 20181228_070245.jpg
    20181228_070245.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 779
  • 20181228_070945.jpg
    20181228_070945.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 768
  • 20181228_072616.jpg
    20181228_072616.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 778
  • 20181228_072630.jpg
    20181228_072630.jpg